Wyoming, 1950

Goonie

LostArk said:
You seem to be saying that a lot :whip:

I couldn't resist.

What was the story behind Harrison's beard again? They were filming The Fugitive at the same time is that correct?

Adamwankenobi

Way of the dodo said:
I remember thinking the beginning was great but the end was lame. (and the main jazz episode would have been better as a 1hr episode than a 2)

That's been a big complaint about that episode. But now that KOTCS has been released, I've seen some people on IMDb say "Yeah, but not nearly as lame as NUKING THE FRIDGE!"

tupogirl

Adamwankenobi said:
That's been a big complaint about that episode. But now that KOTCS has been released, I've seen some people on IMDb say "Yeah, but not nearly as lame as NUKING THE FRIDGE!"

I'm gonna have to check imdb out lol.

Michael24

The IMDb boards are pretty much anarchy. I learned a long time ago to stay far away from those forums.

Goonie said:
I couldn't resist.

What was the story behind Harrison's beard again? They were filming The Fugitive at the same time is that correct?
Yeah, Harrison was still filming the early scenes of The Fugitive where he has a beard. I believe he flew out to Jackson Hole, Wyoming to film the bookends over the course of one or two days while on a break from The Fugitive in Chicago. I think they even did the filming on his own property. :)

tupogirl

Crack that whip said:
What puns? All I was saying was that I was jonesing for the show all week...

If I was less cynical, I would say something along the lines of 'oh yeah, back in the good old days'. But those days were horrible, so I won't;).:whip:

tupogirl

:p Ya'll need to come hang out on my scrapbook board for about a month. Imdb looks like a lovely trip to the local homemade ice cream shop...We just had some GREAT drama over there this weekend too!

Lao_Che

Did Jule Selbo write the Ford bookends since George Hall ones were ditched?

I liked the villain, the super powered back hand slap not so much.

Avilos

Actually Lucas and the film crew flew out to Harrison. He lives in Jackson Hole. That is why the scenes take place there. In fact I think it may have been filmed on his own property.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I know Mystery of the Blues aired March 13 1993. Does anyone know what day they filmed in Wyoming? It lasted one day.
mo_34.jpg

According to the Complete Making Of book, this is where Lucas told Ford about his alien sequel idea. Ford was already excited for Indy 4, but not with aliens. It wasn't until February 17 2000 at Ford's AFI Lifetime Achievement Award that he caved, pointed at Lucas and said "light a fire under his ass... I'll get the match for you."

Moedred said:
I know Mystery of the Blues aired March 13 1993. Does anyone know what day they filmed in Wyoming? It lasted one day.
mo_34.jpg

According to the Complete Making Of book, this is where Lucas told Ford about his alien sequel idea. Ford was already excited for Indy 4, but not with aliens. It wasn't until February 17 2000 at Ford's AFI Lifetime Achievement Award that he caved, pointed at Lucas and said "light a fire under his ass... I'll get the match for you."

The exact day is unknown to me but I read in an Indiana Jones book that it was filmed in December 1992, something makes me want to say late December but I am not 100% sure if I read that in the book, I will have to find it again. It would help if someone could find out the shooting schedule for the movie the Fugitive because the reason he has the beard is because he hadn't yet completed filming of the scenes with the bearded Richard Kimble.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
s640

The Cinema of George Lucas confirms they filmed December 19-20 at Jackson Hole. Are there any other Ford/Lucas photos from the shoot? And what's with the head on the woodpile?

Stoo

Never saw that one before so thanks for posting it, Moedred. (Yes, that head on the woodpile is strange indeed.)
Moedred said:
Are there any other Ford/Lucas photos from the shoot?
I've got some video.;)

Montana Smith

There's nothing I can do to the picture to make any sense of the head on the wood pile.

It doesn't appear to be a reflection.

Was it a fake head for burying in the snow?

Or was it Mr Potato-Indy's spare Saxaphone-playing head? :confused: