Dark Horse Omnibus volume 1

Tennessee Smith

Yeah, its very limited on the cover art. I was amazed at the art because it reminded me of the ol' marvel series. I'm use to todays artwok and coloring, I just hope the stories are good. Well, gotta go start reading. I'll let you know if its work it.

TennesseeKorben

Got mine in from Amazon today. Boy... the artwork is bad. And yes, there is only 3 covers in this thing. What a shame, because the covers rock!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, if you guys have got them, then it shouldn't be too far away from Australian comic stores. I shall drop by from uni next week and see how far away a copy is.

JimmyPSHayes

Dr.Sartorius said:
I received my copy from Amazon the other day. My only complaint is the lack of original cover art.
Yeah, that would have been nice. But it's not Dark Horse's MO. It would've been nice to have a new cover, though.

Snakes

I was pleasantly surprised by the omnibus. I was expecting it to be kinda lousy, but except for some dialogue problems(I thought some of Indy's dialogue was out of character at times, such as him saying EUREKA! too much), and the art being a bit inconsistent, it was pretty good. I may have disliked FOA more that I normally would have because of playing the game, but as soon as I let go of every tiny detail that they changed from the game, I enjoyed it.

snake_surprise

Its fine. I give a pass to this...the art is not as bad as some say. If you look at some stuff by Alan Moore (Watchmen), etc...the art is under par but its the story that makes it worth while.

The Indy comics of the mid-90s have better stories than the novels, IMO.

It is an enjoyable book...probably more violent then the films themselves.

Indy. Treasures. Violence. Women. What else could you ask for? Well worth the purchase price.

indy34

xVendetta17x said:
I jsut started buying the original comics so buying the Omnibus would be pointless for me
I wish I knew about it earlier
I actually would prefer to get the old one because in the omnibus you don't get the really cool front cover art:(