Rest In Peace, [Insert Name Here]

WilliamBoyd8

Not exactly RIP but here goes:

Penn State takes down Joe Paterno statue

The famed statue of Joe Paterno was taken down from outside the Penn State football stadium Sunday, eliminating a key piece of the iconography surrounding the once-sainted football coach accused of burying child sex abuse allegations against a retired assistant.

Workers lifted the 7-foot-tall statue off its base and used a forklift to move it into Beaver Stadium as the 100 to 150 students watching chanted, "We are Penn State."

paterno_statue_AP329349108338_620x350.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57477372/penn-state-takes-down-joe-paterno-statue

:)

WilliamBoyd8

Scott McKenzie, singer of '60s anthem 'San Francisco,' dies at 73

Singer Scott McKenzie, who performed
"San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair)"
which became a hit in 1967 during the city's "Summer of Love" - has died.

"San Francisco" was written by John Phillips, the leader of the 1960s group The Mamas and the Papas. But McKenzie sang it and it has stood as an anthem for the 1960s counterculture movement.

http://todayentertainment.today.msn...r-of-60s-anthem-san-francisco-dies-at-73?lite

:(

HenryJunior

Jerry Nelson (1934-2012)
Puppeteer and voice actor for shows such as Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street, and The Muppets.
Probably best known as The Count!
Count_von_Count_kneeling.png

Goonie

WilliamBoyd8 said:
Neil Armstrong, RIP

Another celebrity from the sixties.

:(

Godspeed Neil Armstrong. I think celebrity is a little understatement for this one. Not just an American hero, but a hero and trailblazer for all mankind.

Joe Brody

Goonie said:
Godspeed Neil Armstrong. I think celebrity is a little understatement for this one. Not just an American hero, but a hero and trailblazer for all mankind.

Heart trouble and astronauts. Mark it. But I'd be happy with 82 years.

HenryJunior

Michael Clarke Duncan, 54 Years old
Armageddon, The Green Mile, Daredevil, The Planet of the Apes, Talladega Nights

Very sad and way too young, surly will be missed.

548156_10151010555787413_682466268_n.jpg