Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

Duaner

So after David Bowie's passing, when it was a topic of conversation, I was telling people I did not like his music at all. This week I cannot do that. I loved all Eagles music! RIP Glenn Frey.

roundshort

Duaner said:
So after David Bowie's passing, when it was a topic of conversation, I was telling people I did not like his music at all. This week I cannot do that. I loved all Eagles music! RIP Glenn Frey.

This makes sense. Anyone who LOVES "all Eagles music" is incapable of liking David Bowie.

I quote The Dude - "I had a very rough night, and I f*&^ing HATE the Eagles!"

To be fair - Glen's solo masterpiece the 1985 "Smuggler's Blues" is pure early 80's pop GOLD!

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
To be fair - Glen's solo masterpiece the 1985 "Smuggler's Blues" is pure early 80's pop GOLD!

You just like that "they hide it up in Telluride, and that it's here to stay...."

Dr. Gonzo

Abe Vigoda

0126-abe-vigoda-footer-3.jpg

The ironic thing is there were a bunch of joke websites that told you Abe was still alive such as AbeVigoda.com IsAbeVigodaDead.com where it was just a large blank page that either said "No" (meaning he's still alive)

...sadly today those websites read "Yes"

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
Harper Lee, Author of To Kill a Mockingbird and it's (pre)sequel....

I'll pass the mic to Joe Brody for a few words.....Joe?

Who was Harper Lee?

I confess I won't read 'Go Set a Watchman' -- not because it casts Atticus Finch in a different light but because I suspect it casts him in his true light. And if that's the case, Ms. Lee's attempt to set the record straight was too little, too late.

When I compare the circumstances of Ms. Lee's and her childhood friend Truman Capote's upbringing, I realize that it was Truman Capote that needed that ideal, that model father figure -- and not Lee since she purportedly had the real deal in her own father. I submit that people that have something are seldom compelled to create it. And while Capote may not have written Mockingbird (as once was the rumor), I suspect he helped guide its narrative -- it's idyllic depiction of Atticus -- before Ms. Lee and Capote had their falling out. But before she passed, she let us know the real deal.

So if Watchman makes Atticus just another failed ideal -- I tell myself to not let it get me down. Instead, it's just another reason to just do it. And do it right. And do right by everyone, all the time.

Mike back to you for Mr. Umberto Eco.

Last edited:

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
He is famous within the industry for never having used a light meter on the set of ?Raiders.?

What an amazing thing to be know for. Especially in scenes like this

Indeed, one of the greats... and I have to say, 103... that's impressive in of itself.

WilliamBoyd8

Actress Nancy Davis has died at the age of 94.

She starred in several films in the 1950's.

One was the film "Donovan's Brain" where she played the wife of Lew Ayres,
a doctor who removes the brain of a nasty millionaire and keeps it alive.
The brain starts taking over the doctor and it up to Nancy to free him.

Another was "Night into Morning" where she played the office assistant
to the University of California, Berkeley English department.
Parts of the film were shot on the campus.
College professor Ray Milland's wife and child die in a fire, and overcome by
grief, becomes an alcoholic. Later Nancy has to save him from killing himself.
She considered it her best film.