All the Kingdom haters composed into one comic

Crusade>Raiders

Major West said:
Nice depiction of 'The Man' and 'Sankara' there. Made me chuckle. (y)

Eh, The Man is just a big Indy fan disapointed in a medicore film after 19 years. I think Agent Spalko is a better refrence

Major West

Him too.(y)

The Man can't be ruled out as his hatred for the film is irrational. Look at all the time he spends in this section complaining about it. It's just a film.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Major West said:
It's just a film.

Exactly. That's why a certain amount of snark adressed at "just the film" should be tolerated.

Major West said:
The Man can't be ruled out as his hatred for the film is irrational. Look at all the time he spends in this section complaining about it.

Professor Jones

I don't find that comic very funny. Actually I find it quite histerical and aggressive, especially the last esplicit sentence dedicated to the "haters". If some people 'round the boards act like crazy I think the best way to react is just ignoring them and their manners (unless they offend, of course). Such expressions (like that comic) just add anger to anger. Just live and let live.

Ouch, now I've spoken like a Jedi Master I can retire to my Jedi Apartments! ;)

Darth Vile

Major West said:
Nice depiction of 'The Man' and 'Sankara' there. Made me chuckle. (y)

To be honest... not wanting to speak for them... this depiction doesn't resemble The Man or even Sankara (who is seldom, if ever, agressive in tone).

It's a funny cartoon all the same... and it does capture the mindset of a few bad apples.

MaxPhactor23

I thought it was pretty funny...though reflects a hypocritical mindset. Obviously this was done out of spite somewhere. Makes you wonder what's really more insulting, insulting others for having a different opinion...or insulting a mere movie. Hm? Profound! I'll never understand the minds of movie defenders.

Crack that whip

Well, who's the more inexplicable - movie defenders who like given movies, and wish to continue to enjoy them, or movie detractors who not only dislike the same movies, but wish to prevent others from liking them?

I ask because it frequently seems as though the people who continually carp about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull here (among various movies discussed in various forums), perhaps understandably dissatisfied with being disappointed with a movie (especially when others like it), somehow feel compelled to do whatever they can to diminish others' enthusiasm for it, so that no-one will like it, and everybody can be equally disappointed with it. While I can understand their frustration at being hugely disappointed by a movie they really wanted to love (as a general Lucasfilm fan I've already been down this road with Star Wars, and similarly I'm already dreading what I fear may be a colossal letdown with the next Star Trek movie, though I hope I'm wrong), I don't think there's anything particularly admirable about going out of one's way to try to ensure the movie is as ruined for everyone else as it is for oneself.

That's not to suggest the movies should be unassailable by legitimate criticism or anything like that, but it really does seem that a huge number of posts by some of the latest Indy adventure's detractors here have no real aim other than spoiling whatever joy the movie's admirers / defenders here were able to glean from it.

James

It's only hypocritical when someone defends a movie at another's expense. But this is just a comic that pokes fun at a stereotype. It's not insulting anyone in particular, even though we've all known people who act like this.

Crack that whip

It's interesting to me that it does mention a fair bit about CGI monkeys, which seems tailored to the body of fan-rant re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, but in nearly all other respects is so general as to be applicable to pretty much any much-awaited, much-debated bit of geek cinema.

Bvance

hAhahahahahahahahahahahahaha Dang that was funny, a little too much swearing even for my jaded eyes, but it was fairly true.

It reminded me of some of those hour long rants that people posted on You Tube the night the movie came out.

Darth Vile

I think it?s quite easy, and often funny, to lampoon those who have extreme views and very emotional reactions (be they lovers or loathers). Neither actually reflects the reality? And one?s extreme view/emotional reaction is usually more reflective of the individual, rather than the thing they are praising/criticising.

OmegaSeamaster

Actually, this cartoon sucked because he focused to much on CGI monkeys...what he should have focused on was that huge silver UFO coming out of the ground.

I went into this comic strip expecting it to be all that, but it wasn't. In fact, I'm going to call the %$%!^! cartoonist right now and give him my two cents...and he didn't even mention the atomic bomb....the nerve!!!

LOL

;)