Ancient Wine Bottles

Indyologist

Indiana Jones orders some ancient wine:

"Uhh, I'll have a bottle of the Chateau D'Orille, circa 2500 BC." Turns to his date and says "That was a great year-- for Nubuchadnezzar."

Tennessee R

Indyologist said:
Indiana Jones orders some ancient wine:

"Uhh, I'll have a bottle of the Chateau D'Orille, circa 2500 BC." Turns to his date and says "That was a great year-- for Nubuchadnezzar."

That's in a book, correct?
And are we talking about King Nub of Infernal Machine, or King N-e-buchadnezzar. ;) :whip:

Indyologist

Tennessee R said:
That's in a book, correct?
And are we talking about King Nub of Infernal Machine, or King N-e-buchadnezzar. ;) :whip:

It's whomever your dear self wants it to be, Tenn...

Tennessee R

I don't think there's very much point in empty bottles. After all, youcan't drink them.
But the fact that some empty bottles of wine were found 300 years old, and seem to be from a govenor, seems to be archaeology at work discovering new (Or would that be 'old') sites that may be able to tell us more about history.

blur

Renderking Fisk said:
What's the point of empty bottles? No matter how old.

"What's really neat about this is finding so many of them intact -- and still in their original context," Straube said, referring to the fact that they were discovered in their original burial spot.

whipem

Who is King Nub, anyway? I've only heard of him in IM. Speaking of IM, does anyone know any good web sites about King Solomon's Mines?