What does your name mean?

Canyon

I've always been interested in the meaning of people's names, and thought this would make an interesting thread.

My first name, Stella means *Star* and my maiden name is *Nobrega*, which means, Noble and Illustrious. :D

How about you? ;)

Canyon

Hey Temple!

Things are pretty good. All the better for coming back to the Raven and seeing people like you! :D

Tessa

Moderator Emeritus
My given name "Theresa" (yuck!) according to my parents means Little flower. Of course, there was a tradition that the first born daughter got the mom's confirmation name.
My maiden name Zarycki is descendent from a royal house in Poland. *Actually according to my dad anyone with the last name ending in cki and ski was royalty).
Schaefer (my married name) I could never figure it out. I think my husband told me once but of course I forgot.

Tessa comes from a nickname me dad called me. Short of Contessa. He was the only one who used it.

Kill Cavalry

My screename "Kill Cavalry" was the nickname of a Civil War general, but he was actually "A Helluva damn fool," according to Sherman, and his name was actually deragotory.

My real name is Irish. Kyle: "Handsome" Though I don't imagine I live up to that. "Intelligent" would have been much more prudent.

Tennessee R

Canyon said:
My first name, Stella means *Star* and my maiden name is *Nobrega*, which means, Noble and Illustrious. :D

We had a professional climber named Kohav when we did the History Channel Docu on Qumran.
Kohav means 'Star' as well.

etobicoke indy

k well here goes a bit bout me..then what my user name is all bout;;;

Name: Raul Santos
Born:Toronto,canada-----Chilean background(spanish-english speaking)
etobicoke fett--------Etobicoke is where i grew up in my neck of the woods...and Indy(self explanitory)

WE WALK HERE FROM HERE:whip:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
My real name is Sarah, Hebrew for "princess." My middle name is Elizabeth, which means "Promise to God." My last name, I have no idea. Technically, it's Spanish origin, but an Italian version of it.

Canyon

etobicoke indy said:
etobicoke, does your last name mean Saint, because I have a Portugese friend with the same surname. ;)

BTW, don't worry about your age. I'm three years ahead of you. ;)

00Kevin

Indyfan
last i checked, Kevin ment something along the lines of 'hanson' :-D

00Kevin is an obvious reference to the greatest secret agent of all time

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Aaron - A Mountain/Tower of Strength/Refuge (depends on which Hebrew scholar you talk to)
Christopher - Bringer of Light

My last name is not "real" that is to say when my Great-Great-Great-Grandfather came to America he dropped the "O" from our name...however, the name possibly means - Intelligent
higgins_family_crest.gif

Indy Parise

Robert: Bright Fame (not supposed to be bright flame)
Anthony: Flower (Not exactly the manliest thing, huh)
Joseph (My confirmation name): "He Will Add"
Parise: ??????