Indy 4 Happening as we speak

Pan Rado

I'll probably get banned, but... I'm stoned big time (EDIT: ashamed of having ever written that), and if this story turns out to be fake - and I'm usually pretty sceptic as far as such rumors go - there's just one thing i would like to tell adiminjim:

Originally said by Indy
Now you're getting nasty
And come to think of it, as long as Indy prequel (not a cinematic Young Indy Chronicles adaptation) will be an escapistic thrill ride, I don't think it's such a bad idea. Even with Joshua Jackson.

Hey, I liked Ashton Kuther in the "Butterfly Effect" ;)

P. S.
Ayrun said:
Are you a member there?
Ayrun, no, I'm not a member there. I'm a lurker.

P. S. 2
Finn said:
I don't dare to, the girl might be a complete moron. I hate bad dates.
Indy throws a date upwards.
Sallah cathes it and points to a dead monkey.
"Bad dates"

No wonder you hate bad dates.

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
*a note from your moderator

TR.N Staff Notice

The discussion in this thread shows that members of The Raven Message Board are a diverse and international community. However, it appears that the discussion has strayed from the original topic or does not remain Indiana Jones related. It is important to stay on topic and within the Indiana Jones genre, so as to prevent confusion among those participating in the discussion or visiting this site for the first time. This topic is moderated and future off-topic discussion could lead to the unfortunate closing of this thread. - TR.N Staff

On a side note, I find it intriguing that the members of the Raven can conduct themselves with all sorts of restraint and respect when dealing with the sensitive nature of the Michael Moore thread, but throw all restraint and respect out the window from something far less trivial and unimportant on the grand scale.

This thread will remain open, for the time being.

I

Indy's_main_man

temple of john said:
The fact that the guy hasn't even shown up on this site since the first couple comments says alot.

reminds me of someone else....*COUGH* anti jones *COUGH*

LaoChe

Re: *a note from your moderator

Pale Horse said:
TR.N Staff Notice
On a side note, I find it intriguing that the members of the Raven can conduct themselves with all sorts of restraint and respect when dealing with the sensitive nature of the Michael Moore thread, but throw all restraint and respect out the window from something far less trivial and unimportant on the grand scale.

I suppose so... However in this instance we are debating the unauthorized release of information which may or may not pertain to the franchise this very site is so devoted.

Michael moore and politics need to be tip toed around, as it is a subject the demands respect for the adversity.

But this guy could just straight out be lying, and that's disrespectful in any community.

EDIT - I also agree this thread should be locked until THE DATE...

Luckylighter

Something that just doesn't ring true in Adminjim's first post is that whole story about how Entertainment Tonight ran a short spot on the filming of Indy 4. The news of this movie finally being filmed would be so huge, that a short blurb about it doesn't make sense.

And if it was revealed on ET, and the story is out in the open, then why would Lucasfilms Ltd. wait until June 30 to go public? Why would they be secretive about something that has already been aired?

There are just too many contradictions in this guy's story. Wait a minute...then Adminjim must be Michael Moore. :D

Indyologist

Hey AdminJim Howabout that Cast Announcment??

In case you've forgotten, today is the the day that "AdminJim" said that the cast for Indy4 would be announced. So when do you all think it will be announced today? My guesses will be:

1.) When hell freezes over

2.) When Jesus comes back

3.) When the US government finds the ark in that godforsaken warehouse

:( :whip:

What do you think???

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for the reminder? I already forgot all about him.. and what he said.. (yeah, I know.. short memory?)

When Hell freezes over?
... hmm... hard to check that, isn't it?

When Jezus comes back??
... who knows? he might already be among us? losing his faith in humanity?

When the US government finds the ark in that godforsaken warehouse?
... The government already knows where the ark is? It's a conspiracy?

Well? looks like there's still a chance Jim's right? ;)

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Moderator Note

Flaming will not be tolerated. Even if Jim's predictions don't come true, I see no reason to flame him, or his message.

Finn

Staff member
Re: Hey AdminJim Howabout that Cast Announcment??

Indyologist said:
Let's see... nope, it's still warm in Poland. Sweden too.

Indyologist said:
Hey, he's here! Quick, turn on your telly, now! He's here, spreading his message again... no wait, lemme have closer look... nah, false call. It was just Howard Stern.

Indyologist said:
"The Darkness abides from the west..." Let's see. Nope. Sorry Gandalf, no banana.

Indyologist

Re: Moderator Note

Pale Horse said:
Flaming will not be tolerated. Even if Jim's predictions don't come true, I see no reason to flame him, or his message.

Awww, okay.

(aimlessly flicking Bic in disappointment) ;)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hey AdminJim Howabout that Cast Announcment??

Indyologist said:
In case you've forgotten, today is the the day that "AdminJim" said that the cast for Indy4 would be announced. So when do you all think it will be announced today? My guesses will be:

:( :whip:

What do you think???

4.) When Finlands wins the Eurovision Song Contest

Finn

Staff member
...<i>and</i> the Soccer World Championships ... <i>and</i> manages to keep a lead in a hockey game against Sweden.

Katarn07

Renderking Fisk said:
Mods, Lock and delete this thread, please.

Why do you get so much say in what the mods do? There's no harm in leaving in open unless everyone starts flaming eachother randomly or it strays way off topic. Maybe that guy's stuff was somewhat accurate..... ahh screw it, I don't even believe that :p

Still, there's no point in locking and deleting it.

Pale Horse

Staff member
moderator note

A bellicose request from a gasconading member is not the way to appeal to the moderating staff, without receiving a raised eyebrow.

The reason I have not personally closed this thread is because I am curious about the exaggerated claims listed in the first thread. While I don't believe them, it does not mean that I am not interested in a good story. I also feel that if I close this thread, Adminjim will be robbed of his chance to respond (if ever). I have not spoke with Shipwreck concerning this directly, so I can not comment on why he hasn't closed it.

Again I feel compelled to ask, "Why must the moderating staff have to police every thread?" Some of our more accomplished members should have the discernment to resist the temptation to comment, especially when it isn't necessary. Lead by example.

Grizzlor

Indy 4 has been so inundated with fake scripts, rumors, writers, postponments and the like, it's difficult to believe anyone. That includes the 3 amigos too.

JAN

Dear adminjim

Great work, and if turns out to be as You say .... well, I´ll raise the flag, tip my fed and do a 12-times whipcrack!!

Wuuu... I just love good news!!

Best regards

JAN

Finn

Staff member
Kids, this is a model example of a case called "not reading every post in the topic".