Indy IV: "For the fans"

Shortie

I really have a feeling Spielberg's telling the truth. If they can atleast mention Henry Jones Sr. & Sallah it's fine to me. (Maybe that Henry's with Sallah in Cairo, hence his absense from the movie ;) )

Niteshade007

I don't see why they even need to be mentioned. Maybe Henry, but certainly not Sallah. Had he not returned in Last Crusade (a move that didn't really seem necessary at least in my mind) the issue of "what happened to Sallah" would not even need to be brought up.

As far as Henry goes, I don't really think it's necessary to even bring him up. He's Indy's dad, and we went two films without him. I'm sure we'll be fine without him for this one too.

dmaster

ClintonHammond said:
Indy IV: "For the fans MONEY" is more like it....

This is absolutely the most sad assault on the genious of the persons who are making these movies. Understand that Lucas and Spilberg created an entire imaginarium experience for all of us on our 20's-30's. They created a generations worth of wonder and magic. Personally, when I see most of SS or GL created movies, for me its like the tinkle dust fairy just come to land and threw star dust on me so I can believe, feel and get close to the feelings of pure creativity and joy.

For me Lucas and Spielberg and my number ones heroes on movie fandom, I'm not a Goudard expert, or a Tarantino lover, for me movies with childlike wonder are what makes me really tick when they are presented like works of art like Indiana, Star Wars, ET, A.I, THX 1138, Close Encounters, Empire of the Sun... all that, and nots forget the production that they demonstrated over the years; Back to The Future is as Spielberg as is Zemeckis....

I love Steven Spielberg, the genious, the all time directing wiz-kid of magical wonder.

And I love George Lucas, the visionary, my number one hero in movie making; I don't get how many people dislike Lucas... come on! The man created what Walt Disney did before him...

When Walt Disney World was inaugurated a reporter told Roy Disney that it was a shame that Walt Disney didn't live to see the finished them park... Roy's anwswer; "You're wrong, very wrong, Walt SAW THIS." VISION. And my god, with Skywalker Ranch, Lucas SAW IT, and DID IT, the theme park for the creative minds.

Don't put down creativity! Its a rare comodity in the world today!!!

Live and celebrate it!!

:whip:

"the genious of the persons who are making these movies"
"Genius" my aunt fanny....

I'm not gonna diss a rabid, foaming at the mouth "Fan"....

I simply do not agree, in the least.

Joe Brody

Niteshade007 said:
I don't see why they even need to be mentioned. Maybe Henry, but certainly not Sallah. Had he not returned in Last Crusade (a move that didn't really seem necessary at least in my mind) the issue of "what happened to Sallah" would not even need to be brought up.

Sallah's children are proof that life goes on . . . .

Don Karnage

ClintonHammond said:
"the genious of the persons who are making these movies"
"Genius" my aunt fanny....

I'm not gonna diss a rabid, foaming at the mouth "Fan"....

I simply do not agree, in the least.

so you would have been happier without a fourth movie??? i find your posts most puzzling.

I anticipate that this 4th movie is gonna blow Alden chunks....

If that's the case, then yes, I'd rather there was no 4th movie...

If it turns out even, to only be as good as say Last Crusade, then it'll be middling and I'll probably even end up owning it on DVD

If it's as good as Raiders or even Temple (Which I SERIOUSLY doubt) then I'll be VERY surprised indeed... and happily at that

Don Karnage

ok, i see what you mean.

basically youre afraid of another SW prequel type disaster.

i hope it is not for the fans money like you predict. GL, i dont trust. SS on the other hand...

chapter11

ClintonHammond said:
I anticipate that this 4th movie is gonna blow Alden chunks....

My god, man. Negative much? I predict you'll think the movie blows chunks no matter how it turns out. How could you not? It's 10 months till Indy 4 and you already expect it to suck. I just don't get it.

BTW, I'm new here and this is my first post, though I've trolled around for weeks. I simply cannot believe the level of negavity from the supposed "fans." It's really quite a sad commentary on the Internet culture.

oki9Sedo

Don Karnage said:
ok, i see what you mean.

basically youre afraid of another SW prequel type disaster.

i hope it is not for the fans money like you predict. GL, i dont trust. SS on the other hand...

The problems with the Star Wars prequels were the dialogue and the heavy CG. Since George Lucas isn't writing the script and Frank Marshall confirmed that they won't cheat with CG, those two worries should be put to rest.

"I simply cannot believe the level of negavity from the supposed "fans.""
Kindly stow your arrogance please.... calling people who aren't blindly worshipping at the altar of Indy 4 "Supposed Fans" is little more than trolling... or at the very least baiting... Both of which there are rules against here.

"those two worries should be put to rest"
I'll believe it when I see it...

oki9Sedo

ClintonHammond said:
For what reason should I trust?

I'm sure there will be CGI, but not overt CGI like CG monsters and CG landscapes like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars etc. Presumably wires will be digitally removed, bluescreen backgrounds will be used etc.

weyhoops

oki9Sedo said:
I'm sure there will be CGI, but not overt CGI like CG monsters and CG landscapes like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars etc. Presumably wires will be digitally removed, bluescreen backgrounds will be used etc.

Lord of the Rings minimized landscape CGI has much as possible...you're usually looking at matte paintings. Old school.

chapter11

ClintonHammond said:
Kindly stow your arrogance please.... calling people who aren't blindly worshipping at the altar of Indy 4 "Supposed Fans" is little more than trolling... or at the very least baiting... Both of which there are rules against here.

Oh sure, ban those of us who actually like the Indiana Jones movies and look forward to a new one. Yeah, THAT makes sense.

misnomer

torao said:
I'm currently searching for an interview I remember in which he negatively commented on Lost World and called it a mistake to have made that film in order to make the demanding fans happy. I haven't found that one yet but I also thought that this one shows some interesting points to his filmmaking motivations. It's an interview with TOTAL FILM from September 2004.

I found this torao (on spielbergfilms.com)

In the book Steven Spielberg: The Man, His Movies, & Their Meaning, by Philip Taylor, Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying the following about 'Lost World': "...the most boring experience of my career...like working on a hamburger stand...But the public wanted it."

I couldnt agree more TLW was a terrible movie...full of cliche, plot holes and some seriously screwed up liberal views (i.e its okay for the good guys to release dinos that kill people :) )