The Death of Indiana Jones

The Drifter

How do you invision the death of Indiana Jones? On a death bed while he whispers his last goodbyes or running from some natives in a jungle while being pierced by darts?

No Ticket

Indeed we can't all live forever. The ultimate truth is that we are all going to die and human beings are likely the only living thing on the planet that KNOWS it's going to die. But that's an entirely different discussion.

Indy dying. Hmmm. Well honestly after seeing KOTCS I would guess that he'd outlive everybody just about. I'm sure he'll outlive Marion, something just tells me that he would. Mutt would likely be the only person left that he knows (and any family Mutt has spawned.. heh, spawned)... and he would die at like a crazy age of 108 years old or something.

Or maybe he'd just live a normal life like anyone and die at a normal age under normal circumstances.

... He can't die on an adventure because the whole point is that SOMEHOW he always gets out. I don't think you're ever supposed to really be able to know how a character like this dies.

|ZiR|

Nah, man... didn't you see Last Crusade? Indy and his dad both drank from the grail; they're immortal now. Geez. :rolleyes:

No Ticket

|ZiR| said:
Nah, man... didn't you see Last Crusade? Indy and his dad both drank from the grail; they're immortal now. Geez. :rolleyes:

It would've been kind of cool if that really happened. haha. Them becoming immortal.

|ZiR|

No Ticket said:
It would've been kind of cool if that really happened. haha. Them becoming immortal.

You know, there are still some people who misunderstood the immortality clause in LC. (i.e. you can't cross the seal) People ask about it at IMDB and it's one of those pet peeves of mine. You have to be paying very little attention to the film to miss that part.

re: Indy's death. I hope we never know how he dies. The best heroes don't die, imo. Although I do rather prefer him dying over turning into a bored old man, molesting indifferent youths of modern day with firsthand accounts of history, like in YIJC. That was more sad than funny or interesting, I think.

Agent Z

The real world takes so many things away from us, so I never think about my heroes passing on. They are, even illogically so, immortal to me. :)

DrHapgood

To quote Henry Jones Sr. - "Let it go."

We don't need to know. We celebrate his life. His death is unimportant.

It reminds me of the long-running beloved, Rurouni Kenshin series where years after the anime series ended they decided to make an OVA (Original Video Animation) out of the blue which included Kenshin dying of consumption after a life filled with hundreds of battles and struggles. Truly gut-wrenching, and even the series creator (who wasn't consulted for this piece of animation) said it was brutal and unnecessary. The last we should see of these beloved characters is their happy endings and leave it at that.

Indy deserves the same.

Last edited:

MaxPhactor23

I've had a premonition...Indiana Jones will die as such...*wavy lines*:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJAoH5I-f64&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FJAoH5I-f64&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DarthMickey

one more

Indy will never die, but if he does we will never know about it. The Fans Having already killed ourselves from the boredom of KOTCS! :dead:

Benraianajones

DrHapgood said:
To quote Henry Jones Sr. - "Let it go."

We don't need to know. We celebrate his life. His death is unimportant.

It reminds me of the long-running beloved, Rurouni Kenshin series where years after the anime series ended they decided to make an OVA (Original Video Animation) out of the blue which included Kenshin dying of consumption after a life filled with hundreds of battles and struggles. Truly gut-wrenching, and even the series creator (who wasn't consulted for this piece of animation) said it was brutal and unnecessary. The last we should see of these beloved characters is their happy endings and leave it at that.

Indy deserves the same.

Good post, agreed.

Lonsome Indy

as much as i love Indy, i sometimes think how his time would come. it seems fitting for him to die on an adventure, its something that could easily happen too. and i know hes meant to escape from that, but like everybody else you do start to slow down and maybe that quickness that he once had wont be there anymore.

its probably for the best that we may never quite know.

indythecat

In my head Indy never dies. I like to think that one day he barely beats the forces of evil to a MacGuffin that does grant him immortality. Then Indy keeps a low profile, maybe in the jungles away from civilization, keeping the item out of evil's hands for all time....that way he remains forever a hero.

Adamwankenobi

I've suggested before that maybe he dies in a simple motorcycle wreck like his friend T.E. Lawrence. It would be ironic for him to survive all that he does in his life, and then die while out on a peaceful drive in the countryside. :dead: