What are the odds?

Henry W Jones

I just purchased an Uncle Milton Indiana Jones Booby Trap Set after seeing Montana Smith's use of them in the "Action Figures compatible with Hasbro's Indiana Jones?" thread as a gift to myself for my birthday. All the photo's on the internet show them like they are in the following photo.

a>

This is pretty much accurate other than a hook/lever that activates the hatch release for the spiders.

a>

So the hook piece sticking off the back is removable but the center piece that sticks up is not without damaging the lever piece and I paid enough for it where I don't want to alter it. So i started thinking of ways to cover it.

So 3-4 days after, the girlfriend and I go to to store to get a few things and sometimes we try to win something from the claw game for some 50 cent fun. I looked in the pile of stuffed animals and saw a baseball cap.

a>

At first I honestly paid it no mind then my girlfriend said "Does that say Indiana Jones?" At that point I looked a little closer and sure enough...

a>

So I put in 50 cents and gave it a spin and didn't even budge it. I figured getting that hat would be impossible so we went home with groceries but as far as Indy I came home empty handed. All through the rest of the night that hook/lever mocked me, needing to be covered. The next day I returned to the store and tried again and this time it picked up the hat then dropped it two inches from where it was. All the sudden it wasn't impossible. So in went another 5o cents, I got in my "retrieving the idol" stance and in my head hummed the Indiana Jones theme and moved it within a few inches of where I could retrieve my prize. So another 50 cents was put into play. Once again I hummed the Indy theme, positioned the claw, pushed the button. The claw went down, picked up the hat and moved it over the slot, dropped it and it was mine. Damn right "Fortune and Glory"

a>

Was happily surprised it is also Lucasfilm LTD stamped not just some knock off.

a>

a>

a>

So now I have two collectors pieces. And one fixes the problem I had with the other.

a>

a>

So seriously, what are the odds that in 2011, I find a 2006 licensed Indiana Jones baseball cap, in a "Claw game", in Washington, the week I need to find a way to cover a hook on my Indiana Jones Booby trap set I just bought? Crazy how some things just figure themselves out.

Congratulations...and fun story.

Though the distraction has got the best of me and I'm wondering what could be so bad/embarrassing that you needed to pixelate it?!:)

Henry W Jones

Rocket Surgeon said:
Congratulations...and fun story.

Though the distraction has got the best of me and I'm wondering what could be so bad/embarrassing that you needed to pixelate it?!:)

Nothing embarrassing. Just not trying to share the family photos on the Raven.

Montana Smith

Henry W Jones said:
So the hook piece sticking off the back is removable but the center piece that sticks up is not without damaging the lever piece and I paid enough for it where I don't want to alter it. So i started thinking of ways to cover it.

That explains why I only have two pieces of the set on display! I'd forgotten the third part, which will be in the box somewhere in the attic.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Dang! I hate reasonable explanations...;)

So did Mr deMille!

Rocket Surgeon said:
Indiana Jones lives...

...among the carnies!

Never let Indy become a sideshow to someone else's headlining act!

Billy Ray

Henry W Jones said:
Nothing embarrassing. Just not trying to share the family photos on the Raven.

Witness Protection Program sucks huh? ;)

My question is, where did you get the Uncle Milton traps? I've seen every other Uncle Milton Indy thing but them.

Billy Ray said:
My question is, where did you get the Uncle Milton traps? I've seen every other Uncle Milton Indy thing but them.

I got em off the Indy page on the Star Wars shop site for $20 a couple months back...of course the Star Wars Shop is now gone forever.

Stoo

Congrats on scoring the baseball cap, Henry W, although I must echo Sharkey's question. It looks stupid sitting on your diorama and, aesthetically, not a very good solution for your problem. (To each his own, I guess.)

Henry W Jones

Sharkey said:
Your really think covering up half your toy with a baseball cap looks better?

Stoo said:
Congrats on scoring the baseball cap, Henry W, although I must echo Sharkey's question. It looks stupid sitting on your diorama and, aesthetically, not a very good solution for your problem. (To each his own, I guess.)

Thanks for your awesome comments!!!!!

Stoo said:

Well, I would guess its just there for the picture...unless I misread something.

Sharkey

Rocket Surgeon said:
Well, I would guess its just there for the picture...unless I misread something.
You misread.

I just won a fedora at the fair playing the SHOOT THE CLOWN IN THE MOUTH WITH A WATER PISTOL game. An ugly price tag sticker on my Raiders DVD bothers me so I'm gonna permanently cover it up with my new fedora. Should do the trick.

Montana Smith

Sharkey said:
You misread.

I just won a fedora at the fair playing the SHOOT THE CLOWN IN THE MOUTH WITH A WATER PISTOL game. An ugly price tag sticker on my Raiders DVD bothers me so I'm gonna permanently cover it up with my new fedora. Should do the trick.

My fedora is so screen inaccuate that I'm going to place my KOTCS DVD permanently on top of it. :gun:

Henry W Jones

Sharkey said:
You misread.

Too bad you didn't win a muzzle. Or something to cover up that bad horrible attitude with.

Sharkey

Already have a dog muzzle. It was for my good buddy Snigger but he died. Poor guy never had a chance.

Montana smith you should post pix of your DVD sitting on top of your hat. One from the front, one from the side and one without the DVD so we get a good look at whats going on.

Make sure ya dont set it up in front of family photos if they look like circus freaks. If you cant move the setup, cover the photos with a leather jacket and khaki trousers.