How much have you spent on Indiana Jones?

How Much Have You Spent on Indiana Jones??

• $0 - $1,000

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • $1,001 - $2,000

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • $2,001 - $3,000

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • $3,001 - $4,000

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • $4,001 - $5,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $5,001 - $6,000

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $6,001 - $7,000

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • $7,001 - $8,000

• $8,001 - $10,000

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • $10,001 - $15,000

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • $15,001 - $20,000

• More than $20,000

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

Billy Ray

I'm in the same boat with you guys. I have more Star Wars stuff than I know what to do with. Between my old vintage Kenner stuff, the modern Hasbro stuff, and Sideshow...I shudder to think how much I have spent and I am in no way a completist in any of those lines.

I do have all of the modern Hasbro Indy stuff, except for the fabric top truck, and am working on filling in the holes in my vintage Indy collection. The one good thing about Indy not getting the same amount of love as Star Wars from the toy/collectible companies is that it keeps me from going completely broke!

I don't really do too much "high end" collectible stuff in either Star Wars or Indy though. The most I will have spent on one piece will be the $250 for the Hot Toys Indy.

Mickiana

3 Wested Jackets, 2 pairs of trousers, two shirts, belt, gas mask bag, akubra hat, Penman hat, Alden shoes, David Morgan whip, 2 local whips which weren't quite right, 2 holsters, holster and whip belt, 2 pairs English beaufort glasses, money box fertility idol, pocket knife, various books, dvds, soundtrack albums, posters, world maps resembling movie map shots and possibly other stuff I can't remember might even top $3000. I voted for between 2 -3000. I've lost weight so I will have to get the pants taken in at the waist line soon. The local seamstress will charge probably $50 for the two pairs, hopefully not more.

Le Saboteur

I don't collect anything. The movies are enough. But I do have the original Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure. By itself it was a little over five-grand, and with the other odds and ends I've picked up I'm fairly close to the six grand mark.

Goodeknight

Lance Quazar said:
I was referring to buying the Lost Wave SDCC set of figures (pictured above). Which I have.

I am still confused by your "buck two fifty" comment. How much is "a buck two fifty" anyway?

$3.50?
$251?

"Buck two fifty" is a non-number, just an old saying for something with a vague value. I'm not big into figures, so I didn't realize those were lost wave.

Goodeknight

Mickiana said:
3 Wested Jackets, 2 pairs of trousers, two shirts, belt, gas mask bag, akubra hat, Penman hat, Alden shoes, David Morgan whip,

I'm picking my jaw up off the floor. The Morgan is the killer for me, and the great hats, Aldens, etc. Nice.

Le Saboteur said:
I don't collect anything. ... But I do have the original Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure. By itself it was a little over five-grand,

I'd say that counts.

Mickiana

What I'd really love to get my hands on is something like the Ark-carrying truck from Raiders. Not the toy, the real deal. Might have to buy an ex Army truck and do some rendering...

IndyJoey

but im only 13

So if i count all my close enough indy stuff, and all my indy-ish stuff, and my normal indy stuff that i have bought, im a bit under 200. But then my Dad bought me a Mk VII, but i didnt spend my own money on that, and me and my dad made me a grail diary replica, and if you count my archaeology tools (Legit, cause i want to study archaeology) well all of them were about $180.... and i think im going to get a penman or an adventurebilt when im done growing... but for now if you count gifts, i have probably $500 worth of indy stuff. Oh and as a side note, if any of you want to know what archaeology tools i have these are them.

http://www.archtools.eu/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29792

Goodeknight

IndyJoey said:
So if i count all my close enough indy stuff, and all my indy-ish stuff, and my normal indy stuff that i have bought, im a bit under 200. But then my Dad bought me a Mk VII, but i didnt spend my own money on that, and me and my dad made me a grail diary replica, and if you count my archaeology tools (Legit, cause i want to study archaeology) well all of them were about $180.... and i think im going to get a penman or an adventurebilt when im done growing... but for now if you count gifts, i have probably $500 worth of indy stuff. Oh and as a side note, if any of you want to know what archaeology tools i have these are them.

http://www.archtools.eu/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29792

Not necessarily Indy, but that's a very nice set of tools.

workstation2.jpg

Any pics of the grail diary replica? Sounds like your dad is a big Indy fan. Is he a member of The Raven?

IndyJoey

71lIA,V6Bpc

71lIA,V6Bpc

Sorry if those pics didnt come out right, im new to this. Anyways my Dad and i are both huge indyfans, yeah, but he doesnt have an account... but also, my dad is thinking about writing the entire grail diary by hand!!:D Yeah...

