New little article on Indy 2008.

Katarn07

tocksic said:
We'll see - I don't think so. I hope you're right nevertheless! Games based on movies tend to suck very much these days.

These days? Was there a time they were any good?

I hope it's not based off of KotCS, but also I hope the story/acting isn't as bad as ET. I was playing that game for the first time in years and I gotta say it's pretty painful to sit and watch the cinematics.

No Ticket

To be honest... all this delaying stuff, the fact that it was started before KOTCS, etc. I think the game isn't going to be very good. Then again, the delay may give them time to make it BETTER. But that usually only works with Nintendo games.

fixer79

SKAbatula said:
I bought one the day after Thanksgiving...and I love it so far. Mind you I only own Tiger Woods '08 & Uncharted...and I've also played The Simpsons Game & Ratchet and Clank: TOD.

And every game so far (minus The Simpsons...I'm not a fan of the show anymore) has blown me away.

BUT you have to have an HDTV with the HDMI cables, or the PS3 downgrades the graphics to PS2 level. Once you have said equipment, the HD graphics in the games (esp. Uncharted) will blow you away.

I'm walking through the jungles with Drake, getting shot at by pirates, and I don't care...cause I'm looking at all the beautiful scenery...the lush trees...the amazing water & lighting effects...utterly amazing!

Thanks for the advice, SKA! I'll certainly keep it in mind ;)

The_Raiders

I'd like to get a PS3 but it's just way too expensive for me. Same with a 360, man I wish this game was for PS2! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tennessee Smith

Variety.com just posted and article about the new Star Wars: Force Unleashed game for the PS3 and XBox 360. It said that both it and the New Indiana Jones games were separated into 2 different teams. The Star Wars team created 3 new software engines that are suppose to be heavy in AI and the most advance in the industry.

Apparently, the Indiana Jones game has been delayed to take advantage of this new software. The article said that the Star Wars game was the first wave and the Indy game will be version 2.0. Much akin to Empire Strike back, where the software will be amped up to the next level for Indy's game. Apparently, Lucas Film has taken notice of the market for video games and is putting a lot of emphasis on the next two titles it is about to release. I would say its a safe bet that the Indy game is hush, hush right now so they can exploit as much as they can for the new Star Wars release. Then after it explodes on the market, they can say, "Well if you liked this, how about this.? At least that's what I got from the article; notably the first video game article ever given by Variety.

sandiegojones

I hope they keep the San Francisco levels and the Lao Che part from the original concept (which you can see on lucasarts.com), but I'm sure it'll now be tied to KOTCS.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get Harrison and the other actors to do the voice work, which could have also caused the delay.

xVendetta17x

Indiana Jones 2008

Is it ever coming out?
I remember hearing about it back in 2006 and everyone saying that it was going to be released the sumer of 2007.
To be quite honest i'm tired of playing my old decrepit copy of Emperor's Tomb

xVendetta17x

It seems it's been indevelopment for awhile and the website hasn't changed in awhile
I think they may have finished it but are waiting for the film's release.
But then again I don't know I haven't hear news on it in awhile.

Skipper

I'm definitely nervous about the lack of news. I'm waiting for the new Indy game to come out before I get an XBox 360

xVendetta17x

Skipper said:
I'm definitely nervous about the lack of news. I'm waiting for the new Indy game to come out before I get an XBox 360

The lack of Screen Caps, Or News in general makes it almost seem as if they're abondoning the project. Or maybe the had to tweak the Euphoria engine

Salacious

xVendetta17x said:
The lack of Screen Caps, Or News in general makes it almost seem as if they're abondoning the project. Or maybe the had to tweak the Euphoria engine

While it was early footage, I wasnt largely impressed with the graphics. Yeah Euphoria was ok...but it still looks like coded stuff to me. Its the same thing over and over again....look at that new Star Wars game. The stuff looks cool, but its not groundbreaking. It will get old fast.

Back to Indy...yeah, hope to hear something about this game. Not good they are keeping it that much of a secret.

xVendetta17x

The graphics were iffy, but hopefully they improved it over the past 2 years.
I just hope they redesigned Indy and actually make sure he looks like Harrison Ford

fixer79

xVendetta17x said:

They're definitely not abandoning the project. It'll take more time to release the game, that's all...

xVendetta17x said:
The graphics were iffy, but hopefully they improved it over the past 2 years.
I just hope they redesigned Indy and actually make sure he looks like Harrison Ford

Hope so too...Harrison's resemblance could really be improved ...
Oh well.. They still have a big year to go...

Perhilion

I wonder if they suspended work on this game for The Force Unleashed? If so, hopefully that means that the new engines will be even better.

xVendetta17x

I certainly hope that everything is improved.
It looked decent before, but if they've had time to improve I think we have something to look forward to.

Gary2880

I only found out about this last night, so i want it released tomorrow!!

I had read an article with those screenshots that are on the website and the guy said those graphics were "about 20%" done, so another 80% on top of that would bring it hurtling towards exreme next gen graphics

I'd love to play it on live but not sure how you would manage a game with 36 players in the same room all wanting to play indy :whip:

p.s. 360 ftw