Ideas For New Indy Actor

Spurlock

Maybe not for Indy himself, but definitely could pull a more serious version of him, or a villain: Mark Harmon:

Mark_Harmon.jpg

P.S., does anyone know if there's already a thread on actors we'd like to see in the next film that haven't been in an IJ before? Kinda want to start one.

foreignerfred

Anyone who plays Indy has to have a certain rugged charm, be dramatic and serious at points, and humorous at others.

They need to be able to pull off stepping out of the shadows after the whip crack at the beginning of Raiders, but also be able to play up the humor chasing Marion's basket and fighting baldy at the plane.

After Guardians of the Galaxy comes out...and maybe the new Jurassic Park, we'll be able to see if CHRIS PRATT has what it takes:

l1n4.png

Spurlock

foreignerfred said:
Anyone who plays Indy has to have a certain rugged charm, be dramatic and serious at points, and humorous at others.

They need to be able to pull off stepping out of the shadows after the whip crack at the beginning of Raiders, but also be able to play up the humor chasing Marion's basket and fighting baldy at the plane.

After Guardians of the Galaxy comes out...and maybe the new Jurassic Park, we'll be able to see if CHRIS PRATT has what it takes:

l1n4.png

To be honest, he's a pretty good choice. He's got chops via Zero Dark Thirty, and he nails the scruffy look.

chrisprattzerodarkthirty_350_020513.jpg

kongisking

Christian Bale would do very well as a darker, more enigmatic Indiana Jones. I'm not kidding here. I really like this actor, and not just for that. Anyone seen The Fighter?

christian-bale-300.jpg

Spurlock

I like Bale, but I feel like Indiana can't be played by a regular Hollywood player. The role should make a star, not take a star. Just like how Harrison was still going to be remembered for one or two roles, but Indiana Jones but him at the top, leading one of, if not the most iconic franchises (hehe) in cinematic history. Which is why prefer choices like Worthington, Hardy or even Pratt.

If it's to be done again, I don't want a face plastered everywhere, a want a known, but still not HUGE. Kinda like Daniel Craig for James Bond. Before no one really knew him, but now he's huge.

Fun little anecdote, last year in English class, my teacher tasked us with creating a cast for the story The Most Dangerous Game, and my partner and I chose Bale for the lead. He was to play against Woody Harrelson.

Wait, don't they both have a movie coming out, where Bale is the good guy and Woody is the antagonist? Did we predict the future? :eek:

kongisking

Spurlock said:
I like Bale, but I feel like Indiana can't be played by a regular Hollywood player. The role should make a star, not take a star. Just like how Harrison was still going to be remembered for one or two roles, but Indiana Jones but him at the top, leading one of, if not the most iconic franchises (hehe) in cinematic history. Which is why prefer choices like Worthington, Hardy or even Pratt.

I get that sentiment. It indeed is wonderful when a new, shining star is discovered. I'm just speculating with names/faces I know.

foreignerfred

Henry Jones VII said:
I've warmed up to the idea of Chris Pratt, I think he has the looks and he could pull it off.

It will be interesting to see if his character in Jurassic World has any Indiana Jones-like qualities.

That would be a good franchise stepping stone into Indy.

seasider

With casting Indiana Jones, he has to be an actor who you could buy as an archaeology professor and a daring action hero who can kick butt in a fight. This is one reason why the casting of Harrison Ford was so genius.

If they were to recast him as a young man, I'd like to see them get someone who is not a big star but someone who has enough experience under his belt to be able to carry a big movie as a leading man.

A couple of actors I've thought about:

Josh Duhamel: He's probably most famous for his role in the first 3 Transformers movies but he's been in a variety of different movies. He is in his 40's now though.

Liam Hemsworth: His brother Chris was attached to Spielberg's Robopocalypse project. Liam is only 23 so he would be a very young Indy.
He's played several American roles so pulling off the accent wouldn't be a problem with him.

James Marsden: He's most famous for being Cyclops on X-Men but he has proven a well rounded actor doing comedy, drama and action. He's also got that cocky persona that you want for Indy.

