Hot Toys Indiana Jones Figure

Montana Smith

JackBurton said:
Here he is.

I'm a little bit disappointed in the hat and the headsculpt. Everything else (the idol base, Map Room Disguise) is great. Maybe the actual product will be improved. (y)

I hope he gets improved. The verdict so far is one of being generally underwhelmed.

Only a single headsulpt, an Idol enviroment that I don't want to pay for; a map-room disguise that I'd have no intention of using. There's an opinion that the missing headpiece signifies a companion Marion figure may be following.

Need to see some more pictures of the head under better lighting.

The quality and improvement over Sideshow will be in the details, that will no doubt be apparent when in hand.

16614347489405234358690.jpg

16463347489410234358690.jpg

Billy Ray

Montana Smith said:
I hope he gets improved. The verdict so far is one of being generally underwhelmed.

Only a single headsulpt, an Idol enviroment that I don't want to pay for; a map-room disguise that I'd have no intention of using. There's an opinion that the missing headpiece signifies a companion Marion figure may be following.

In this shot it looks like the headpiece is there at the top of the staff:

156697_184683988208925_100000019744422_688597_3168793_n.jpg

I'm pretty impressed so far, but would like to see more pics from different angles. Assuming there is only the one headsculpt included, it must have a removable hat. Looks like they did a pretty good job on that.

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
In this shot it looks like the headpiece is there at the top of the staff:

It does, which knocks the Marion theory on the head.

Billy Ray said:
I'm pretty impressed so far, but would like to see more pics from different angles. Assuming there is only the one headsculpt included, it must have a removable hat. Looks like they did a pretty good job on that.

I haven't ever followed the progress of a Hot Toys figure from prototype to production, but those who have are under the impression there will be another head, and also that the head already shown will invariably undergo further work.

I'd like to see a classic smirking Indy expression to go with the determined one.

It's funny that over on Sideshow Freaks, people are already stating which parts they're going to be upgrading.

Billy Ray

A lot of folks on that board are a little too anal:rolleyes: I showed my wife the pics and she thought it was a still from the movie, till she looked closer.

This will be my first Hot Toys figure, so I don't know that much about them either. The always have looked good to me, I just don't have that kind of cash. For Indy I will definitely make an exception.

I never got the idol pedestal, so I am pretty happy about it's inclusion.

20101225_a831720c9243e2fca1baSU7TFzt3BqmF.jpg

20101225_e4cd304c2b800f9e53ff3J8I74mH4llX.jpg

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
A lot of folks on that board are a little too anal:rolleyes:

That's a good way of putting it! :D

Sometimes over there it looks like a life or death struggle.

Billy Ray said:
I showed my wife the pics and she thought it was a still from the movie, till she looked closer.

At the moment I think it's the shadows that are throwing the face off. They certainly know how to do lifelike skin texture. I'm really eager to see more angles and with more light. Apparently he has the PERS eye system, so that will change his look.

Billy Ray said:
This will be my first Hot Toys figure, so I don't know that much about them either. The always have looked good to me, I just don't have that kind of cash. For Indy I will definitely make an exception.

With luck he won't make an appearance for many months, so he can sit on order as something to look forward to!

indyclone25

well thanks for the photos everybody , the head scuplt doesn't look to bad. would say it doesn't need the cleft in his chin tho, thats what i see anyways.
the clothing looks good , except that hat! man does that brim look terrible. hopefully it can be heated up and shaped and made to look better. but i great christmas eve surprise to see this. well let's hope we see more about this in the near future , was there any word about price or did i miss that on someone's post.....?:D

Billy Ray

No price was given for this that I know of but the DX figures seem to be going for around $200. I am already saving for this one (y)

michael

This does look really good. Would love to see more face shots though.

What's up with the white on the shoes?? They look like boat shoes.

Montana Smith

Billy Ray said:
A couple of new photos. Liking this more and more...

And some Sideshow Freaks are liking it less and less:

Tweak sculpt
adjust hat
fix jacket (too thick)
fix shirt collar
correct web belt color
correct holster belt color
fix the bright white stripe on the boots

That's just at first glance.

And although we haven't seen it yet, that holster is looking way too big again

They make it sound hopeless!

I can see the problem with the fedora tapering, where it should be straight.

The Aldens match the originals when new:

535.jpg

The sculpt is still too hard to judge yet, but I find this shot is more useful, as the forehead is visible, putting the face into context without the hat.

newrelease_003.jpg

224.jpg

TheLostCrusader

Wow, the nose, chin and jaw line are all kind of off. I mean this is still a good sculpt but considering how well Hot Toys has nailed other liknesses, this is kind of a dissapointment.

Montana Smith

TheLostCrusader said:
Wow, the nose, chin and jaw line are all kind of off. I mean this is still a good sculpt but considering how well Hot Toys has nailed other liknesses, this is kind of a dissapointment.

Following the right hand side of the face (right side of the picture) the model appears to be correct. The thing that seems to be amiss is the lack of the dimples in the cheeks, but that may be just the way Harrison was in that picture.

I'm hoping the nose looks right, if the head was tilted back a bit.

Despite the growing venom on Sideshow Freaks, this figure is growing on me. I'm giving it a break until studio shots are made available, and because this is a first show prototype.

Some more pics:

5289979351_718881aed1_o.jpg

5289979681_4a599f6613_o.jpg

Nurhachi1991

Well the figure looks alright but in the movie Harrison had his pants specially dry cleaned and pressed and the pants on the figure look like they just went in the washing machine.... and his socks an 1/4 shorter than the ones in the movie and if memory serves Indy had 495 hairs of stubble and this figure only has 493....