It's May 1st, where are the Indy toys?

tnswman

Indy Black said:
Wal-mart was picked clean of anything decent, they had 9 zillion(I estimate) action heros(or whatever the tiny figures are called) and a few million Mutts.

One of which I "rescued" and brought home(y) Mutt and his giant green pet snake....I shall name him Squishy and he shall be my Squishy(the snake not Mutt).

No 12 inch, no delux and no books of any kind; that's the most frustrating part as I want to start collecting the related books.

Oh they did have the Lego's stocked but that's not my thing, 900 + bricks on that temple is my version of Hell.:dead:

Lol Indianapolis Johns makes me think of Pimp My Ride.:whip:

Dude, I'm 33 and have 2 degrees and it took me about 500 hours to buld the Motorcycle set LOL!! I finally managed to build the Jungle cutter and I was sure that I would win the Nobel peace prize for my work towards humanity.

Arab Swordsman

MolaRam1968 said:
...Still missing from Targets in the Philadelphia, PA area.

They had them at the Target in Exton yesterday. I've been bugging that store for weeks. I picked up the Indy Game of Life at that store. I'm not sure if you're close to Exton or not.

Arab Swordsman

tnswman said:
Dude, I'm 33 and have 2 degrees and it took me about 500 hours to buld the Motorcycle set LOL!! I finally managed to build the Jungle cutter and I was sure that I would win the Nobel peace prize for my work towards humanity.

I spent all weekend putting all 4 of the KOTCS sets together. The Akator Temple was almost thrown across the room twice in frustration. You need to be an engineer to put some of them together correctly!

GeorgeL

Target has been blowing. The people dont want to help and dont even know who or what indiana jones is...

One guy the other day said we dont have any "indian" figures.

He needed a good :whip: in the @ss!

tnswman

GeorgeL said:
Target has been blowing. The people dont want to help and dont even know who or what indiana jones is...

One guy the other day said we dont have any "indian" figures.

He needed a good :whip: in the @ss!

A LOT of the local targets just handed cases over to people on may 1st,, Only Deluxe sets made the shelves here.

TRU and Wal-MArts are like Indy Malls LOL!

tnswman

Arab Swordsman said:
I spent all weekend putting all 4 of the KOTCS sets together. The Akator Temple was almost thrown across the room twice in frustration. You need to be an engineer to put some of them together correctly!

I'm right with you Brother...That and the d@mn Jungle cutter could cause a man to commit murder.

bonoferox

Went back to TRU on my lunch and not only were 3.75" figures down to about nothing, but out of the entire huge wall of Hulk, IM, Narnia and DK, three little kids were sitting in front of the IJ figures with excitement on their faces.
I wanted a picture incredibly bad but the dad was standing close by and may have thought I was a pedophile or something had I pulled out my phone cam.

GeorgeL

I wanted a picture incredibly bad but the dad was standing close by and may have thought I was a pedophile or something had I pulled out my phone cam.

LOL. I hear ya. Gotta be careful these days. That would have been a great picture to share on the board though. Its great to see the kids all gitty over indy isnt it? My 4 kids are going indy bonkers. They cant wait to see KOTCS! Their newest thing is to run around saying "throw me the idol and I'll throw you the whip". I take photos of my kids all the time in the toy store. I wish my parents did for me back in the 70s and 80s. Plenty of me and my toys at home but nothing in the mall or toy stores.

I went back to walmart that I scored the 3.75 inchers at this morning and the 12" figs were out. Got the Cairo swdsman. All the HTF figs are in my collection now. Now bring on the Last Crusade!

The Tingler

As I may have reported earlier, all the Lego sets including the Indy IV sets, are available in Toys R Us in the UK, as were those crappy 'Adventure Heroes' things.

However, the really interesting ones - the proper Action Figures - should be available soon. Apparently my 'Indy With Jacket' (erroneously called 'Temple of Doom Indy' despite holding the Raiders Idol) is on its way to me! Hooray!

Ignatius Stone

The action figures are already out in all the UK branches of TRU I've been in for the last week or so.
They're also out in Woolworths, along with the Indy Top Trumps deck and exclusive booster pack.(y)

ChromiumBlue37

bonoferox said:
Went back to TRU on my lunch and not only were 3.75" figures down to about nothing, but out of the entire huge wall of Hulk, IM, Narnia and DK, three little kids were sitting in front of the IJ figures with excitement on their faces.

Ha! I actually snapped pictures of the displays at a few Target stores with my digital camera. When I left the house at 5:30 AM, I was a half mile away and realised I wanted to have my camera on me for the BIG DAY!

At TRU, I got told by the manager that I was breaking the rules. Still got 2 sweet pics of thier displays from May 1st. Will post later tonight.

Agent Z

Only because I was driving by them already, I stopped by a Target and Super Wal-Mart. Both had very little Indy on the shelves but, frustratingly enough, a lot of pegs with item stickers where Indy should be. I know they aren't selling them that fast....they probably had stock in the back that they are sitting on. Ironically enough, Target only had one Raiders Lego set, but they had the Lego Temple escape set on display in a cool little glass case, complete with flashing lights. Really weird to have this cool showcase out there for stuff you aren't selling.

I already sent in my online orders, so I can still wait for those to come in.

The day wasn't a total bust though. I stopped by Ballbuster on the way home and they had the Indy stuff out. I picked up the tumbler set (and damn they are nice and heavy!), along with Indy/Mutt popcorn boxes. :p

The Tingler

Ignatius Stone said:
The action figures are already out in all the UK branches of TRU I've been in for the last week or so.
They're also out in Woolworths, along with the Indy Top Trumps deck and exclusive booster pack.(y)

The full-on proper action figures?!

Way of the dodo

Which Indy is that linked above? "Indy with jacket/aka Temple of Doom"?
I don't recognize it. (it doesn't have the giant holster the regular Raiders Indy has)

I went in search of my last figures tonight. I went to the local large Target, the one I had to ask if they had anything in the back. It's the 6th and there was still nothing out! I asked and the guy working said they had nothing. That means it's still in the back as there was no shelf space.

Then I went to TRU and got the last of the adventure heros and the DVD game. I"m not only missing the Cemetery warrior and the board games. And those stupid big head things that I still haven't seen, and I'm not sure I want.

QBComics

Still nothing except LEGOs (which I have all but one). I go check 5 days after stuff is supposed to come out and I get nothing! (n)