Alecsguinness

Armie Hammer gets my vote as a twenty something Indy

Saw The Lone Ranger, which while not amazing, saw big potential with Hammer as an action movie star. If they do a prequel / reboot, he'd be a good choice. Indy would have been in his 20's during the 1920's which is an era I'd love to see in an Indy movie.

Ska

caats said:
i believe that for Pine. Pine would be my only choice. He seemed a lot like Indy. the way he yelled, and the way he ran and screamed reminded me of the start of Raiders when Indy ran to the plane.

Replying to an old post, but I just watched the second Star Trek movie with Chris Pine. And I really like the idea of him as the new Indy...hell, even possibly more than Ford for the new one. And I never thought I would say that.

Dare I say, he seems perfect for the role. Plus he's young enough to continue the series for years to come.

edit: And evidently someone else thinks this as well. Did a quick Google search...
chris_pine_is_indiana_jones_by_rexman1984-d6fz89y.jpg

HenryJunior

Disney wouldn't want comparisons made to Star Trek, there's already enough of that with JJ helming EP7. It could work, but I don't think it will happen. It would be rather funny that Han Solo and Capt. Kirk are both Indy.

Le Saboteur

Attila the Professor said:
...the new Jack Ryan film...

...that nobody seems to care about. Both he and Pratt, however, are presently spoken for as far as Hollywood is concerned. Pratt especially so if Guardians of the Galaxy is as massive as Marvel wants it to be.

That said, I would like throw out a name. He gets mentioned frequently, but hasn't risen to household name-status yet because he hasn't had that break out hit. That person in question is Karl Urban. Not Keith, Karl. No relation.

comancheMoon.jpg

The above snap is from Comanche Moon, the prequel to Larry McMurty's seminal Lonesome Dove series. That's not a fedora, but between this and his work in Priest, he can definitely pull off the look.

He's also been in: The Lord of the Rings (Eomer), Star Trek (Bones), Riddick (Vaako), and as the titular Dredd. We shouldn't forget his turn as Kirill in The Bourne Supremacy either.

144401-120106-rev-karl-urban.jpg

Slap a pair of glasses on that mug and he'd make as believable an archeology professor/lecturer/adjunct as Ford did.

Karl-in-The-Bourne-Supremacy-karl-urban-25533533-853-480.jpg

From The Bourne Supremacy

Hanselation

Le Saboteur said:
...that nobody seems to care about. Both he and Pratt, however, are presently spoken for as far as Hollywood is concerned. Pratt especially so if Guardians of the Galaxy is as massive as Marvel wants it to be.

That said, I would like throw out a name. He gets mentioned frequently, but hasn't risen to household name-status yet because he hasn't had that break out hit. That person in question is Karl Urban. Not Keith, Karl. No relation.

comancheMoon.jpg

The above snap is from Comanche Moon, the prequel to Larry McMurty's seminal Lonesome Dove series. That's not a fedora, but between this and his work in Priest, he can definitely pull off the look.

He's also been in: The Lord of the Rings (Eomer), Star Trek (Bones), Riddick (Vaako), and as the titular Dredd. We shouldn't forget his turn as Kirill in The Bourne Supremacy either.

144401-120106-rev-karl-urban.jpg

Slap a pair of glasses on that mug and he'd make as believable an archeology professor/lecturer/adjunct as Ford did.

Karl-in-The-Bourne-Supremacy-karl-urban-25533533-853-480.jpg

From The Bourne Supremacy

eehmmm! Nope - That doesn't fit. :sleep:

Le Saboteur

Hanselation said:
eehmmm! Nope - That doesn't fit. :sleep:

That's right. You're one of those people. Tell you what, you keep giving Harry that reach around and he might let you sit on his lap and steer the Jag.

:hat:

out of all the ideas for indy...Karl Urban best idea yet..hes got a edge to him good looks was great in LOTR..he's a tough guy ex forces, and people like him, broken nose to i did it.:D