Denholm Elliot

robert knippels

Hello, I am new to this message board so I don't know if someone have asked this question before.

I was just wondering if they will mention Marcus Brody ( I thought that the actor Denholm Elliot died in 1994 ) or if they find another actor to play Marcus. Personaly I hope they don't use another actor but just mentioned him. I always saw him as the second father of Indy. I

Regards,

Robert

00Kevin

Indyfan
well, neither one is confirmed

we, as the fans, have speculated that it is possible that he is either mentioned, or have someone play a relative, neither one has had any word from the guys up top whatsoever

It won't be the same withour Denholm....he is missed.....

robert knippels

Hopefully they will mention him. Or honour him, I can remember that in some films ( I thought the blues brothers ) they mention the actors who died at the beginning.We may not forget such a great actor.

regards,

Robert

00Kevin

Indyfan
alot of films have 'in memory of...' at the end of the film, befor the credits

but yes, it would be swell

perhaps they could have a picture of marcus hanging on a wall, like at the museum

(and no....not at indy's house, nor his office)

bob

I personallu dont think the film should be dedicated to him simply because he died a long time ago....

If we are going to see a conventioanl Indy film with scenes in School etc Marcus will have to be mentioned. However i feel that Indy IV should not have any school scenes as they depend on Marcus.

Marcus as a character i believe has gone as far as he could in LC (whether that was the original conception is another matter) and i believe that the riding off into the sunset was a sutible epilouge for Marcus's character as well as probably Sallah.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I may have mentioned this before, but Marcus is my favorite character (the mentor figure intrigues me, in any context), and I feel he should be acknowledged in some way. I like the idea of a portrait at the museum. If Henry is in the film, it would be necessary to mention him, and as bob said, also if there is a school scene. I see such a scene as necessary to reestablish the character after all these years (both in real life and in "movie time").

As for mention of Denholm, I don't know. Perhaps.

I'm reminded of what British actors apparantly said to each other - "never work with children, dogs, or Denholm Elliot." I presume he must have been a scene stealer. He'll be missed.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
bob said:
i believe that the riding off into the sunset was a sutible epilouge for Marcus's character as well as probably Sallah.

For Indy also. The meaning of this sunset is kind of swept away by Indy 4.

00Kevin

Indyfan
no, they can't end the charactors with the sun set...........there is only 1 way:

'7 years later'

'Hirojima'

"so indy....how about we.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"

<big><big><big><big><big><big>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM</big></big></big></big></big></big>

monkey

I think Marcus Brody is a fascinating character. He has always been one of my favorite characters in the Indiana Jones universe.

I've always thought that as a character he was under utilized with the exception of Last Crusade, where I think his character was mis-used.

The character of Marcus Brody figures prominently in my Indiana Jones novel, The Secret of Nan Madol, currently in production, with the next installment coming soon to a web site near you. (shameless plug).

Canyon

monkey said:
The character of Marcus Brody figures prominently in my Indiana Jones novel, The Secret of Nan Madol, currently in production, with the next installment coming soon to a web site near you. (shameless plug).

Hey Monkey <big>can't wait to read the next part of your fantastic novel! It rocks!</big> :D :) ;)

Venture

Denholm Elliot was a mainstay in the mythos. It would be
almost blasphemous to not have some tribute. I'm all for the 'museum portrait' idea. Very classy and very Indy. But how can anyone not want Sallah in Indy IV!?! John Rhys-Davies adds so much to an already awesome 'family'!!!

Pale Horse

Staff member
Perhaps the best way to remember marcus without having him mentioned in a contrived way would be to have Indiana working at a school, in a building named after him...

ROTLA

apalehorse,

You stole my thunder!! I was reading the posts and was going to suggest that Indy works in the new Brody Building or the new Brody Wing of a building and maybe their is a bust of him or something.

Oh well...I guess I was too slow on this one!!

Indy Smith

Why a portrait? it could be something simple like say Indy as at the museum Marcus worked at and maybe he is coming along to see an annual event like the Marcus brody Memorial Exhibition. Not like they have exhibits of Marcus, but maybe every year there is a special exhibition in which has been named after marcus. Hmm...this idea started off good when i thought of "The marcus brody Memorial Library", but then I realised he didn't work at the Uni and would need some good reason to have the Uni Library named after him. Hmmm...Maybe the archeaology department was upgraded and rename in honour of marcus, "The Marcus Brody School of Archeology".