Favrote Infernal Machine Level

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Return to Peru. The Infernal Machine and Aetherium were horrible levels.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Okay, here's my list of best IM levels:
  • Return to Peru
  • Babylon
  • Meroë
  • Teotihuacan
  • V.I.Pudovkin
  • Palawan Volcano
  • Jeep Trek
  • King Sol's Mines
They are not in any order.

Randy_Flagg

Return to Peru, definitely.

I liked most of the game, actually, but things got a little too weird and un-Indy-like towards the end. Not that they were bad levels, it just didn't feel like I was playing an Indiana Jones game.

nOOb

vi pudovkin
jeep trek
meroe
king sols mines
palawan lagoon

but there should have been a big soviet base level in kazakstan. after they showed the t-34 tanks in the newspaper intro, i thought i'd be fighting them...and it would be cool to maybe even steal and drive one :)

Canyon

I think some of my favourite levels were definately when Indy was exploring the Palawan Temple level. Return to Peru was fun and really cool to play. Plus, Indy came out with some great one liners.

"I hate snakes, especially the big ones!"

12.jpg

Ah, Ms Croft, I presume...

Larry_9741

I haven't played the game in years, but my favorite level was the monastary with all the dead monks, the old lady, and the enourmous ice monster at the end. Now I wish I didn't sell my N64 and that game...

nOOb

really? O_o i thought the iraqis used those in 1990...or are those t-80s?

im gonna go play IM again and see, but i think the tanks in the newspaper were t-34s. they easily could be, only 2 years after ww2. there was more then one version, maybe its the t34/85. which is still used today(?!)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Well, I'm not sure but I think that they used T-72's. At least we in Finland used those Soviet T-72 tanks for about 30 years. But the number could also be the year. So the T-72 came out in 1972, T-34 came out in 1934 etc. So, I can be wrong.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
I found <a href="http://www.battlefield.ru/map.html">this page</a> about Soviet tanks.

Maybe I can help you;)
During the gameplay press esc to pause, go to the "Control Options" (perhaps the name isn't correct because I'm translating from my italian version) the old typewriter and press it, now click on "activate gamepad/joystick" (" the same I wrote above ") at the bottom of the window you opened, and then, if you don't like the configuration, go back to that window and choose "New Scheme" (" the same I wrote above ") and configure the different buttons in the menu you opened.
I hope this will be helpful.

IndyBuff

I just ordered this game a couple days ago and it should arrive soon. It's one of the only Indy games that I don't have yet so hopefully I'll be able to rank my favorite levels in about a week. I'm really looking forward to it.:whip:

JerryKing

Infernal Machine was the last truly great Indy game - and, unfortunately, it may remain one, since the new title looks as if it will have nothing adventurous in it and will instead be even more arcadish and consolish than the already soulless enough Emperor's Tomb. Sadly, it looks like this is what's going to permanently replace the best elements of the best Indy games - instead of exploration, there will be going forward and beating up everything around; instead of adventure - a "Can you click the mouse quick enough to do a triple-jump?" kind of problem.

Four quick notes - keep an open instance of M$ MediaPlayer to have IM run under Windows XP; try first if you can play it in its default version, without the patch applied, since it introduces more problems than it fixes; in cases of problems with "frozen" screens or characters, open and close the game's advanced graphics settings; if stuck, type "fixme" from the console...

Listen to JerryKing, he's right.
IM is actually the game closer to the original trilogy because is an advencture with enormous level, with strong enemies and with the great possibility to interact with anything around you.
Somebody can say that the graphic is poor (and perhaps he'll be right because this game has fallen in 2000) but everytime I play it (and it's since 2001) I enjoy it a lot because it is:
pure action :whip: pure advencture :whip: pure Indy :whip:

PS: happy to gave you assistance temple of john