KotCS comic adaptation

No Ticket

Even shorty and Indy sr. got fight scenes. What is there to be afraid of. However, I don't like the sword, specifically the kind he is holding. For some reason.

deckard24

No Ticket said:
Even shorty and Indy sr. got fight scenes. What is there to be afraid of. However, I don't like the sword, specifically the kind he is holding. For some reason.

With that sword Shia is looking a bit like a pirate! All he needs is an Errol Flynn moustache to complete the look!

He is channeling a good worried Ford expression though.

clorrificus

are wii (sorry, couldn't help it) positive that he is holding a switchblade in his left hand? i know that would make sense seeing as how he is supposedly a "greaser" but still idk...looks almost like a miniture whip to me.

Blackadder

Shia should acted in Pirates of the Carrebien or somethin , dont know maybe its related to the story , but a gun or rifle would be a much better option imo :gun:

tocksic

Pre-order is open! And here's a full version of the cover:

15034.jpg

kongisking

Oh, God, this cover looks mother----ing awesome! Damn for all I'm worth, I'm so excited! But none of this compares to the absolute best aspect of the picture, which I hope is actually present in the finished film:

INDY'S GOT BEARD STUBBLE!!!!!!!!!! HOOOORAY!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :whip: :hat:

(And in case you guys haven't noticed, the sword Shia is wielding looks to be a Spanish conquistador's sword, which completely fits with the location of the skull temple. Maybe Mutt took the sword from some poor bastard who got wasted by a booby trap centuries ago. An image of a conquistador-armor-clad Forrestal springs to my mind here.

Plus: QUIT YOU'RE DAMN WHINING OVER TINY DETAILS LIKE THE KIND OF SWORD SHIA IS HOLDING! You guys really do sound like toddlers fighting over a spider-man toy that has the red paint slightly darker than on the cartoon shows! Ugh!

(Hoo, boy, am I gonna get it for that shout-out...I meant nothing personal by it! I'm sorry! :eek: :eek: :eek: )

Last edited:

yodazone

Hey guys! Jeremy Barlow (Indy Dark Horse Comics Editor) just posted this over at the Dark Horse Star Wars forums about that Diamond Previews cover:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, Gang --

That is NOT the cover to the comic adaptation -- it is a "solicitation only" image that Lucasfilm provided for us. The cover(s) will be original painted works by Indy and Star Wars artist Hugh Fleming

Resume speculation!

http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10731&start=135

Hugh Flemming returns to Indy covers!!!!

:whip: :whip: :whip:

deckard24

yodazone said:
Hey guys! Jeremy Barlow (Indy Dark Horse Comics Editor) just posted this over at the Dark Horse Star Wars forums about that Diamond Previews cover:

Hey, Gang --

That is NOT the cover to the comic adaptation -- it is a "solicitation only" image that Lucasfilm provided for us. The cover(s) will be original painted works by Indy and Star Wars artist Hugh Fleming

Resume speculation!

http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10731&start=135

Hugh Flemming returns to Indy covers!!!!

:whip: :whip: :whip:

Thank God! That's fanastic news that an actual hand painted work of art will be the cover, not some photo shopped collage! I'm bummed to hear Struzan isn't doing it, but Fleming is very talented as well.

Professor Jones

deckard24 said:
I agree! Indy comic book covers, novels, movie posters, etc., should all be hand painted works of art. Something is seriously lost in my opinion with photo shop. The whole romantic side of the Indiana Jones movies reflecting back to the serials of the 30's or 50's( in the case of KotCS), just flies out the window with a photo shop collage.

Give me a Struzan, Dorman, or Amstel work of art any day over photo shop!

Yes!!! I guess we can call us satisfied, Deckard!!!