Your Favorite Gaming Console - Both Current & Classic?

For "classic," I'd easily say the N64. Nintendo and their publisher Rareware were unstoppable during that system's lifetime. GoldenEye/Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day... Wow.
Currently, I like the 360. Xbox Live guarantees a social experience every time you play. The Wii is very innovative and fun but it's having trouble defending itself as a genuine console for gamers.

Michael24

We have a PS2, though I rarely play it outside of the GTA games and a few other odd titles. We also have an Xbox 360, but I hardly ever touch it.

We also have our original N64, Sega Genesis, and NES, and I typically still play those more often than the newer consoles. They'll always be my favorites. I just can't get into the majority of games from the current console generation.

roundshort

The Atari 2600, as that was pretty much the only one I have played, besides a brief outing with another I can not remember, it had a disk type thing around 1983 or so?

Ska

My favorite of all time (so far) is the PS1...I have a lot of great memories playing it...Tomb Raider...Resident Evil...Metal Gear Solid...Madden...Final Fantasy...I could go on and on.

The PS2 had some great games, but they didn't capture me like they did on the PS1. Sure they continued the series of the above titles, but they weren't ground breaking like they were on the PS1.

And I have a PS3 and a Wii, but it's too early to declare either of them as my favorite. The PS3 might be a contender, though.

Rayder

For early 90's it would have to be super nintendo with super mario bros., and A link to the Past

N64 would be next because of Zelda and Mario 64, but Mario Kart was pretty amazing, played that for hours with my brothers and my dad, can't forget super smash bro either

Gamecube (see a nintendo patern here)- Medal of Honor-European Assult is a good game- specially if you have many people playing it (another one that I've spent hours on with family) and Super Smash Bro. Melee

Of course the Wii- I liked Blazing Angels-multiplayer reasons mostly for the combat is sometimes a little challenging. Zelda is a must, but haven't played the new Mario yet, You can also buy DDR and Guitar Hero 3 for it so that is a plus if you were missing out on those for a while. Madden is pretty cool with the Wii as well, plus you can get old games from past counsels as well as play gamecube games

I have played the other systems, but nintendo has always been reliable so that is what we always got, They are pretty durable to, I still play the super nintendo and it has been through a lot (including 3 moves, and 3yr olds playing it) so they last a long time
but the problem is that I could not play Emperor's Tomb so you miss out on some of the other games

Katarn07

roundshort said:
The Atari 2600, as that was pretty much the only one I have played, besides a brief outing with another I can not remember, it had a disk type thing around 1983 or so?

YES! My parents owned one and as a kid me and my sisters got to get it out of the closet every so often and plug it into a small TV in their bedroom. I vividly remember playing Pitfall! on that thing. Loved it! It was the Uncharted of its time. :)

Rhys135

Nintendo 64 - so many great games and memories of multi-player. Classics for me include : Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 1, Smash Bros, Goldeneye, The World Is Not Enough, Banjo Kazooie, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Donkey Kong 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Beetle Adventure Racing, Zelda Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

When I had my Gamecube, I was starting to become bored with gaming, but the Wii and DS have rekindled my love for gaming. I think I'm gaming more now than I did in my Nintendo 64 days!

loganbush

All around, and considering it's time period, SNES all the way. It was such an amazing system and at the peak of side-scrolling games.

Deckard

loganbush said:
All around, and considering it's time period, SNES all the way. It was such an amazing system and at the peak of side-scrolling games.

Yea but it still got its competion from Sega. N64 more or less didnt have much to compete with. I can't remember anyone playing anything other then N-64 when Goldeneye came out. Except Pokemon on Gameboy but i nvr got into that game.

Tennessee Smith

Mine has to be the original NES because of Mike Tyson's punch-out and Castlevania. I played that system to death when I was a kid. Now I got a Wii and the PS3. The PS3 is amazing, If anyone ever gets the chance to play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, do it. It reminded me so much of a contemporary Indy-type character with a great story.