Vote on the DAY/DATE of Indy/Marion's Wedding Day!

The OFFICAL DATE of Indy/Marion's Wedding Day in May 1958 IS:

• Saturday, May 17, 1958

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday, May 31, 1958

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Indyologist

Okay IndyPeople-- It's FINALLY HERE!! Here, vote on the DATE of Indy and Marion's Wedding Day in May 1958 (our "winning month")! Sorry for the delay-- my computer's back from the shop! Hooray!! Okay, we're going to assume here that on the first two Saturdays of May 1958, Indy is still busy doing course work; namely, helping out the Archeology Department's professors to grade all those final exams (Irene: "...these papers STILL haven't been graded!" - think she finally convinced the maintenance department at Marshall to put padlocks on those windows in his office?)!! What can I say-- Professor Jones is a busy guy! After he finishes all that work, he's free to "get hitched" to Marion Kathleen Williams (nee Ravenwood)! So, here are your choices:
Saturday, May 17, 1958; Saturday, May 24, 1958 or Saturday, May 31, 1958. NOTE: This poll will expire in ONE WEEK.

Get ready, get set... VOTE! Go IndyFans-- make Indiana Jones HISTORY!!! Long live the vote of IndyFans-- Let's make it Indiana Jones CANON, people (FINALLY-- AT LONG LAST)!! :whip: :gun:

Last edited:

OldIndy2323

The logic for your dates works (I'd probably vote for the Memorial Day weekend one), but I'm still confused on a couple of points to make this whole "1958" thing work out:

1. The exterior of the church as seen through the doors at the end of KOTCS matches the weather in New Haven on October 18th 1957 (the canonical date by Lucasfilms) : 67 and sunny (Mutt is still wearing his leather jacket, the other guests are dressed appropriately for a mild October rather than late May, so it still seems as though we're trying too hard to make this work.

2. Are we eliminating Indy's daughter from YIJC? The YOUNGEST she can be in 1992 is 34. I've always imagined / hoped that what became KOTCS would have Marion and Indy end up married so that it was Indy and MARION'S daughter on the show. A 1958 wedding would make Indy's daughter 17 years old when she had her first child. And if Indy's daughter isn't from Marion, then she'd have to have been conceived with another woman between 1952 and 1957 and would have to be "discovered / revealed" AFTER Indy and Marion are married. Do they really need more relationship drama?

3. Where did Marion's middle name come from?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Raiders112390 said:
What kinda church do you think they got married in?

The Hollywood Backlot Episcopal Sister of the Golden Carpenter Union Backdrop Diocese, to be sure.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Raiders112390 said:
What kinda church do you think they got married in?

Presbyterian.

tumblr_inline_okxc15JvgR1tmkl4x_540.jpg

Indyologist

G:eek: :eek: D LORD-- Only TWO have voted in this most important vote in Indy history???!!!! WHAT THE HELL-- WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?? :eek:

I do think that Marion got pregnant by Indy very soon after they were married in 1958. So the girl has red hair? Don't forget that Indy is, by nationality, Scottish. A lotta Scots have red hair, as do the traditional red hair of the Irish. So I bet that's how the girl got red hair. Also, don't forget, we don't know what nationality "Ravenwood" is (I'll look into this) and we also don't know what color hair Abner Ravenwood had. Could it have been red, too?

Anyhow, I think I found a perfect "wedding song" for Indy and Marion. It would be something Marion would "croon" to Indy whenever he left on an adventure, especially after they were married. Yes, I know the song was written in 1952, but a lot of couples have older songs for their wedding song. It's the beautiful Jo Stafford's "You Belong To Me" (1952) Columbia #39811 - The flip side of, "Pretty Boy." It's absolutely perfect for Indy and Marion. Here's a link to the song at YouTube music, which I just joined. Oh. My. God. This song is amazingly perfect for Indy and Marion-- the happy couple!! It's got travel, adventure, romance and that sweet, sweet big band sound!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQfF84ackMM

Last edited:

Indyologist

OldIndy2323 said:
The logic for your dates works (I'd probably vote for the Memorial Day weekend one), but I'm still confused on a couple of points to make this whole "1958" thing work out:

3. Where did Marion's middle name come from?

Meh. Drop the drama, honey. The girl came from Indy and Marion, I'm sure. As far as Marion's middle name goes, damn-- I can't remember where I got that info. from. I'll have to look that up AGAIN (crap) and post it somewhere. I think someone posted 2 different middle names for her and I liked "Kathleen" better than the other one, which was too plain for me. That's why I can't remember it. I don't know why. Kathleen just kinda "spoke" to me as making sense for her middle name.

BTW, dear, remember that the October "canonical" date is the SAME DATE that Indy/Mutt turn up in Peru! Mistake? Uh, yeah. THAT'S a mistake. So, an alternate wedding date had to be created; thus, the two "VOTES" I came up with were born. Also, according to the book of KOTCS (which I finished today-- crappy movie, AWESOME BOOK. Remember, Indypeeps: THE NOVELIZATION OF A MOVIE IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN THE MOVIE ITSELF--- LOTS MORE DETAIL), they were married on Marshall's campus in the campus's chapel, which I assume is St. Martin's Church. In Bedford, Conn. Right? Marshall IS in Bedford, correct? I believe so.

Last edited:

Indyologist

The Winning Date is: Saturday, May 17, 1958!!!

So, the "winning wedding date is: Saturday, May 17, 1958!!! to everyone who voted-- all 210,385 of you!! Holy Moses-- did that many people actually cast that vote? I set up this poll so that we could see "who" voted and "what" they voted for. Where is all that information? Did someone (mods, I'm looking at you) change this? Hmmmm… Anyway, if I can figure out a way to do it, I'm going to post in the next week or so an "Official Wedding Certificate" to celebrate this decision. Wish me luck... and congratulations Indy and Marion!!

Indyologist

IAdventurer01 said:
I wonder who the elite few were who voted for May 31st. :rolleyes:

Pbh. Really! I wonder.... for some reason, the "voters" names were not posted. How can it go from only one or two people posting on this topic at all to over 200,000?! The hell....?! :confused: