Broken Skull, Broken Heart.

Deckard

:( My Crystal Skull arrived from France today. Unfortunately not intact.

You know, for a moment that scene from the Pee-Wee Herman movie flew through my mind, and I actually considered rushing my skull to the hospital for some emergency recontructive surgery, but I think I'll have to settle for special resin glue instead. Would have loved to seen the Chief Surgeon's face when I begged him to piece it back togeather tho...:rolleyes:

0014.jpg

0022.jpg

0020.jpg

0021.jpg

BTW it isn't silver it's a clear purple resin w. a Silver finish, most notably silver on the front. It is tranlucent however, you just can't tell from these photos as I don't have a light source behind the skull.

barranca

Tragic, truly tragic! It is a Striking piece though, and looks very accurate. I'm working on a 1/6th version at present. To be cast in a very light blue clear Resin.
Good luck with fixing it!

The_Raiders

Wow it looks good, too bad it wasn't intact, I wold use h\a hot glue gun to fix it, I use it for everything. :cool:

Deckard

The_Raiders said:
Wow it looks good, too bad it wasn't intact, I wold use h\a hot glue gun to fix it, I use it for everything. :cool:

Actually I picked up some resin glue made just for this material but don't want to use it until after I file the insurance claim. The glue is the most powerful available for resin, it even causes cancer and is illegal in california. :p Seriously, I have never been afraid of glue like this.

The_Raiders

Deckard said:
Actually I picked up some resin glue made just for this material but don't want to use it until after I file the insurance claim. The glue is the most powerful available for resin, it even causes cancer and is illegal in california. :p Seriously, I have never been afraid of glue like this.

Wow, that reminds me of the clear resin i have and catalyst to harden it, each have a lloooong list of warnings, I've only used it once :dead:

barranca

Stick with, (no pun intended), a clear colourless two part epoxy resin glue, I'm sure you know this already. Try also assembling the pieces together without glue to see how best it will fit before you glue it. Make sure the surfaces you glue are completely grease free too. Use the glue sparingly, to avoid seepage when you join the pieces. You might find it easier to glue the pices to each other one at a time too, that gives them less opportunity to move about and somtimes its easier to relpace one large part than several small ones.

Deckard

barranca said:
Stick with, (no pun intended), a clear colourless two part epoxy resin glue, I'm sure you know this already. Try also assembling the pieces together without glue to see how best it will fit before you glue it. Make sure the surfaces you glue are completely grease free too. Use the glue sparingly, to avoid seepage when you join the pieces. You might find it easier to glue the pices to each other one at a time too, that gives them less opportunity to move about and somtimes its easier to relpace one large part than several small ones.

Thanks for the advice, it is clear glue. I guess Im lucky in the sense that all the breaks are "Clean" and all the pieces fit togeather perfectly, no slivers etc. Im going to use a small paintbrush to apply it to the edges and I'll put the 3 pieces togeather first make sure they fit the hole straight, let them dry, then glue them back on as one piece.

Deckard

Thanks, but unfortunately most of the pieces in my collection are one of a kinds and none came from stores, they are custom made by fans in the online community.

0066-1.jpg

The stones were made for me however he makes one from time to time to sell on ebay, they are amazing, and I highly reccomend getting one if you can, same w/ the Grail Diary. My headpiece and Grail are one of a kinds, while the Idol is very limited along w/ the Atlantean medallion.

As far as I know there are only 3-4 of these skulls sold, 1 or 2 painted w/ bone color, mine w/ a clear purple resin and silver finsih, and another that was made from a mold of one of the first 2 w/o permission and resold in clear resin.

daywalker

Thank you for that information. If you come across any info from its maker of him/her doing another run please let me know(y)