Best BBQ

What is USA best BBQ

• Memphis Style (like Rendavous)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Kansas Style (like Bryants)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Texas Style (Luling)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Carolina Style (like Lexington BBQ or Little Pig)

• Hawaii (Brudda Willie's Sticky Ribs, Maui)

• Total voters

roundshort

OK, we like Bacon, that much is we know. But what about classic BBQ? Are you a dry rub guy (Please skip the puns, I was about to type about 50, but keep you mind on food, not your nocturnal agenda), vinegar, sweet sauce or what?

For me, nothing beets classic Memphis BBQ, but I have found the Hawaiian Sticky ribs to be more appealing?
Now, This is probably for Americans who have had all of the ribs, but as usually I am interested in our friends from across the pods!

Edit - If you have not been to these BBQ places, you are missing out. I recommend you hitting these famous spots as a bucket List thing)

Last edited:

Gear

FatDude.jpg

"Well, I'm quite partial to the pork ribs you'gn' get down at Safeway for 3.89. Sit'down an eat myself a couple handfuls a'those. But what'chew do is get'sum chicken offa the George Foreman with'the skin pulled back an' mashed potatoes n' gravy an' A1. Now-now, don't waste that grease, now. No-drizzle that onta your 'taders an' wings. Got yourself sumthin' almost as good as Micky Ds."

Pale Horse

Staff member
~Still have some to try...BUT

Hands down: a convection smoker used in tandem with (secret sauce) injected meat and a dry rub of essential herbs, spices, and sugars is the only way to bar-b-que.

051705b.jpg

I have participated in the California Men?s Bar-b-Que Association for the past two years and our team of grillers won the 2008 Reserve Grand Champion as well as First Place in Short Ribs, and 2009 First and Second Place in Ribs and Tri-trip respectively using this formula.

The flavor is akin to the Texas Style BBQ, as our team is comprised of me (with extend family from the Dallas/Fortworth area) and another reverend who did his seminary work in and around College Station. The notable difference is the smoke ring that is produced on the tender meat, and considerably less drippings.

Mickiana

What is that device, where can I get one, how does it work and any other info with which you would like to furnish me?!

Pale Horse

Staff member
It's a convection smoker. The coals are on the outside, and the meat is smoked on the inside, (via various rack configurations), at the bottom of the chamber is a basin filled with liquid of choice and the wood chips are sprinkled between the wall against the coals and the wall against the basin of liquid.