Tales from Development Hell

Pan Rado

Have you read David Hughes' "Tales from Development Hell"? Here's a short description of the book:

Tales From Development Hell reveals Hollywood in all its mad glory. Whatever happened to Batman versus Superman? Why have there been so many scripts written over the years for the still "in-development" Indiana Jones 4 , and what?s Quentin Tarantino?s connection with the Bond movie franchise? And were the Beatles really set to star in Lord of the Rings at one point? All these "lost" projects, and many more, are covered in this major new book, which features many exclusive new interviews with the writers and directors involved.

My question is quite obvious: if you did read it, what does it say about Indy 4? Do we learn anything new? Does it mention any other script than 'Saucer Men from Mars'?

Luckylighter

I read somewhere that Arnold Schwarzenegger was supposed to star in that Planet of the Apes remake--this was before Tim Burton was attached to it, and James Cameron was set to direct.

I also read that Schwarzenegger was supposed to make a movie about the Crusades, that was going to be a realistic, graphic depiction of how gruesome the wars really were, decapitations and all. But this was before Braveheart came along and changed how we looked at Medieval warfare. Jennifer Connelly was going to star in it too as some sort of wench--excuse me as I drool all over myself as I think about Jennifer Connelly in a cleavage enhancing wench outfit, oooohhhhhaaaa.