The Adventures of Indiana Jones (trilogy novelizations)

ReggieSnake

I have the ToD adaption and I've read most of LC. I don't know if I'll buy it just for the Raiders adaption...our library will probably get a copy anyway.

I agree, the characterization in ToD is good.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Still waiting.... Apparently avaliable sometime in April here. If they even put it on the shelves. Is the publishing company printing this a big one? Coz if it isn't, chances are I'll have to order it.

mfisher

I didn't care to much for the Raiders adaption either.I didn't like Black's take on Indy at all.Plus,Black seems like a total grump.

After reading that article you can't blame the guy... can you imagine what that must be like to have written such a popular adaptation and not get ONE royalty check... DANG !

NamedAfterDaDog

I checked out the Last Crusade novelization from my school library today, are these the same as the three in this book, or did I get the "junior" version?
So, I'm asking: is there "adult" versions and "junior" versions, and if so, which one did I get and which ones are in this book?

G-Man

ReggieSnake said:
I have the ToD adaption and I've read most of LC. I don't know if I'll buy it just for the Raiders adaption...our library will probably get a copy anyway.

I agree, the characterization in ToD is good.
They are available individually too. Just ordered them from Play in UK as they have the movie posters for covers which I prefer to the one for the single volume.

mfisher

There are junior and adult versions... this book has the adult versions.. Borders books has an exclusive printing of all three junior versions plus photo spreads right now..

IndySeven

xVendetta17x said:
Does it include the deleted scenes like the comic book adaptations?

Yep! I have the original TOD adaptation, and its quite scary. There are a lot of deleted scenes in there, some very freaky and creepy. Flying human skins, skeletons, and Indy handling a snake just to name a few!:)

G-Man

G-Man said:
They are available individually too. Just ordered them from Play in UK as they have the movie posters for covers which I prefer to the one for the single volume.
Turns out these are the junior editions, but they are pretty cool books anyhoo.

Hawaii_Jones

I'm not sure if anyone else saw this, but at the Borders I went to, they had two compilations of the film novelisations: one paperback and one hardcover. I didn't read through all of both of them, but there are some noticeable differences between the two. The hardcover one has a prologue to TOD that says the diamond Lao Che has is the Peacock's Eye of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, while the paperback version doesn't have this prologue. I didn't get a chance to see what other differences there were, but that one caught my eye.

UltimateManGod

Hawaii_Jones said:
I'm not sure if anyone else saw this, but at the Borders I went to, they had two compilations of the film novelisations: one paperback and one hardcover. I didn't read through all of both of them, but there are some noticeable differences between the two. The hardcover one has a prologue to TOD that says the diamond Lao Che has is the Peacock's Eye of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, while the paperback version doesn't have this prologue. I didn't get a chance to see what other differences there were, but that one caught my eye.

I believe the hardcover is a collection of the Junior novelizations. It was exclusive to Borders, if my memory serves me correctly. I still need to pick up the Adventures collection to read before the film. But right now, I have thenovel series to keep me company. The Peacock's Eye thing is a ret-con. I know that for sure, and I find it rather interesting. It means Indy has pursued more than one aftifact from his youth, making him quite a dedicated person. He likes to see things through until the end.

Hawaii_Jones

UltimateManGod said:
I believe the hardcover is a collection of the Junior novelizations. It was exclusive to Borders, if my memory serves me correctly. I still need to pick up the Adventures collection to read before the film. But right now, I have thenovel series to keep me company. The Peacock's Eye thing is a ret-con. I know that for sure, and I find it rather interesting. It means Indy has pursued more than one aftifact from his youth, making him quite a dedicated person. He likes to see things through until the end.

Ohh, okay. If I remember correctly, the hardcover also makes some other references to YIJC, but I don't know what off the top of my head. Will check tomorrow to see what they were.

Michael24

I'll have to get to town sometime this week and try to find this. I once saw a three-pack of the adaptations available in Star Wars Insider, but I never got around to ordering them, and then they disappeared. I have the LC novelization, and I once stumbled across TOD in my high school library in 1995, and it was a good read. Would like to have all three, though, but I don't really like these multiple-books-in-one-volume editions, so hopefully I can find them separate.

|ZiR|

Ordered it on Amazon. Should arrive on the 5th.

This'll be my first time reading any official Indy lit. I really hope it doesn't suck. Though I'm pretty easy to please, and I'm not expecting too much.

TennesseeKorben

I finally finished reading Raiders. It took a while because I got side tracked reading Cormac McCarthy's No Country for Old Men. While the Raiders novel was different, I still really enjoyed it. Now I'm reading Temple while reading the Handbook too. Then I have the Borders Exclusive Junior Novelization Collection to read.

Michael24

Well, my mom came home from work today and surprised me with the three-and-one The Adventures of Indiana Jones. I'm glad she got that one and not the hardcover edition, since that's apparently the junior novelizations?

She also got me The Secret of the Sphinx by Matt McCoy and The White Witch by Martin Caidin. She thought these were brand new books. :)

Dr Jones

I've had my copy for a while now here in UK, but it's still on the Indy-shelf waiting for me. I've just started 'Secret Of The Sphinx', as I've been plowing through the Indy novels to read as much back-pages of Indy adventure before KotCS.

The book looks great though, all three movie adaptations in there, I look forward to delving deeper into the adventure!

(Boy, I soun like a commercial!)

;)

Ska

Just picked up my copy of "Adventures" at our local Borders bookstore.

Can't wait to read the trilogy!

|ZiR|

Mine just arrived!

The shape of the book is surprising. I was expecting your average, chubby lil' paperback. This is like 10x6 inches. There was a moment there when I was worried I'd ordered the wrong book. I thought maybe I'd ordered the jone with the junior novelizations instead. Whew.

Now the hard part is making sure I don't read it all in one night. I want to savor this.