Super Bowl XLVII

Which team will win Super Bowl XLVII?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a fan of Ray Lewis or Colin Kaepernick but the Harbaugh Superbowl would be a great draw.

I sort of got my boy into the Falcons last year, and his friend at school is a Pats, fan so shy of betting, that would kick up the excitement of the game.

I'm hoping for a game as exciting as last weeks Falcons Seahawks...that had just about everything.

Mistakes on both sides, but the "warm up kick" after Pete Caroll called "routine/psych" time out and his subsequent freak out was GOLDEN.

Superbowl XLVII: Falcons v Pats

Dr. Gonzo

I don't know but it feels like the 49ers are gonna be going at the moment to me.
And I have no particular 49ers interest.

Finn

Staff member
Three threads down... christ, Goodsport. PAY ATTENTION!!

Threads merged.

Finn

Staff member
Goodsport said:
Pay attention to what? There was no poll there.
Then ask for one to be added to the existing thread. Standard procedure.

Not that it was a biggie merging these, just always a little frustrating seeing someone you consider a staple figure not paying mind to the lay of the land...

Ska

Man...this is a tough one. Being a Pittsburgh fan, it's almost impossible to want the Ravens to be SB champs for any reason. But on the other hand, a 49ers win means they would share 6 rings with the Steelers. Go Ravens, I guess?

roundshort

Ska said:
Man...this is a tough one. Being a Pittsburgh fan, it's almost impossible to want the Ravens to be SB champs for any reason. But on the other hand, a 49ers win means they would share 6 rings with the Steelers. Go Ravens, I guess?

NO! NO! NO! Gotta go with 49ers. Hate the Ravens and all they stand for. I do think this will be a great game. With their new QB 49ers are tough. I also like Matty Ice more than Wacko, so they should contain well.

Dr. Gonzo

roundshort said:
I also like Matty Ice more than Wacko, so they should contain well.

Hahaha... Matty Ice... (y)

mattyicecan.jpg

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
NO! NO! NO! Gotta go with 49ers. Hate the Ravens and all they stand for. I do think this will be a great game. With their new QB 49ers are tough. I also like Matty Ice more than Wacko, so they should contain well.

Ska said:

As a Bronco fan, I accept full responsibility for letting this dilemma come to fuition. This one sucks all around. That being said, I'm rooting against Kaepernick.

Here's my dream. After the toss, SF wins and they start the game. Ray Lewis comes in and trounces this jack-hoff Theisman style. (Where's this kids honor?!?)...then Alex Smith comes back in, and wins the game for SF. That way Pitt fans are happy Baltimore doesn't win, and this Willie Beamen wannbe doesn't get the glory he's seeking.

Six rings is six rings. Sure, it's an honor being the only one, but when it's a true competition, how much does it matter? Appearances to me are a better indicator of dominance.

Ska

I'm hoping that the Ravens win...but in 2-3 years evidence comes to the surface that over half of the team used illegal enhancement drugs. And the NFL takes the win away from Baltimore, and no one technically is the winner.

roundshort

Ska said:
I'm hoping that the Ravens win...but in 2-3 years evidence comes to the surface that over half of the team used illegal enhancement drugs. And the NFL takes the win away from Baltimore, and no one technically is the winner.

I heard they just signed Lance Armstrong to . . . never mind I think Lance jokes have jumped the shark whiel nukeing the fridge.

Was I the only one who was hopeing Bane would take out the entire stadium in Foxbourgh last week ridding us of both The Pats* and the Ratbirds?

And Yes Pale, this is all your fault!

Dr. Gonzo

I'm stickin' with what I said a month ago...

Although betting against the Ravens in a tavern called The Raven seems slightly wrong.

Anyone else care to join in before kickoff?

It's just passed noon, so I'm kickin' off my first beverage of the day.

Dr. Gonzo

Damn... that first interception really shook lucky number Slevin's confidence...

Hopefully a good rest and talking to gets the niners back in business...

But then again they are facing off against a man who killed another man.. so that might **** with one's head.

Dr. Gonzo

109 nine yard return...

:eek:

And I'm gonna be paying for it...
Just lost my damned money.
Goodnight everybody.

Having no skin in the game, it was an excellent game.

Great plays
Bad calls
Blind luck
Second chances
Peculiar play calls
Goaline stands
Power failures

The Unexpected Journey. Pretty entertaining.

Now, if I had skin in the game...

New Jersey next year.