General Star Wars discussion

Montana Smith

1723648_4f1e_1024x2000.jpg

Dr. Gonzo

Now word is being confirmed of the other stand alone movies...

...and these are very much what I expected them to tackle first.

A stand alone (young) Han Solo film and a Boba Fett film are being written.

http://www.slashfilm.com/two-more-star-wars-spin-offs-revealed-young-han-solo-and-boba-fett/

And I'm sure this young Han Solo film will open up debate for recasting the part
and the possible implications that this may have on the future of the Indiana Jones series...
if it even continues... with a recast younger Indy.

Let the flood gates open.

Ska

Dr. Gonzo said:
...and these are very much what I expected them to tackle first.

A stand alone (young) Han Solo film and a Boba Fett film are being written.

http://www.slashfilm.com/two-more-star-wars-spin-offs-revealed-young-han-solo-and-boba-fett/

And I'm sure this young Han Solo film will open up debate for recasting the part
and the possible implications that this may have on the future of the Indiana Jones series...
if it even continues... with a recast younger Indy.

Let the flood gates open.

You know, I read that article about a rumored stand alone Solo film...and Indy didn't even cross my mind. But you're right...there's a very good chance whatever actor they find to play Han might just be a young Indy. Hmmm....

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Well, now...

Montana Smith said:

That cover is intriguing. And the title even follows the Indy format!

Also, it's interesting that they only have one stock pose for Han Solo in those days, albeit from different angles.

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
Well, now...

That cover is intriguing. And the title even follows the Indy format!

Good catch, because the 'treasure' in Lost Legacy wasn't what they were hoping to find.

I loved reading that early trilogy as a kid, and they left a lasting impression on me of what the Star Wars universe was like outside of the films. Hence the prequels were a massive disappointment.

Here's a quick wiki rundown of the plot:

While taking a well-earned break on the planet Rudrig in the Tion Hegemony, Han Solo and Chewbacca are approached by Badure, an old friend, and his female companion Hasti. Badure has a lead on the fabled Queen of Ranroon, the treasure ship of Xim the Despot, which has been believed lost for centuries.

Though Han is initially reluctant to join what he considers to be a pointless treasure hunt, he and Chewbacca decide to accompany Badure on his search. Accompanying them on their quest are Skynx, an alien historian from the planet Ruuria, and Han's droid companions, Bollux and Blue Max.

Han's group is not the only one on the trail of Xim the Despot's treasure, however. After landing on the planet Dellalt, Han and his companions are attacked and forced to abandon the Millennium Falcon. Their attackers steal the Falcon and fly her to a distant mining camp, where they intend to search her for clues to the Queen's location - by tearing the Falcon apart, if necessary.

Han and the others set off on a trip overland to recover the Falcon. On their way, they are captured by a group of religious cultists, descendants of the Queen of Ranroon's crew. The cultists are determined to keep Xim's treasure safe, and are about to unleash an army of Xim the Despot's war-robots to destroy the mining camp - and the Falcon.

Through the ingenuity of Bollux and Blue Max, the war-robots are stopped. Han and the others recover the Falcon and fly to the location of Xim's fabled treasure, only to find that the treasure isn't quite what they were expecting, consisting of technology that was state-of-the-art in Xim's era but is now commonplace and inexpensive.

The book ends with Han and Chewbacca taking the badly-reassembled Falcon back into space, with plans to borrow money from Jabba the Hutt for an attempted Kessel Run.

AndyLGR

Thats inspired me to dig out my old Han Solo books and give them another read, it must 20 years since I last read them. Although the character called Bollux still makes me chuckle.

Montana Smith

AndyLGR said:
Thats inspired me to dig out my old Han Solo books and give them another read, it must 20 years since I last read them. Although the character called Bollux still makes me chuckle.

:D

I used to think that maybe it didn't have the same connotations in other countries!

In the original UK release of The Han Solo Adventures, Bollux was renamed Zollux, as the original term is homophonous with a colloquial term for the word "testicles" in British English, despite having an alternate spelling. In The New Essential Guide to Droids, Zollux was established to be an alias Bollux sometimes used in his travels.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BLX-5

Bollux-DB.jpg

Solo_BlueMax_Bollux_Chewie.jpg

Henry W Jones

I want another actor playing Han as much as I want another actor playing Indy. Star Wars is such a huge universe that it doesn't need to make films about previous characters. If Han appears in any other films it should be Harrison in 7-9. Otherwise lets see some new characters. Han is the only cocky smuggler in the galaxy?

Henry W Jones

Nurhachi1991 said:
I would pay to see a stand alone Lando movie.... The Brother needs his just desserts!

Who would you have play him? Billy Dee is too old now.

Another character that would need another actor. Push on forward I say. I also heard they might make Darth Maul the villian in 7-9. I would not be surprised since he was brought back in "The Clone Wars" t.v. show and was last week electrocuted by Sidious and was told he was not going to kil him and had plans for him. While the episodes have been entertaining, the cut in half Maul returning is a bit over the top.

AndyLGR

Henry W Jones said:
Who would you have play him? Billy Dee is too old now.

Another character that would need another actor. Push on forward I say. I also heard they might make Darth Maul the villian in 7-9. I would not be surprised since he was brought back in "The Clone Wars" t.v. show and was last week electrocuted by Sidious and was told he was not going to kil him and had plans for him. While the episodes have been entertaining, the cut in half Maul returning is a bit over the top.
Darth maul? I'd hope not. I'd like to see an all new villain. Personally I think they need some who is like vader in the new trilogy, ie an ever present in all 3 films. Instead of different villains in each movie like the prequel trilogy.