TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 10-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
Stoo
IndyFan

Sasha Spielberg in Diner Scene

One of Spielberg's kids is in "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"! Sasha Spielberg is listed in the credits as "Slugger".
Without a doubt, she is the girlfriend of Joe College:

Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
sandiegojones
IndyFan

Yeah, I noticed that in the theater.
sandiegojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
YouNeverKnow
IndyFan

She was really distracting the later times I saw the movie. In fact that whole table gets really annoying and I know that's not what I should have been paying attention to but it's what I did. Specifically the sweatered dude. His acting is too over the top and you can tell they weren't really having a conversation. I dunno. It's not that big a deal except that the shot keeps them in focus the whole time and you know it was to get Ms. Spielberg in the shot.
YouNeverKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Fox.

Highlight of the movie.
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

Since she's also the daughter of Kate Capshaw, she could be Indy's lost daughter!

Just think of the coincidence! Indy and his lost son and daughter from different mothers in the same room!

Last edited by Forbidden Eye : 10-22-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
caats
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Eye
Since she's also the daughter of Kate Capshaw, she could be Indy's lost daughter!

Just think of the irony! Indy and his lost son and daughter from different mothers in the same room!

haha awesome
caats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #7
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:

Dude, keep it on the D.L.. Spielberg shouldn't find out this way...
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
Kyle
IndyFan

Ha...there's a story line for ya

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:49 PM   #9
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Good to hear the Spielberg clan had a blast making the film. That's what the film was all about, right? Forget about quality film making. It's all good times, old friends and family.

Everything you need to know in life you learn in Kindergarten. Whoever owns the ball, gets to make the rules.
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:10 PM   #10
caats
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Brody
Good to hear the Spielberg clan had a blast making the film. That's what the film was all about, right? Forget about quality film making. It's all good times, old friends and family.

Everything you need to know in life you learn in Kindergarten. Whoever owns the ball, gets to make the rules.

yaawwwn
Old 10-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #11
Goodsport
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
One of Spielberg's kids is in "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull"! Sasha Spielberg is listed in the credits as "Slugger".
Without a doubt, she is the girlfriend of Joe College:

She was born a year after I graduated high school (Sasha herself, not her character in the film) and now she's a grown woman... damn, I'm old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
The look on Indy's face, particularly in the second pic.

-G
Goodsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:02 AM   #12
Benraianajones
IndyFan

I didn't realise it was his daughter in the movie, I remember seeing her and thinking "Some extras are so lucky, I wonder how they managed to land a part in Indy!" ...by her dad I guess! I like when Mutt dips his comb in the drink, and she pulls a face.

So she is Kate's daughter? Strange knowing "Willie/Kate" is "in" the movie in a way. (Along side Willies photograph!)
Benraianajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #13
sandiegojones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benraianajones
I didn't realise it was his daughter in the movie, I remember seeing her and thinking "Some extras are so lucky, I wonder how they managed to land a part in Indy!" ...by her dad I guess! I like when Mutt dips his comb in the drink, and she pulls a face.

So she is Kate's daughter? Strange knowing "Willie/Kate" is "in" the movie in a way. (Along side Willies photograph!)
Yeah, she's 18 and she's SS and Kapshaw's first daughter.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #14
Niteshade007
IndyFan

Quote:

I wasn't wowed by the film either, but his daughter having a small part in the movie didn't ruin it for me, especially considering I didn't find out until this was posted.

Now, had Sasha been cast in a leading role, I could definitely see the argument.
Niteshade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #15
sandiegojones
IndyFan

Lucas gave all of his kids little cameos in the SW prequels. None of them were distracting.

Coppola on the other hand....
Old 10-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #16
Vance
IndyFan

Quote:

Just think of the coincidence! Indy and his lost son and daughter from different mothers in the same room!

You realize how much of a double-take I just did when doing the math that Cate and Steven's daughter would be that old now? ... damn.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #17
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteshade007
I wasn't wowed by the film either, but his daughter having a small part in the movie didn't ruin it for me, especially considering I didn't find out until this was posted.

Now, had Sasha been cast in a leading role, I could definitely see the argument.

I didn't like the movie, but I liked the scene she was in. She was funny for all of her 4 seconds of screen time.

