General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Salacious

herr gruber said:
Raiders March kicks in.
Fade in to a pair of Aldens.
Camera pans slowly up past the desert trousers.
Camera continues panning up past the gun and whip.
Pan continues up the shirt and leather jacket.
Camera reveals a cocky, smirking Shia.
He puts on the fedora and winks at the camera.
Fade out.

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Forrestal1972

nitzsche said:
Forrestal1972, people were slinging major insults my way, friend. I am happy to allow them to share their opinions about Indy, but if they want to get in my face personally, then I'll stand up to it in kind.

The Indy franchise is never going to be tarnished. A spin-off series probably won't have the same impact as the Indy movies, but it would be nice to give this generation a taste of something we had growing up - the same style, same heart and energy as the Indy flicks.

I'm a huge Indy fan. The Indy films influenced my education, my profession, my marriage... and now they play a part in my family with my kids.

But I'm not going to be so selfish to tell my son Mutt Williams is stupid when I know he is excited to see this movie, when Mutt Williams could be a character my son admires as much as I admire the Indy character. It's selfish and arrogant.

My dad didn't take me to the Indy movies and tell me how Indy was lame and Bogart in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre was much better. My 67 year old dad is just as excited to go see "ol Harrison" do it one more time and I'm absolutely elated to be able to take my son along too.

Maybe in a few years, I'll be sitting in a theatre watching Mutt Williams with my boys and feeling pretty damn good about it. Maybe it'll never happen, but either way, I've got Indiana Jones and the impact that series has had on three generations of my family.

So I know all about how important this is to people.
Well said! I hope your son enjoys KOTCS. I'm going to the midnight show in Dublin and sad as I am, I've got my Wested Raiders jacket ready. Lets everyone just enjoy this movie. There will be plenty of time to rant or rave about possible future movies in the months and years to come.

JerryKing

This has been said for a while - how accurate it seems to have been now... :D

16_shialabinks_lgl.jpg

Stoo

Agent Spalko said:
Smokey and the Bandit 3!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you know that the original idea for that was to have Gleason resuming his role as well as playing Burt's part?
I think the title was supposed to be "Smokey IS The Bandit"!:D

Anyway, you folks are missing the whole time-loop potential of a Mutt spin-off (as seen with Planet of the Apes).
Mutt could encounter a time-machine and travel back in time. The time-machine/De Lorean would get destroyed
and Mutt would be stranded in the past! Tired of being called, Mutt, he eventually switches to the name, Garth,
and assembles a team for a dig in 1912 Utah, which leads him to pass off the fedora to his own dad!:eek:

Adamwankenobi

Stoo said:
Anyway, you folks are missing the whole time-loop potential of a Mutt spin-off (as seen with Planet of the Apes).
Mutt could encounter a time-machine and travel back in time. The time-machine/De Lorean would get destroyed
and Mutt would be stranded in the past! Tired of being called, Mutt, he eventually switches to the name, Garth,
and assembles a team for a dig in 1912 Utah, which leads him to pass off the fedora to his own dad!:eek:

Now THAT would **** off the fanbase. :p

Raiders90

Young Indy said:
I don't even see this as being even accurate. It says George Lucas said he hasn't told Speilberg or Ford about it? I find that hard to believe. Like he would just randomly say this to Fox news. People have been saying stuff for along time about Shia with his own films like they have been planning this since they hired him for KOTCS and Lucas hasn't told Speilberg and Ford about it? I think it was more of Speilberg's idea to have Shia in the film in the first place. I take this all with a grain of salt until further news comes out and even if it is possible I'll give it a chance. It could be good.

Well, back when the film was first getting filmed there were rumors both Shia and Harrison signed a contract for three further Indy movies (I'm not sure if it's KOTCs plus two other Indy movies or KoTCS plus 3) but they BOTH signed contracts.

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
Shia LaBinks!

How is that accurate? It's not as if Jar Jar was made into the main character of all three of the prequels. And Shia isn't a CGI character, he's a real and pretty damn good actor. Young, yes, but he's definately got a lot of potential.

JerryKing

By the way, this is almost certainly, at least in some part, Spielberg's idea. Apparently, Lucas very consciously took on the role of the public's whipping boy in this project, and has been the one to spread any potentially annoying and enraging things about Indy IV. Spielberg kept quiet and gave out the occasional promo here and there, therefore getting hailed as "the savior" who will "surely stop Lucas". Seems to have worked and convinced many, too, apart from one early scratch, when someone carelessly let out that it was in fact Spielberg who came up with and brought on the Shia virus. The classic cliched good cop / bad cop routine does, in fact, work.

Young Indy

Those are only rumors but, it could be true and if Harrison Ford signed to do more movies they would be Indiana Jones movies not Mutt Williams. Not that he couldn't have a large role in them like in KOTCS. I have no problem with that. If they did sign contracts already Ford and Speilberg would know about it, making the "I haven't told Ford or Speilberg" more suspect.

The Shia Labinks is just in bad taste. I like Star Wars a lot and I think Mutt will be a great charcter in KOTCS.

Raiders112390 said:
How is that accurate? It's not as if Jar Jar was made into the main character of all three of the prequels. And Shia isn't a CGI character, he's a real and pretty damn good actor. Young, yes, but he's definately got a lot of potential.

He's just as goddamn annoying. Mutt will ruin Indy the way Jar Jar ruined Star Wars.

drwynn

Raiders112390 said:
How is that accurate?

I agree with you when you say Shia is a good, young actor with great potential.

But, when you ask about the accuracy of Shia being compared to Jar-Jar Stinks...I think that you're missing the reason people are making the comparison.

They worried that Shia's character and presence might have a damning effect of the new film just as Jar-Jar did on "The Phantom Menace". I know several people who have said, "Shia better not ruin this film!" and then they make the comparison to Jar-Jar...

And, honestly, I don't even think that those people necessarily think poorly of Shia as an actor...it's just that a lot of people are already experiencing "Shia burnout" and are longing to see someone different and new instead of, "Oh look...another Speilberg project...and Shia's in it."

Now, these aren't my opinions...I'm just trying to clearly explain what I've experienced with others...

Hope I helped.

nitzsche

That's the other thing that cracks me up too. Children of the 80s ripping on the 50s when they are essentially the same thing - hair gel and cool dance moves.

:D

Mutt Williams is not going to be as iconic as Indiana Jones. A switchblade and a pompadour is a little less romantic than a fedora and bullwhip, but that motorcycle is pretty sweet.

Stoo

Adamwankenobi said:
Now THAT would **** off the fanbase. :p
This situation is akin to Lucas whacking a gigantic bee-hive with a stick.
A big commotion where some bees will chase & bite the "whacker" while
others stick close to the honey...(some just buzz around in confusion).

A few more whacks at this point won't make a difference!;)

Agent Spalko said:
Mutt will ruin Indy the way Jar Jar ruined Star Wars.
The EWOKS ruined Star Wars! How old are you, kid.:p

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
only Harrison is allowed to wear the fedora. :whip: :whip: :whip:

Tell that to Harry Steele (the late Charleton Heston), a guy that was wearing the stubble, the fedora, leather jacket, shoulder bag and khakis long before Harrison.

And a certain other Jones who also wore a leather jacket, khakis and fedora