Star Trek 4 (2020s)

axelan

Moedred said:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...chris-pine-chris-hemsworth-talks-fall-1133802
This project is separate from Tarantino's. If it involves Chris Hemsworth it would presumably involve time travel and possibly even a shift back to the original timeline. But since Beyond underperformed, the Kirks won't accept the pay cut.

I hope the whole thing falls apart! Nothing against the actors but the direction of the franchise is awful! Abrams and those involved in Discovery killed ST!

The only real hope is Patric Stewart's new potential series.

Indyfan1981

Absolutely will not buy it. I agree with the above ^ post I hope it flops as these are not Star Trek they are abominations to milk the fans. Burn in hell :gun: jar jar abrams you really have killed it all.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't sure where to post this art by Jeff Carlisle: Another Night at the Warp Core cafe. There are several Harrison Fords.

CharCon2018_05B_forweb01E.jpg

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
More details:
J.D. Payne: “There’s an episode of ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’ called ‘Relics’ where they find Scotty, who’s been trapped a transporter for a couple of decades, and they’re able to have cool adventure with him. Our conceit was, ‘What if right before the Kelvin impacted with that huge mining ship, George Kirk had tried to beam himself over to his wife’s shuttle where his son, Jim Kirk, had just been born? And what if the ship hadn’t completely exploded—what if it left some space junk?’ Think about when you send a text message and you’ve typed it out, but you haven’t quite hit send. On the other side, they see those three little dots that someone has typed. It’s like the transporter had absorbed his pattern up into the pattern buffer, but hadn’t spit him out on the other side. It was actually a saved copy of him that was in the computer.”

Patrick McKay: “So the adventure is that Chris Pine and the crew of the Enterprise have to seek out the wreckage of the ship that his father died on because of a mystery and a new villain. In the ship, they stumble across his father’s pattern. They beam him out and he has no idea that no time has passed at all, and that he’s looking at his son. Then the adventure goes from there.”