Article on Dealing in Looted Antiquities

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
It is a travisty that this happens. I would say that our knowledge about the past shrinks about .25% every day given the rate such thieving is increasing.

bob

Webley said:
This is why we need Indy heer with us today.

Well Indy is a looter of antiquities in ToD, selling a priceless artifact to Chinaese gangsters....

Pale Horse

Staff member
That's very true, bob. Funny how the artifacts are now being sold out of China (among others) now.

Strider

I did a short article on a case a little like that in South America, the main difference though is that the situation turned out really well in the end.
A group of graverobbers/terrorists who had been terrorizing local villages stole a priceless artifact from an archeoligical dig. The archeololgists teamed up with some natives and a few secret service men and ambushed the terrorist camp, as the battle raged one of the archeologists ( I'll call him Indy :) ) found the artifact and stole it back. The good guys won in the end and the terrorists were all arrested (or killed).

Joe Brody

apalehorse said:
Funny how the artifacts are now being sold out of China (among others) now.

Yeah, but the thing is about those Chinese artifacts is that you really have to have a skilled eye to spot the fakes.

[Edited by Joe Brody on 02-27-2004 at 09:34 pm]