Hasbro Figures' Availability Time?

The Golden Idol

This may be a bit off-topic, but for how long (approximately) do Hasbro's 3 3/4" figures stay in stores? I just want to know for how long the currently available 3 3/4" Indiana Jones figures will be in stores.

Hard to say but judging from the overstocked pegs at Walmart probably for months but knowing Target they'll prolly mark them down on clearance in a matter of weeks.

The Golden Idol

Agent Spalko said:
Hard to say but judging from the overstocked pegs at Walmart probably for months but knowing Target they'll prolly mark them down on clearance in a matter of weeks.

Thanks, but from prior knowledge of Hasbro Star Wars figure lines, does anyone know how long the Indy figures will be available in stores everywhere?

deckard24

Agent Spalko said:
I'm waiting for the clearance sale myself! It's always kind of comical that we collectors will run around snatching up every figure possible, spending the full store prices, and then end up going to a store several months later and seeing them all there in the buy 1 get 1 bin!

I know certain figures have remained elusive to people, but even those ones seem to be popping up when the stores restock their shelves.
I'm curious what figures are you guys having the hardest time finding?

deckard24

The cemetray warrior I keep seeing, but the Ugha warrior, Spalko, and Marion are pretty scarce. What I've found is KMart has all of the first wave with lots of Sallahs, Belloqs, Cairo Swordsmen, etc.., but Toys R Us and Target seem to have more of the KOTCS wave. Walmart is mixed!

I've found all of one Ugha warrior, it's the only one that I haven't been able to pick up so I can open it. I've seen a few Spalkos and most of the other ones around. I saw 3-4 of the cemetery warriors today.

Katarn07

I've seen two Russian Soldiers, two Ughas, two Spalkos, three or four Marions at once but none since, and I have yet to find the Cemetary Warrior myself. My dad got one a week or so ago but I myself have yet to see him anywhere. If and when they're clearanced, I'll get some more Nazis.

The Golden Idol

Woah, this is getting WAY off-topic!

Can someone please answer this question?

The Golden Idol said:
Thanks, but from prior knowledge of Hasbro Star Wars figure lines, does anyone know how long the Indy figures will be available in stores everywhere?

What kind of an answer are you expecting? As if Hasbro or anybody has a definitive answer to that question. In all likelihood it will be months. They are not going to warm the pegs forever because retailers need to make room for new product. Best guess is that waves 1 and 2 will start to disappear by fall as retailers make room for Christmas merchandise and send back unsold product to Hasbro for return credit.

The Golden Idol

Agent Spalko said:
What kind of an answer are you expecting? As if Hasbro or anybody has a definitive answer to that question. In all likelihood it will be months. They are not going to warm the pegs forever because retailers need to make room for new product. Best guess is that waves 1 and 2 will start to disappear by fall as retailers make room for Christmas merchandise and send back unsold product to Hasbro for return credit.

OK, thanks; that's all I wanted. :)

FETT1

..try living up here in WESTERN CANADA (EDMONTON,ALBERTA)...the INDY stuff is getting to be non-existant!!:mad: ...ugh!:eek:

FETT1

Billy Ray

The Golden Idol said:
Woah, this is getting WAY off-topic!

Can someone please answer this question?

No offense, but your question is a little vague. Do you mean "How long will Hasbro be producing Indy figures?", "How long will stores carry the line?", or "How long will it take for what is currently on the pegs to sell through?".

Hasbro has stated that they have long term plans for the line. We know there are new figures (TLC and TOD) figures coming this year and more coming next year.

The Golden Idol

Billy Ray said:
No offense, but your question is a little vague. Do you mean "How long will Hasbro be producing Indy figures?", "How long will stores carry the line?", or "How long will it take for what is currently on the pegs to sell through?".

Hasbro has stated that they have long term plans for the line. We know there are new figures (TLC and TOD) figures coming this year and more coming next year.

No, I was asking how long the figure waves that are currently available will be in stores (being occasionally restocked and readily available for purchase). So the two waves that are already out should be available in stores until fall, am I right?

thelaw

blueoakleyz said:
Most of the current figures will be released over and over in refresher waves all year

Exactly. Almost all of the figures will be coming in and out of the line even as new figures are released. EntertainmentEarth is a very useful resource for determining which figures are coming in which cases (Wave 3, the Last Crusade wave, has several Wave 1 and 2 figures in various case-breakdowns). Possibly, if the packaging changes at some point in the future, we could finally see the end run of some of the older figures.

Of course, as we Star Wars fans know, some figures can be seen still hanging on the pegs 3 or 4 years after they were released.

Basically, it's up to the individual as to how long he or she wants to wait. If you see a particular figure becoming scarce and you want it, then go ahead and pick it up!

"Bellosh"

Bigger, Better Question

The bigger, better question is (understanding that Hasbro has a confirmed "long-term" license) how long will THE LINE be in stores???? Through 2009 or 2010? I'm seeing a lot of it out there now, but it seems to be turning over and restocking often. The hardest figures in STL are Cemetary Warrior, Marion and Russian Soldier...Spalko can't be packed 1 in every 5 cases as someone on ebay wrote...she's too common, though not abundant...I think with a good variety of 2009 figures/vehicles (bring on the planes!!!!), the line can have staying power beyond...but not beyond 2010 unless a fifth movie is confirmed.

Billy Ray

Bellosh said:
The bigger, better question is (understanding that Hasbro has a confirmed "long-term" license) how long will THE LINE be in stores???? Through 2009 or 2010? I'm seeing a lot of it out there now, but it seems to be turning over and restocking often. The hardest figures in STL are Cemetary Warrior, Marion and Russian Soldier...Spalko can't be packed 1 in every 5 cases as someone on ebay wrote...she's too common, though not abundant...I think with a good variety of 2009 figures/vehicles (bring on the planes!!!!), the line can have staying power beyond...but not beyond 2010 unless a fifth movie is confirmed.

According to the case break downs Spalko is 1 per case in only one assortment, but you are right...I have noticed quite a few on the pegs in my neck of the woods lately too. Marion is also only one per case in one assortment but she is hard to come by. Of course, she was in wave 1, so maybe those cases aren't shipping out as much any more.

thelaw

Billy Ray said:
According to the case break downs Spalko is 1 per case in only one assortment, but you are right...I have noticed quite a few on the pegs in my neck of the woods lately too. Marion is also only one per case in one assortment but she is hard to come by. Of course, she was in wave 1, so maybe those cases aren't shipping out as much any more.

The Wave 2 cases are definitely showing up in greater numbers. I've seen pallets full of them at Wal-mart (even when the pegs are completely full!). Haven't seen the Wave 1 cases in a while, though.