And, you know, hot.
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #18
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegojones
Lucas gave all of his kids little cameos in the SW prequels. None of them were distracting.

Coppola on the other hand....

But to Ms. Coppola's credit -- she works to make an engaging film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteshade007

I totally agree. However, I take the family presence -- coupled with Frank Marshal's comments (about Indy films being like a family get together) -- as evidence that the making of an Indiana Jones movie is no longer about making a quality film. For Spielberg, Kennedy, Marshall and Lucas -- making an Indy film means a time to relax, kick the brain in neutral, and escape the rigors of normal filmaking.

Last edited by Joe Brody : 10-23-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #19
Kingsley
IndyFan

Quote:
I totally agree. However, I take the family presence -- coupled with Frank Marshal's comments (about Indy films being like a family get together) -- as evidence that the making of an Indiana Jones movie is no longer about making a quality film. For Spielberg, Kennedy, Marshall and Lucas -- making an Indy film means a time to relax, kick the brain in neutral, and escape the rigors of normal filmaking.
I agree. But even in neutral they could make a better movie than Kotcs.
The sad thing is that they don't care about the quality of the script either.
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #20
caats
IndyFan

these have to be the dumbest leaps of logic i've read on this board.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:58 AM   #21
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

Quote:

So having the director's daughter in the movie simply equals a lack of quality filmmaking? Your just talking pure nonsense now.

By this account, Rocky isn't a high-quality movie as Stallone had his brother and father appear in the movie. And Scorsese must be a lousy filmmaker as well, why couldn't he bother to cast older extras instead of casting his parents in "Goodfellas". The list goes on.

I don't see anything vastly wrong with casting family members, especially when they're basically small cameos. Isn't that what filmmaking about? Expressing your personal self and experiences onto film?

Last edited by Forbidden Eye : 10-24-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #22
Indy's brother
IndyFan

That scene was distracting to me from the first time I saw it. Indy and Mutt frame her "cameo" as if there is something that I as the viewer need to see. Maybe if Ford didn't deliver this lines in that scene like he was about to fall asleep, it wouldn't have stood out so much. Now that we know the reason the shot was set up this way, it bothers me a little less since I'm no longer wondering why the attention is being slightly diverted; but now I see this as less of a scene about the back story of the skull, and more like it's the, "Here's that Steven's Daughter scene."
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #23
jonesissparrow
IndyFan

Am I the only one who thought it wasn't it big deal and the fact she was incredibly hot!
jonesissparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #24
sandiegojones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesissparrow
Am I the only one who thought it wasn't it big deal and the fact she was incredibly hot!
No. It's not a big deal and it has no bearing on the quality of the film either. 99.99% of the film audience would not have noticed (I didn't realize it until the 3rd viewing).

If one does think it's a distraction then think of it this way....that's Willie Scott's daughter!
Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #25
Attila the Professor

Quote:
I don't see anything vastly wrong with casting family members, especially when they're basically small cameos. Isn't that what filmmaking about? Expressing your personal self and experiences onto film?

No, not really. Art isn't supposed to be a some sort of wellness spa or therapy session.

And there's nothing intrinsically wrong with it, no, but when there was already commentary about how it was such a good time to make it and how it was "for the fans," you can't help but get the impression that their aims weren't as high as they might have been, and there wasn't as much seriousness of purpose as there ought to have been.

I spend a lot of time directing plays. I also very much enjoy the people I work with. But that's not why I work with them, and while the bits of downtime there are are one thing, once a rehearsal starts, there's a real level of seriousness that's required. And I'm not doing avant-garde stuff either - Glengarry Glen Ross, 12 Angry Men - they're fun plays, including substantial comedy. But they're also deeply serious. And you are doing a discredit to the work and to your audience if you undertake carelessly, and if you ever make any decisions purely for your own enjoyment. You've got to create a coherent piece, and that can be your only goal.

I enjoyed the fourth film. It had a lot of good stuff in it, but there was a much better film struggling to get out. There were those moments that were dreck, that were careless, that should have had 15 minutes where they said, "do we really think this is the right moment? Does this feel real enough? Does this fit into the world we've created?"

No, having the director's daughter in there doesn't bother me, as a single thing. But it's indicative of an entire approach that bothers me.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote