Will you see KOTCS in costume?

Will you wear a costume to the theater for KOTCS?

• Heck yes! I'll be in full costume.

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • I'll wear a fedora, but that's it.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • Yes, but only if I can get some friends to go along with me.

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • No way. Costumes at the theater are stupid.

Votes: 42 40.8%

• Total voters

The_Raiders

Well, I didn't really plan on wearing a costume, but I asked a friend if I should and they said I should, and I promised them I would so I'm going to. (y)

Asiano Jones

No shame in wearing a costume!

I'm certainly going to wear my Indy outfit. I've waited many years for the 4th installment of the Indy series, and I just want to have fun with it. But either way, it doesn't make anyone less of a fan by not wearing one, I'm just going to do it for kicks.

davros72

I haven't decided yet.

I just tried on my full IndyGear yesterday (after a few years in storage, as well as replacing the shirt and pants thanks to shedding some pounds over the last couple of years). Looked pretty good! Only problem is my slight tummy and my very non-Harrison-Ford head and face. I just don't have that chiseled action-figure face. Oh, well. But the jacket, hat, shirt, pants, boots, whip, belts, holster... everything looked pretty dang good!

So, yeah, not sure if I wanna wear it to the midnight showing or not. Last time I wore it was back at Dragon*Con 2004 (apart from Halloween 2005 dishing out candy to the kids) so it's been a while and I'm kinda Jonesing (no pun intended) to wear it again. However, I don't want to be laughed at or ridiculed, so there's that factor. I just don't know at this point. If I knew a faction of the 501st was gonna be there, I'd feel a lot more comfortable, but I'm not a member so I haven't seen any info in that regard.

If I do decide to dress up, I promise whoever sits behind me, I will take my hat off. :)

blueseattle

I'll wear my fedora. I have to!

My brother works at Hot Topic and picked me up a KotCS shirt, but I can't wear that to the movie, the same reason I don't wear band shirts to the band I'm seeing.

crowmagnumman

I've been collecting Indy gear for years, ever since I discovered indygear.com and joined their forum. Of course I'll wear as much gear as I have available then.

If I was actually going on an archaeological dig, Indy gear is highly impractical. It's good for the movies because it is period accurate and it looks cool, but in real life I'd prefer to wear something else. I can't wait to wear my gear to the premiere, though. I would feel like less of an Indy fan if I didn't.

Randy_Flagg said:
For those who plan to wear a fedora--
If you're sitting in front of me, I'm gonna knock it off your head! I spent good money on my tickets and I want an unobstructed view!!
Thanks.

Proper fedora etiquette would require that I take it off once I enter the theater.

Agent Z

Yeah, I'm sure Indy fans aren't going to be wearing their fedoras inside the theater. Not only is it rude, but it would be tacky as well.

If I was going to a themed-event, I might dress up. As is, no plans to. I think it's really cool though for those who are going in Indy gear. If I happen to see someone in said gear, I would probably smile to myself and put them a few notches higher on the cool meter for having geeked up for the occasion.

TennesseeKorben

HECK YES I'M GOING DRESSED UP.Here's what I'll be going as. Sure, it isn't close to accurate, but for my small town it will work. I will also take off my fedora during the movie.

l_53639957fbd39dbf2905928d581168d4.jpg

l_4ee8d184752bff90530b8b1f164b1e50.jpg

barranca

If you were really pushed for a costume, you could always borrow your Mums wedding dress, get a brown wig and go see the movie as Marion ! That would be really surreal, especially if your a bloke!!
( and NO thats not what I'm wearing. My mums much more petite than me !)

Vance

TennesseeKorben said:
HECK YES I'M GOING DRESSED UP.Here's what I'll be going as. Sure, it isn't close to accurate, but for my small town it will work. I will also take off my fedora during the movie.

You look better in a bikini than I figured...

Nurhachi1991

wearing a fedora and a leather jacket is not a costume its really casual wear. Where i live its cold and i wear my leather jacket and fedora daily

No a costume would be a 350 pound guy dressed as Mola Ram :D

jtobin13

lake shrine

i werar my fedora a lot at work for the sun and people say it looks good. I think it becomes a costume if one adds a whip and holster.

donufro

I'm going fully dressed as Indy and I'm going to find a little Chinese kid and dress him up too. He'll also be driving me to the theatre.

Euwhipides

The only time I dressed up for any movie was the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I went as Harry Potter because I had to have a costume for the release party of Book Seven, seeing as how I was master of ceremonies at the Borders I work at, and I didn't want to wear it just once. Anyway, I walked in the theater with my significant other and her kids, it was about halfway filled, and I got a standing ovation. It was pretty cool.

Anyway, as a rule I'm not a dress up guy. Even when I go to Dragoncon and such. However, I will be wearing my bullwhip and whip holster, hands down. My significant other's son as well as a friend from work will also be sporting whips. It's going to be so sweet.

:whip: