Captain America: Civil War

kongisking

jsarino said:
I figure I'd start a thread on any news on Captain America, whether it be related to the Avengers, or on the stand-alones. :)

News came out that Robert Downey Jr. will be in Captain America 3: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/34272/the-impact-of-downey-jr-in-captain-3

The article of course will reveal more on what the proposed storyline may be about. Thoughts on this?

Thoughts on this?

UfsKJ.gif

Le Saboteur

Another re-title is in order now that Civil War has been confirmed.

My initial thoughts: I would have rather not known. I still think it's odd that we live in a day-and-age when a studio holds a press conference to announce their five-year plan, and a not so small corner of the 'net goes apespit. Solo outings are fine and dandy but the team-ups are major, major points in the general lore and should be something of a surprise. I can almost guess how *every* movie is going to subsequently unfold in relation to the tentpoles, and I don't like that.

06c1.gif

And while not specifically Captain America related, I am quite looking forward to Agent Carter.

TheFedora

Well, in this case Marvel was slightly competing with DC, which had already announced a five-year plan. And I am of the mind that Civil war should have been separated from captain america in any event to get its own movie.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Avengers 2.5 is not as fun as Ant-Man, but meets expectations. Destined to be the top film of 2016 except for maybe Finding Dory or Rogue One. But Feige fatigue is setting in. Nine films to go. (Stay out, Marvel Television.) Maybe wait three years and binge?