Question about Indiana Jones.

Adamwankenobi

If it's canon you're talking about, yes they're canon. But they're not true films so much as they are TV episodes edited together. They're somewhere in-between being films and TV episodes. As the DVD sets say, they're "feature-length episodes".

ReggieSnake

This has often been discussed (Canon or not/Film or not:rolleyes:) (I'd do a search if I were you), but back when the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles were first re-edited into tv-movies to put out on VHS in 1999, they were numbered so as to include the original films which were re-released in 1999. Here's the quote from theraider.net:
The original Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV-series first aired on ABC in March 1992 and ran for three seasons (1992 - 1994). The last chapter actually aired in June 1996. There were a total of 36 aired episodes all at 45 minutes each.
All the episodes of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles TV-series from the early 90's have been edited into 22 movies to be released together with the re-release of the Indiana Jones trilogy in a The Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones series on VHS in 1999 . But only 12 of these 22 chapter have made the actual video release.
Lucasfilm is currently working on a complete young Indiana Jones DVD set expected sometime in 2007.

During the original airings, each episode was introduced by 93-year-old Indiana Jones, played by George Hall, but his introductions were cut for the video release in 1999.
and also from wikipedia:
In 1999, only Chapters 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, and 22 were released on VHS in the "Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones" along with the re-release of the movie trilogy (credited as Chapters 23-25). It was promoted to have the rest of the episodes to be released in later in the following year, but was later cancelled.
That being said, it is still open for speculation whether they count as "films", as they are simply TV episodes to begin with.

@Adam: I just saw that you already replied to the question. I just did to much work not to post this now.;)

tupogirl

I still think of Curse of the Jackal as a movie (but it's been split now) and of course, Mystery of the Blues. The ones that aired originally as a movie I think of as Very Special Movie Episodes. The others are just normal ones.