COMING SOON.NET! Darabont and Marshall Talk Indiana Jones 4!

Yanar

The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly includes some new quotes from Indiana Jones 4 writer Frank Darabont and executive producer Frank Marshall.

"I'm the world's biggest Indiana Jones fan," says Darabont, who wrote for ABC's The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (and adapted and directed Stephen King's The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption). "I'll trip all over myself to work for Spielberg."

"Frank understands who the characters are," says Marshall about the writer. Shooting stars in mid-2004 for a 2005 release. Don't assume that Ford, 61, who hasn't cracked a whip since 1989's "The Last Crusade," needs to team up with a young buck for the next adventure. "We're sticking with Indy on his own," Marshall adds. "He still gets around pretty good."

cool! sounds like the good indy we havn't seen too much since raiders! sounds alot like the video games. VERY COOL!!!!!!!!

swords

And it reassures that there won't be an legacy, or rehash of LC. "We're sticking with Indy on his own,"

wolfgang

So does that means no Marion, no Willie...no HENRY??? oh well, if it is what it means, I really don't mind, though I really do not mind Henry.

wolfgang

It is in theraider.net I wouldn't mind to hear what Aaron has to say about this, but I haven't seen him post in a while...Aaron?:O

FAN

Hey guy's,
It look's like a no go with son plot. Oh well, it's still going to be a great movie (as long as they don't mess it up), and did my eyes mistake me. Did Aaron H say that Indy was going to have a son and he is usualy right? You know we aght to sue Lucasfilms for mental battery, the suspense is going to kill me, but I'm loving every minute of it. See you guy's later and I'll see if I can find Aaron H. and tell him what's going on, I would be very interested to hear what he's going to say. See you later, FAN

wolfgang

hey, FAn, you haven't post in a while. where've you been? anyway, i just want to ask, why did Aaron said that, was it before Harrison said he wasn't going to have a son or after? I also wan to say that I like team work movies, and I'm sorry we won't be seeing that on indy 4, but then again we already have team work on the other movies so I sort of agree with it now, you know, to have something different.

FAN

Hey Wolfgang, I have been busy and I have had my mind on other things. As for Aaron H I don't know why or when he said Indy would have a son, Ive emailed him to see what he think's and I am waiting to see if he will post us, I told him we were talking about. You know I have been thinking first George Lucas said there would be a son and so did Steven Speilsberg, then Harrison Ford said no son ( and he had not yet read the script ) now this Marshall guy say's no son. And in the middle of it all are people who should know about the movie giving out false report's like Sean Connery saying that Speilberg would not be directing which turned out to be fake. So for the moment let's not take this new statement as absoulute fact but rather a 50/50, it could be fact and it could be fiction. Anyway I am still waiting to see what Aaron H as to say. FAN

bob

I think that it is a pity that Indy will be on his own but i am relieved to see the firy demise of the son/daughter sidekick plot line.

There has to be a sense of fun in it though and that was brought about very well by Henry in LC but i suppose ToD is an example of when you lean on a rather annoying supporting cast too much.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
(Man have I been misquoted...)
First off, I've never said that Indy would have a son, only that he would have a child (which means male or female). However, I have also said that things change suddenly with movies, especially this one.
It would seem that things have changed. I am frankly not surprised this change happened, since Harrison has been against the idea since the get-go.
Yet, here is some food for thought. How much would those men really reveal? Honestly, what makes you think they will tell the whole truth?...something to think about.

DrJones56

IndyFan
Aaron H said:
(Man have I been misquoted...)
First off, I've never said that Indy would have a son, only that he would have a child (which means male or female). However, I have also said that things change suddenly with movies, especially this one.
It would seem that things have changed. I am frankly not surprised this change happened, since Harrison has been against the idea since the get-go.
Yet, here is some food for thought. How much would those men really reveal? Honestly, what makes you think they will tell the whole truth?...something to think about.

Maybe they were drugged? It happens a lot. I remember back in 52 when I was working for the CIA, NY Times approached me for an interview... [continues into a long drawn out useless old-guy story] (2 hours later) ...and that's how I invented Diet Coke. :p

I seriously doubt we'll know much about this film, maybe not even the artifact, unless we get some spy reports. I wouldn't be surprised if we go through the next 2 years with no more than a 'making of' trailer like with LC, that's it. And I hope that's so, they way they reveal stuff in trailers these days, you bairley ever get anything new with the film itself! That's what truely scares me...

FAN

Hey Aaron H. Sorry if I misquated you, I was reallying
on what other people were saying and I vagualy remebered that you said something about Indy having a child, and someone else said that you were usualy right, but I should have checked the information before I took it for granted. My question is why is Ford against Indy having a son? or even a daughter? Does he think it will take away from himself? I don't know, but if anyone hear's anything new about what's going on with the new movie post it at Raven Bar. FAN

wolfgang

Well, let me think....you are right when you said that Aaron. You are also right when you say you are almost always right. I feel safe when you say things, especially if they are good news. And teh diet coke thing blew me off my chair HAHAHAHA!!! anyway, you are right also when you say we can barely know anything until we see it.thats about all I have to say.....for now

Adventurer

I hope it is true. I really, really, really, really hope it is true.
No son. No Dallas in Indy-Jones. Amazing. Sounds too good to be true.
And no rehash. But what does that mean? A complete new way of telling the story? Will they skip the formula? Or does they mean "new" within the borders of the formula?

Maybe we hear another similar statement to confirm it.

FAN

You know I hope they don't mess this up,
usualy when people go back and make movie's were they left off say 10 year's they really skrew it up. The thing is that what's attractive to people today is not what was attractive in the 80's, so they take an old character and story line and try to make it fit in today by throughing something from today's world into it and we are exspecting something differant and this take's the glamor and razz cudazz out of it and it's ruined. Oh sure well go and see it but were usually diapointed when we do. Or they copy cat the rest doing the same song second verse which were's out after a while. Oh well, let's just hope they don't screw it up. FAN