Should EVERY movie be done in a Chris Nolan style?

kongisking

Spurlock said:
Oh come on, Abrams has, in my opinion, done a great job at modernizing the franchise. And nothing can be worse than anything after and including A Voyage Home.

But back on topic, if Star Trek isn't your thing, I'd consider Skyfall. With almost no humor and well done characters, it could be considered the Nolanesque version of Bond. Not to mention that the movie was a huge success, critically and financially, bringing in over a billion dollars and an Oscar or two (I think?). With a well acted, intriguing and devious villain, it could be argued that Silva was Bond's Ledger's Joker. Showing that a franchise that used be not be taken very seriously can, through "Nolan, can reinvent itself.

No, I really meant it. I too think Abrams' Trek movies are highly entertaining and impressively done updates of the concept. I was just poking fun at the laughably irrational hatred he and his movies get from the vast majority of the Internet.

And hoo boy, Skyfall...now there's a hell of a movie. My favorite Bond film I've seen. Glad to see you liked that one as well.

Oh, and Raiders112390? Calling people that like Nolan's work 'cultists' and putting them in the same boat as a psychopathic gang group is not only stupid, but also stupid. Oh, and a good bit stupid as well. With a dash of stupid too.

Last edited:

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Photoshop?

animated-gifs-the-joker-1971583-400-233.gif

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif

Catwoman is said to be struggling to convince child welfare support that Jack Napier was a previous love interest. As if it isn't obvious for all to see.

Montana Smith

Gekkos Big Baws said:
Catwoman is said to be struggling to convince child welfare support that Jack Napier was a previous love interest. As if it isn't obvious for all to see.

Things could have easily turned out differently:

1000x500px-LL-99260619_julie-newmar_catwoman-133.jpg

63-65 days later:

batcat.jpg

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
Smiffy, knock it off. I don't want adorable results from inter-species relationships!

:)

Don't worry. Since this wasn't in the Nolan style they wouldn't actually have done anything naughty.

Batman might have felt a strange stirring in his utility belt, but as soon as Catwoman served him his warm cocoa he'd have been fast asleep. :sleep:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Don't worry. Since this wasn't in the Nolan style they wouldn't actually have done anything naughty.

Hold on a second...you found something in a Nolan film to indicate that his characters have libidos?

(And come on, gang, back on topic.)

Montana Smith

Here's AMC's answer:

Now That He’s Saved the Batman Franchise, Christopher Nolan Should Rescue…

Indiana Jones

As much as everyone likes to pretend The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull never happened, it did, and Nolan could be the guy to give the series the ending it deserves. Nolan might be able to usher in a new era — similar to that of post-Sean Connery Bond — with a more complex Jones who unearths inner and outer demons in exotic locales. Imagine someone like Christian Bale as a darker, meaner Jones tormented by his relationship with his father and taking it out on some Nazis.

http://blogs.amctv.com/movie-blog/2011/07/franchises-that-could-use-christopher-nolans-help/

I'm currently in talks with my mate, Chris. He's getting really excited about the project. So far this is what we've got:

Belloq will have a Glasgow grin, and several possible interpretations of just how he got those scars. Maybe Young Indy stabbed him once or twice with a fountain pen after discovering who stole his college work?

A few years later Henry Jones Jr. is trained in Nepal by a master ninja, Abner Ravenwood, in the art of walking very softly.

Years later again, less-than-millionaire playboy Jones is working as a school teacher by day, and beating the Great Depression by night, using the alias 'Indiana Jones' to burgle the homes of wealthy collectors and steal valuable artifacts.

A bank robbery and some cross-dressing later, Belloq will threaten to blow up a ferry load of stolen artifacts, forcing Indiana to change his view of the world and fight for good.