DVD Set vs Blu Ray Set - Special Features?

DoomsdayFAN

Are there any extra special features on the blu ray set that the DVD set doesn't have? I currently own the DVD set of the OT (and BD of KOTCS) but I was wondering if I needed to upgrade? I love special features and if the BD set has more, maybe I'll pick it up. If not, I probably wont bother (unless the picture quality and sound are tremendously better).

I have this:
51Y9N6Q32TL.jpg

vs

But do I need this?:
12-06-26-indiana_jones_box_art-e1340766680951-533x670.jpg

Attila the Professor

Staff member
This thread here contains a lot of info on the Blu-Ray set, which is likely worth combing over, and possibly also suitable for posing your question again, as I suspect some contributors might be subscribed to the thread.

Moedred has put together a rundown on the specs of the most recent DVD set which can be compared to a similar rundown on the Blu-Ray set, which may help as well.

DoomsdayFAN

Attila the Professor said:
This thread here contains a lot of info on the Blu-Ray set, which is likely worth combing over, and possibly also suitable for posing your question again, as I suspect some contributors might be subscribed to the thread.

Moedred has put together a rundown on the specs of the most recent DVD set which can be compared to a similar rundown on the Blu-Ray set, which may help as well.

Thank you, I'll give it a shot. I tried searching for threads but the search function kept saying it was broken.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
DoomsdayFAN said:
Thank you, I'll give it a shot. I tried searching for threads but the search function kept saying it was broken.

Yeah, that's an occasional problem. Here's a workaround, for the time being.

For the record, I've been holding on the Blu-Ray set, especially with a fifth on the way.

DoomsdayFAN

Attila the Professor said:
For the record, I've been holding on the Blu-Ray set, especially with a fifth on the way.

Just thought about this...... do you think once the fifth film drops we'll get an official 4K release of the OT? Although I haven't upgraded to anything 4K yet, maybe by mid-2019 it will have caught on a lot more. IDK. I really doubt I'll need a new TV by then, but dammit, if the potential 4K release is really spectacular looking, I might just go for it.

Last edited:

Stoo

DoomsdayFAN said:
Just thought about this...... do you think once the fifth film drops we'll get an official 4K release of the OT?
Six days ago in this thread:
The Last Crusade in 4K?

...you wrote that "you can almost certainly count on it happening" so it's puzzling as to why you're asking the question here.