Bye bye Tyler nelson ( I guess)

sarah navarro

BUSTED!!
The scene thats getting cut out sounded interesting to me.Just to say it would of been better if this kid didnt tell the whole plot to everyone,I could of lived without it..............................actually im kind of disapointed.:whip:

Garrett

umm... guys, this is the NY Post we're talking about here. I could have dropped out of school in the 6th grade, and I still would be too overqualified to write for the Post. I wouldn't be surprised if they did their news reporting here on the raven.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Actually Nelson's spoilers made me feel better about the film. Don't why exactly, but it just does. However he got what he deserved for breaching contract. I would hate that if that ever happened to me. People have breached contracts with me in the past and just because I'm a student, they get away with it.

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
All I needed to hear to reassure me that the Kingdom of the Skull is a complete farce.

Are you saying that the whole skull storyline is fake or that the whole film is a fiasco?

No Ticket

Joe Brody said:
Are you saying that the whole skull storyline is fake or that the whole film is a fiasco?

Yeah I'm confused on that statement as well... but anyway, those spoilers made me feel slightly less excited about the movie for some reason.

Bjorn Heimdall

So some random extra spilled some details... of course they have to kick him out! They have to make an example of him, otherwise more will follow.

Professor Jones

No Ticket said:
Yeah I'm confused on that statement as well... but anyway, those spoilers made me feel slightly less excited about the movie for some reason.

Me too... except the russian ballet scene intrigued me a lot.

commontone

I think a lot of scenes in the Indy films, if taken out of context and presented a certain way, would sound kind of lame.

"Indy and his father are tied up in chairs when one accidentally drops a lighter and starts a fire -- they have to escape the room before they burn!"

"Indy and Short Round find themselves in a round room, and they bump a secret switch -- then SPIKES come out of the floor and ceiling and the ceiling starts dropping!"

"Indy has a date in his hand and almost eats it a few times -- then they notice the MONKEY is dead, and realize the dates must be POISONED!"

(Insert spoiler snippet from Indy 4 here)

Hopefully you see my point...all these little spoilers like those from Tyler Nelson, taken on their own, can sound boring or cheesy. It's pretty hard, but I'm really trying to hold off judgment on any of them.

Last edited:

commontone

Sorry, I saw the "Tyler Nelson" heading--and some other posters have already mentioned specific spoilers here (jeeze, yell at them too!) so that didn't really click...

Zorg

ClintonHammond said:
"Director Steven Spielberg and producer George Lucas"
Fudge the both of them... right up their back doors....

This movie is gonna suck... all Tyler Nelson did was let the world know that before it premiered.....

I say, "Good Job, to him!"

Here he goes again. (n) This penchant of yours to shout out your so-called truths about this film is getting ridiculous. And by the way, everyone here (and I guess even our grandmothers) already know what you think of Indy IV. Give it a break already, CH. We're all sicked and tired about that here.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Joe Brody said:

It's is my "christian" faith that all of this has been a red herring. The crystal skull storyline (as we have it) is so not the stuff of 1930's serials. It's tired, doldrum and listless. I still believe in the capacity of the beards to recreate the madness and connectivity of THE BEAST and use that sort of medium to promote the film, and tie it to a "treasure" hunt.

If the storyline is real, as Mr. Moviephone will say: "I'm out"

commontone

The Ark, Grail and Sankara Stones all had supernatural powers that were important to the storyline.

Are we forgetting that the crystal skull will have something similar? People here (and in other threads) are talking as if it's "just" a crystal skull that Indy wants for the museum or something, like the Cross of Coronado. It's not a museum trinket like the minor opening artifacts in the other films--there's gonna be a larger context for this thing. It's hard to judge it whatsoever until we know what that context is.

Still, even with no powers attached to it, it's a lot cooler than some eggplant-shaped rocks; I'll give it that.

"We're all sicked and tired about that here."
Don't go away mad....

"I still believe in the capacity of the beards to recreate the madness and connectivity of THE BEAST and use that sort of medium to promote the film"
Wow.... Really? I think you give them WAY too much credit....

Pale Horse

Staff member
ClintonHammond said:
Wow.... Really? I think you give them WAY too much credit....

Comeon now, you know I operate on faith. Does my stance really surprise you?

Trul, they can only produce what they work with. If they were duped by the screenwriter, then......well....bummer.

No Ticket

Pale Horse said:
It's is my "christian" faith that all of this has been a red herring. The crystal skull storyline (as we have it) is so not the stuff of 1930's serials. It's tired, doldrum and listless. I still believe in the capacity of the beards to recreate the madness and connectivity of THE BEAST and use that sort of medium to promote the film, and tie it to a "treasure" hunt.

Well that $20 they charged me for the Crystal Skull t-shirt at starwarsshop.com sure was real.

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:

Seriously, I have all kinds of respect of you and your faith -- but man, the pictures (even the somewhat incredibly coincidental Russkie satellite pics) do not lie. Spielberg is full of crap about there not being meat on the bone of the action-adventure genre, so I admit you may be right but there is not enough in the leaked content to make a believer out of me.

EDIT: Plus have I bothered to mention that the cast is white and boring?

No Ticket said:
Well that $20 they charged me for the Crystal Skull t-shirt at starwarsshop.com sure was real.

That was a great and incredibly apt and appropriate post.

Last edited: