Secret of the Incas (1954)

Mr. Dark

I will set the Inca's free if dvd-r is compatible.If Indy fans are still looking for this hard to find treasure let me here your feedback.

Strider

I've been wondering where to find that myself. I've been trying to see all thoughs movies that influenced Indy. I just whached Treasure of Sierra Madre. If you haven't seen it you should, it's a pretty good movie starring Humphrey Bogart. You can defenatly see a relationship between the Indy films and this one, Bogart's character starts out a little like Indy, the darker side that is.

Luckylighter

I'm setting my VCR as well. I just wish it were on TCM without all those annoying commercials that AMC has decided to air. AMC was so much better without all that advertising. Regardless, it should still be fun to watch one of Indy's influences.

Katarn07

Mr. Dark said:
I will set the Inca's free if dvd-r is compatible.If Indy fans are still looking for this hard to find treasure let me here your feedback.

I don't get the point of this thread. What is that trying to say about a DVD-R?

I wanted to see this but I thought it was PM, not AM :mad:

Ska

I had emailed AMC about 3 months ago to see if they could play it, since I had heard that they had played it awhile ago. About a month later, they replied back saying that SOTI was not currently in their film library. So I searched and searched the internet to find a copy (which I currently own on VHS), only to see that AMC is now playing it.

Glad to see that AMC actually listened to my request. I also told them that a lot of Indiana Jones fans would love to see it.

Ska

Weber

I e-mailed them back in Febuary and they just said that SOTI was just not scheduled to be playing soon but they would listen to my request. I guess other people requested it too. If a lot of people request it again, they will probably play it again

Last edited:

Ska

The SOTI is an excellent movie. The similarities between Steel and Jones are uncanny. You can really tell how much influence this movie had on Lucas when he came up with Indy's character and personality.

There's a part during the movie with this woman "singing" (I use that term lightly) a song. If the "la-la-laing" only went on for 1/2 to 1 minute tops, I could has shrugged it off. But the freakin' song is like 3-4 minutes. ??? What were they thinging? Maybe someone else feels differently about this scene that might make me change my mind...

Ska

I

Indy's_main_man

I had petitioned to get a special edition DVD of the Mosquito coast with Harrison Ford and River Pheonix

AntiJones

The Remake of Secrets of Incas VS Indy 4

As the fans eagerly waiting for Indy 4 to come out - somewhere in another studio , another director is planning a remake of "The Secret of the Incas" featuring Harry Steele the character Indy was based on. To make it appealing to all, the director decided to employ the best script writer and cast an all-star (mostly young) actors and actress and to make it more challenging for Indy 4, they plan to release it 1 or 2 weeks before Indy 4 - which , incidentally will steal all the thunder. Do you think Indy 4 can hold up to such competition in the boxoffice? If the remake is more successful (in terms of story and action and of cause, boxoffice) - would you watch the sequels? :whip:

Ska

I think the only movie that could have an affect on Indy IV if it came out the same time is a Star Wars movie. EVERYTHING else would bomb against Indy. Although a remake of SOTI would be interesting and very good, I'm sure. It's unfortunate that only diehard adventure movie fans/Indy fans know about it.

[I just hope they don't remake the woman singing in SOTI...wtf is that about!]

Webley

SKAbatula said:
I think the only movie that could have an affect on Indy IV if it came out the same time is a Star Wars movie. EVERYTHING else would bomb against Indy.
Superman is comeing out in 2006 and that will give Indy a good run for his money.

IndyFrench

TR.N Staff Member
HOW may I ask, did you get this movie on DVD? It's never even been released on VHS. I would be interested if I could be assured that it's for real.

Mike - Raidernet Influences writer

Ska

It was just aired on tv a little while ago, so I'm bettin' it's a burned copy. There's no other way possible.