Travel Plans

Canyon

Fantastic!

ColinK said:
I just got back from my travels. Tunisia, well Kairouan and Tozeur in fact (Cairo and Tanis excavations in Raiders resp.)

So much is still recognisable even after 20 years. I'll be going next year too!

Colin, welcome to The Raven! :D Which part of the UK are you from?

BTW, did you take any pictures of your trip?

ColinK

I'm Lancashire-born living in Yorkshire :eek: .

Of course I took photos (colour/bw), video and GPS readings. Lots of photos. I even brought a few set remnants back with me. Not much to look at, but I know what they are and where they are from so to me they are a kind of 'treasure'. Interestingly enough it's less than 1km from the Star Wars Canyon in Tunisia (which was also used in Raiders and English Patient), so it's now one of my favourite places on earth !

The Map Room ent., Well of Souls ent., Well of Souls exit, Horse Chase and Cairo Alleyways were all found, I'll get round to updating my homepage one day.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/colin.kenworthy1

indifan101

I'm headed off to Canada for a hockey camp and of course to see the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. Last time when I was up there they had a huge comic book festival and the Darkhorse comic creators were there including Frank Miller! I'll be up the entire rest of July so my amont of posts and threads will be lower than usuall. Hey Colin how many castles are in England. I love knights and Medevil history! :)

Paden

indifan101 said:
I'm headed off to Canada for a hockey camp and of course to see the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.

Very, very cool. I'm a huge hockey fan myself, and hope to make a trip up there myself some day.

indifan101

Canada is very cool. When you go there see Niagara Falls and of course the Hockey Hall of Fame! I'll be there the rest of July! Go Red Wings! :)

ColinK

indifan101 said:
.... Hey Colin how many castles are in England. I love knights and Medevil history! :)
Well I can only speak for the north of England, but there are lots. In various states of decay! Conwy Castle in north Wales is one of my favourites along with Alnwick Castle and Bamburgh Castle on the north east coast of England. Of course Scotland has it's fair share too. If it's the Knights of the Round Table you're after then I guess a castle in the south of England is what you're looking for. Try these for a start:
castles-of-britain
touruk
information-castles
enjoy.

ElodieJones

For many reasons, we change our destination.
We don't go in Greece :(
But We go in Trukey :D

I leave in 1 our.
So until the 28 July, I can't come on this forum... :eek:

Joe Brody

ElodieJones said:
For many reasons, we change our destination.
We don't go in Greece :(
But We go in Trukey :D

I leave in 1 our.
So until the 28 July, I can't come on this forum... :eek:

Turkey?

Some years ago a former employee of the company I work for traveled from France with her husband for a vacation in Turkey. While there, her husband supposedly purchased an old dagger of little value. On departure, their luggage was searched and the dagger was discovered. The inspector made a decision that the dagger was actually an extremely valuable artifact and had both people immediately imprisioned for attempting to smuggle the dagger out of Turkey. Both were in their fifties and professionals (the women, an American, was an attorney for a large Information Technology manufacturer stationed in Paris). While waiting trial, the couple was separated and the lady was placed in women's prision. At trial the couple didn't exactly understand the proceedings but they were allowed to leave the country. Problem being, they were supposedly convicted of smuggling and now have a record with Interpol. To my knowledge the couple have not left France for several years. Note, I heard this story second-hand so I can't vouch for its veracity -- however I believe the story did get some press in France.

I guess the lesson here is simply: don't buy anything that looks in a country like Turkey and try to bring it home.

ElodieJones

Thank you

Yes, I really have a great time.
I you have the opportunity to visit this country, you musst go.
It's really fantastic !