TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Gear and Props
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: What Indy jacket do you own?
Wested 32 56.14%
Todd's Costumes 11 19.30%
Steele and Jones 3 5.26%
Bill Kelso 0 0%
Other (post about it below) 11 19.30%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #476
Drones33
IndyFan

The current Collection

Clockwise from the top; Cockpit A2 in heavy duty lamb. Not an Indy jacket obviously, but very traditional; Wested ToD in brown lambskin with custom black lining; Wested custom Raiders in goat, with Hero pockets and zip; custom LC in dark brown novapelle.
Drones33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:22 PM   #477
Glenville86
IndyFan

Nice collection. I have a US Wings goat A2 and a couple different grades of
HH A2 jackets from them as well. Since I usually wear the Indy jackets, the A2 ones just sit in the closet.......
Glenville86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:46 AM   #478
dakota
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drones33

Clockwise from the top; Cockpit A2 in heavy duty lamb. Not an Indy jacket obviously, but very traditional; Wested ToD in brown lambskin with custom black lining; Wested custom Raiders in goat, with Hero pockets and zip; custom LC in dark brown novapelle.

Very nice indeed, I currently own only two Wested Indy jackets, a Hero in shrunken lamb and a custom Raiders in dark brown novapelle.

My other leather jackets are four USAAF A2s in horsehide, one USN M-422a and six USN G1s all in goatskin.
dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:42 AM   #479
Drones33
IndyFan

Sounds like quite a collection you have there Dakota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenville86
Nice collection. I have a US Wings goat A2 and a couple different grades of
HH A2 jackets from them as well. Since I usually wear the Indy jackets, the A2 ones just sit in the closet.......

Yeah, my A2 is the one I wear least often, mainly because it's not only really thick and heavy but has a quilted lining too, so only comes out when the weather is freezing.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:17 AM   #480
Major West
IndyFan

My medium weight jacket arrived. Hero jacket in Brown Cowhide. Click on the link to see:

https://imgur.com/a/rZtVy

I really like it. The colour is very similar to the Authentic lamb, but it has more of grain on it. It's thicker of course, soft enough to not be stiff, and doesn't feel too heavy. It feels good wearing it, very comfortable, as a jacket I feel like I'm wearing a jacket so to speak. I've only worn it a day and not done anything but lightly spray the collar with water before I went out, just to bend the collar a bit and a quick spray on the arms. Probaby all I'm going to do at this stage. As I will wear this for most of the winter. Definitely gives a warm and insulating feel. I was sweating yesterday and only had a shirt on underneath.
Major West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #481
Drones33
IndyFan

Looks great, very substantial . Really like that grain.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:36 PM   #482
Major West
IndyFan

Thanks, Yeah I like it. Had a few looks wearing it. Good leather that holds the jacket pattern well.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #483
Glenville86
IndyFan

Really like the looks of that leather.
Glenville86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:47 AM   #484
Major West
IndyFan

I like that it's a bit more substantial than the lamb, but still looks like it can go with the gear. I wouldn't mind having a ToD in this hide as well.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:10 AM   #485
Blackadder
IndyFan

Was thinking of Raiders in horse hide for the winter time, but this looks good also.
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:20 AM   #486
emtiem
IndyFan

Just found this thread; I thought I'd post my ebay purchase. I think it's a Raiders in pre-distressed. Here's some shots of it before and about three days after a Pecards (I thought it was a little too light before so I'm glad it's darkened down a little):

ebay picture hosting

Will the shininess ease in time, you think?
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:18 AM   #487
Drones33
IndyFan

Looks great after the Pecards treatment, really nice natural brown. As for the shine, it may diminish in certain areas over time, and increase in others. That's the beauty of a leather jacket I think, each one is unique. That said, I don't think yours looks particularly shiny to begin with. Not quite matte, but certainly not high shine. Somewhere nicely in between. Definitely a keeper.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:04 AM   #488
Major West
IndyFan

Wested are back in full swing after the sad passing of Peter and have annouced they plan to release a Hero Last Crusade jacket in the coming weeks dedicated to him. They've also announced their new leather (that Peter was excited about just before he passed), New Zealand Washed lambskin, that they hope people will be enthusiastic about. Basically this is what the Raiders jacket was made from, or the equivalent in 1980. I've actually just had a jacket made from it and it's great.

Pic: https://imgur.com/a/S0AVP