Your thoughts and opinions

KiKi Kat

I just have a question for everyone. I am in the process of getting my CNA's (Certified Nursing Assistant), so of course in the mean time I have to work in order to help pay bills. So I am working part time as an exotic dancer; stripper whichever you choose to call it. My husband (Lonesome Drifter) doesn't have a problem with it.
We live in a small town and so naturally word got round. So, I'm the talk of the town right now. I don't see nothing wrong with what I do. I don't do drugs and I come home right after work. I was just wanting opinions on what other people besides this town thought.

DocWhiskey

Hey, you need the money, right? You do what you have to do. There's a girl I go to college with who is an exotic dancer to help pay her tuition. She's trying to be a graphic designer. Sweetest and smartest girl you'd ever meet. It's just a job. You do it, like you said, to pay the bills.

I'm sure talk spreading about you isn't necessarily positive or kind, is it? Can't blame people. They're ignorant that way. As long as you can get by and you are satisfied with your paycheck, you gotta keep on keepin' on. And it's not like it's a career choice, I mean, you're just trying to live. You're going to be a nursing assistant not an exotic dancer for the rest of your life. Not that anything is wrong with that. People just don't get the whole story. They just don't understand sometimes. The world is going to tough, uh, tougher times, I'm sure you know that. But chin up. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and a husband that supports you, and that's all you can ask for.

KiKi Kat

DocWhiskey said:
Hey, you need the money, right? You do what you have to do. There's a girl I go to college with who is an exotic dancer to help pay her tuition. She's trying to be a graphic designer. Sweetest and smartest girl you'd ever meet. It's just a job. You do it, like you said, to pay the bills.

I'm sure talk spreading about you isn't necessarily positive or kind, is it? Can't blame people. They're ignorant that way. As long as you can get by and you are satisfied with your paycheck, you gotta keep on keepin' on. And it's not like it's a career choice, I mean, you're just trying to live. You're going to be a nursing assistant not an exotic dancer for the rest of your life. Not that anything is wrong with that. People just don't get the whole story. They just don't understand sometimes. The world is going to tough, uh, tougher times, I'm sure you know that. But chin up. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and a husband that supports you, and that's all you can ask for.

I know it's to be expected with the job but people around just totally blow it out of proportion. I love to dance but it's not gonna be my career. My husband is very supportive and trusts me. I have never given him reason not to. I try not to let it bother me. We laugh about the smug looks and ignorant comments. There are so many misconceptions about dancers. There are some that do things they shouldn't. But there are alot just tryin to get by. Anyways, thanks for the encouragement.

The Drifter

Ah, babe stop worrying about all the idiots around our town. Who cares what they think? I for one don't give a crap about their opinions. You are a good woman, a damn good woman. As long as you have your pride about you, don't worry about what people think.
I love you.