InexorableTash

IndyJoey said:
Sorry if those pics didnt come out right, im new to this. Anyways my Dad and i are both huge indyfans, yeah, but he doesnt have an account... but also, my dad is thinking about writing the entire grail diary by hand!!:D Yeah..

You should point him at indygear.com/cow - that's where the true obsessive types hang out. Not that I'd know...

Indy's brother

Maybe this should be a poll that we are allowed to vote in more than once. I've eclipsed 2k, but when I voted, I think I was at a paltry 1k. Also, it's curious that almost none of that money was spent on licensed merchandise. I'm willing to bet that I'm not alone, and that there's a direct correlation between that money and George Lucas' interest in SW over Indy.

Just sayin'.

Sea Monarch

I was quite confident I would pass the 1k mark, but little did I know I would, after accounting for everything, easily exceed $2,000. I think I need to sit down.:eek: Fortunately, it spans a few years. Lucas, I think you owe me a drink when I finally meet you.:gun: Although, don't know how to repay you for the sheer pleasure I get, every time I see Raiders, but I think I'm getting pretty close;) :cool:

Sea Monarch

I find it funny, that a couple of the cooler pieces in my collection were free. I like the '99 VHS promo buttons (flair), and even cooler, I love the giant cardboard promo display for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It helps to be friends with your local neighborhood movie theater.:cool: ;)

Rivers

Indy's brother said:
Maybe this should be a poll that we are allowed to vote in more than once. I've eclipsed 2k, but when I voted, I think I was at a paltry 1k. Also, it's curious that almost none of that money was spent on licensed merchandise. I'm willing to bet that I'm not alone, and that there's a direct correlation between that money and George Lucas' interest in SW over Indy.

Just sayin'.

Ya, after recalculating and missing some of the items in my collection after I first did the poll, I am well over $20,000

trdaggers

$10k/$15K

I'm sure it's closer to $20,000 but I really don't want to know. It would just depress me. My wife says I'm an idiot!:(
Gailen

Henry W Jones

This thread is impossible to accurately vote on. Since my original vote my Indy collection has grown and with the custom items it goes even higher. Crazy how much I've spent in just the last year on vintage and custom items.

trdaggers said:
I'm sure it's closer to $20,000 but I really don't want to know. It would just depress me. My wife says I'm an idiot!:(
Gailen

If she knew you were a collector when you hooked up then she only has herself to blame. My old lady deals with my collecting but she probably thinks I'm an idiot too. She just won't outright say it.

I.M.J.

trdaggers said:
Gailen

I honestly don't know how that's possible with this character, unless you were buying real gold props. I've got an Iron Man collection that's generally unrivaled (let's just leave it at that... lol) and I've probably spent that much across comics, toys, statues, and other apocrypha and I've probably spent a little more than 20k in the 20 years I've been collecting "Iron Man".

Indiana Jones doesn't have a tenth of the merchandise out there compared to that, so I'd love to see how you managed this one!

Rivers

I.M.J. said:
I honestly don't know how that's possible with this character, unless you were buying real gold props. I've got an Iron Man collection that's generally unrivaled (let's just leave it at that... lol) and I've probably spent that much across comics, toys, statues, and other apocrypha and I've probably spent a little more than 20k in the 20 years I've been collecting "Iron Man".

Indiana Jones doesn't have a tenth of the merchandise out there compared to that, so I'd love to see how you managed this one!

Then Im sorry, and Im not saying this as an insult, but you must have very little knowledge about Indiana Jones merchandise.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rivers said:
Then Im sorry, and Im not saying this as an insult, but you must have very little knowledge about Indiana Jones merchandise.

Oooooooh! Insult! Collector fight!! Iron Man vs Indy!! Take 10 paces and prepare your case...

I.M.J.

Rivers said:

Nah, nothing to be sorry about. I study the market only enough to know about certain aspects of the IJ hobby, but not others. For example, I'm only well versed on the figure lines and much of the IJ card market. I'm nowhere near as prolific with IJ as I am with IM.

But, with that said your reply is rather vague regarding my earlier statement. Maybe a better response would be to illustrate how your or trdaggers collection totals that kind of spending? :hat:

JuniorJones said:
Oooooooh! Insult! Collector fight!! Iron Man vs Indy!! Take 10 paces and prepare your case...

LOL! Definitely not insulted. I'm definitely use to a capped level of conversation with much, but not all of the Indiana Jones crowd. Not everyone of course, but in my own pretty darn nerdy pursuits I've found that it's definitely wider spread with Indy fans than other hobbies for some reason. It's akin to what the car crowd tends to call "Mustang Guys" as I've observed. LOL! ;) But like I said, not everyone of course.

Last edited: