Best plot

true3

Indiana is retired, an archeologist (James Spader) has some new information and convinces Indy to join him. They leave for South America to look for Eldorado, the lost gold city of the Incas. As villains we have all the nazi´s that fled from Europe, led by Eichman and/or Mengele. Here we have it all: Dangerous jungle, native headhunters, big bugs, nazis and a city full of gold. Can you trust Spader? Are there more looking for the treasure? How many boobytraps surrounds the treasure?

true3

Some changes

Well, why not a former top-student (Monica Bellucci). Indy doesn´t want the gold just the crown worn by the last Inca-ruler: Atahualpa. I like when Indy says "I hate the nazi´s" they seem to bee the only villains he has respect for.

HovitosKing

I think a great plot would set Indy in China, looking for some ancient, mystical Chinese artifact and having Lao Che's men on his heels.

Webley

HovitosKing said:
I think a great plot would set Indy in China, looking for some ancient, mystical Chinese artifact and having Lao Che's men on his heels.

Now this is a good plot.

IndyBeck

Randy_Flagg said:
Sounds good except for the nazis... we've had them as villains twice already-- time for something original.

Hey, this is _Pulp_! So Nazis are obligatory ... never try to change the genre in a series (nearly went unsuccessful with ToD). There have to be some stereotype baddies, and as Lucas wants to sell the movies in Russia, too, it won't be the Commies...

Andre

FordFan

Forget the Nazis. And they can come up with something better than Lao Che's men. We've seen them before, and if they can't come up with something better, maybe Indy 4 shouldn't be made.

And the artifact has to top the Holy Grail, if you can think of one.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Renderking Fisk said:
IT'S KIND OF HARD FORGETTING A BUNCH OF KROUT-THUGS WHO BUTCHERED A FEW MILLION JEWS...

... And my Grandfather. But at least he was shooting back.

NEVER forget.

People forget, Ren. It is perhaps one of the saddest facts of human existence, that no matter what happens, it will eventually be forgotten. This fact is only more painful to those of us who are blessed, or cursed, depending on interpretation, with an uncanny memory.

For the record, that's what I would have written if I had gotten back to you for your September 11th Rant over at TIE. People say "we will never forget," but we will. History shows that we will, because nobody considers everyday an international holiday just because the Nazis, the Fascists, the Communists, the Spanish, the Romans, the British, the Americans, the royals, the revolutionaries, the tribals, the fortune-hunters, the perverters of religion, the perverters of knowledge, the closed-minded, the weak, the power-hungry - all those who kill other people without any good reason.

Should we remember all these people every day? Certainly, but not through empty ceremony. Remember them by how you live your life.

Webley

It would be fun to see Indy beat the beeswax out of the Nazis in the next flick. That naver gets to old and I hope Fisk's Granpa picked some of those S.O.B's off.

Randy_Flagg

Renderking Fisk said:
IT'S KIND OF HARD FORGETTING A BUNCH OF KROUT-THUGS WHO BUTCHERED A FEW MILLION JEWS...

... And my Grandfather. But at least he was shooting back.

NEVER forget.

Great point. So no movie should ever be made that does not feature Nazis getting beat up. Even if it's been done to death, we still need to see it again and again ad nauseum-- especially in Indiana Jones films because Indy films are nothing if not platforms for social commentary.
(man, I'm in a sarcastic mood tonight. Sorry about that.)

FordFan

I'm not saying to forget what the Nazis did. I'm saying that the series needs a different set of villains aside from them and the Thugees. I didn't mean anything more than that.

FordFan

Can we get back to topic please?

The Nazis don't fit into the timeline do they? If this next one is supposed to take place in the 50's, what could be a possible opposing side?

FordFan

No disrespect to your grandfather, but there's really nothing we can say other than "sorry" is there, after that?