Looks like it is official

gringo

indyclone25 said:
son of b@iAch ---- i wonder if we write in to hasbro they will change their minds

Probably not. Not enough Indy fans out there and kids don't collect toys like they used to. Pretty sad, I really wanted the next wave of ROTLA.

gringo

ChromiumBlue37 said:
That's not a Hasbro Press Release so it isn't official.

Hasbro doesn't typically have a press release when a line is cancelled. They typically only put one out when something is announced. Next month's Toyfare should clear everything up..hopefully.

ChromiumBlue37

So they are going to end a four month-old line BEFORE the DVD release and holiday season? I seriously don't think so.

Even Hasbro doesn't makes stupid mistakes like that.

gringo

ChromiumBlue37 said:
So they are going to end a four month-old line BEFORE the DVD release and holiday season? I seriously don't think so.

Did you even bother reading what the guy said? The last wave will be the TOD wave and then it is over.

ChromiumBlue37

What guy? Who? The guy from the link? Mr. Chester Cheetah? Is he a spokesman, Q & A rep or the Hasbro CEO, Mr. Brian Goldner? At this point, he's nobody.

Until Hasbro says officially otherwise, I consider this to be a rumor.

bonoferox

Saw that this morning. Not sure how credible it is since it comes from a message board who has an "insider".

gringo

Hard to say if it is true or not, but would not surprise me if it get cancelled. The line has sold horribly, and retailers did not handle this line very well, plus the movie not doing all that hot. A lot of factors are contributing to this possibly happening. Does not help that hasbro has not been too vocal in the q&a regarding this line.

tnswman

I have known this "un-official" news for a while...right now, there is not much that will change it as the teams have all moved on and the 2nd Raiders wave was actually figures that were slated for an 08 release but were nixed by management.

tnswman

Why would it? NOBODY loves this line as much as I do..The Hasbro people that CAME TO ME were never afraid to be open that the line was dying. Then, things said made me think that the line was NEVER meant to be long term.

Kevin

ChromiumBlue37 said:

Well, it's not as though they plan to pull the products from the shelves. On the contrary, they are planning to flood the market with re-packs of old figures right around the time of the DVD release, and the TOD wave will probably hit late Nov or early Dec. This will ensure Hasbro continues to clean up on the Indy franchise during the DVD release and holiday season, without having to make any new figures.

That being said, I find it a little hard to believe that the ROTLA series 2 is cancelled. I mean, if they have a shelf date of Jan 2009, it seems like they would have needed to be well into production by now. But, if we do get ROTLA series 2, I'm sure it will be the last of the 3.75" series.

Way of the dodo

That really sucks if true. There were other ways to handle phasing out this line, all of them classier. Going from all that big talk less than a year ago to this is somehow sleazy, like a used car salesman.

tnswman

And when they said "On Shelf 1/09" you relly believed them based on the way Indy was moving? come on now...

Kevin

tnswman said:
And when they said "On Shelf 1/09" you relly believed them based on the way Indy was moving? come on now...

Well, someone at Hasbro believed, at the time of SDCC, that this wave would be on-shelf by January, otherwise that date would not have been provided. Besides, Indy figures were doing great then. Given how long it takes to get figures made, packaged and shipped to stores, it seems like at least some steps of mass production would have been taken by that point.

monkey man

Too bad if it's true. I'll buy whatever they put out. If they cancel this line this soon it really shows a lack of understanding. The economy hurt this line more than the consumers did. Not to mention this line was mismanaged from the start. People can't buy stuff that isn't on the shelves.
There are worse selling lines. Spawn, Speed Racer, Narnia, anything Mcfarlane. I know that Hasbro doesn't make that stuff but they aren't even giving the Indy line a chance.
If this is true, Hasbro won't be getting any of my money anytime soon.
Hopefully Sideshow will keep making figures. Maybe another company will get the license.