TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 07-19-2007, 01:23 AM   #26
NileQT87
IndyFan

somehow, i wouldn't be surprised if his real name turned out to be henry jones III or something. it would be hilarious. it would almost be cruel for marion to do that to indy and the son, though henry, sr. would probably love it.

if this was a trilogy, perhaps if this one succeeds well, sean might be coaxed back for a cameo in V or VI.
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:12 PM   #27
Henry Jones Junior
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish1941
They want to focus future Dr. Jones adventures around Shia LaBeouf?

I think and I have initimate knowledge, but if Shia's character is well recieved they will make a series based around him. Again I have no knowledge of that but just sorta figure that'd be th eroute they'd take.
Henry Jones Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 PM   #28
Vendetta08
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NileQT87-Solo_Baggins
somehow, i wouldn't be surprised if his real name turned out to be henry jones III or something. it would be hilarious. it would almost be cruel for marion to do that to indy and the son, though henry, sr. would probably love it.

if this was a trilogy, perhaps if this one succeeds well, sean might be coaxed back for a cameo in V or VI.

Don't know how much truth this is but I believe I read somewhere that there will be a scene between Indy and Shia where something is revealed between the two. Now if Shia's name is Henry Jones, Indy will know it's his son from the get-go.
Vendetta08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:51 AM   #29
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
More like Indiana Ravenwood, *snigger*. I mean come on, does Marion really know Indy's real name? We'd assume so, but i haven't seen any evidence suggesting as such.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:16 AM   #30
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
More like Indiana Ravenwood, *snigger*. I mean come on, does Marion really know Indy's real name? We'd assume so, but i haven't seen any evidence suggesting as such.
True. We have no idea does any of his female sidekicks know about it. I mean, it's even likely they don't, since Sallah had no clue either before Henry told him. Only Indy girl to imply that she knows the truth behind Indy's professional name was Sophia Hapgood.

Yeah, in my book, she's equally up there with the movie babes, but then again, that's just me.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #31
NileQT87
IndyFan

is nobody else thinking about that spoiler with the gigantic spiraling staircase that collapses...? best and most indy rumor yet!

Last edited by Finn : 07-21-2007 at 04:27 AM.
NileQT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:41 PM   #32
Niteshade007
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
True. We have no idea does any of his female sidekicks know about it. I mean, it's even likely they don't, since Sallah had no clue either before Henry told him. Only Indy girl to imply that she knows the truth behind Indy's professional name was Sophia Hapgood.

Yeah, in my book, she's equally up there with the movie babes, but then again, that's just me.

True, but you have to consider the fact that Marion was in a serious relationship with the man, and keeping you real name from someone you love would just be a bit odd. Also, Marion's father taught Indy. Now, I'm sure, but I think that Indy just called himself "Indiana," not that he had his actual name changed to Indiana. As a teacher, he would be able to see that his name was in fact Henry Jones Jr, information that he might have shared with his daughter.

I do hope though that Shia isn't Henry Jones/Ravenwood III. I don't know, it seems so unoriginal.
Niteshade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:33 AM   #33
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niteshade007
True, but you have to consider the fact that Marion was in a serious relationship with the man, and keeping you real name from someone you love would just be a bit odd. Also, Marion's father taught Indy. Now, I'm sure, but I think that Indy just called himself "Indiana," not that he had his actual name changed to Indiana. As a teacher, he would be able to see that his name was in fact Henry Jones Jr, information that he might have shared with his daughter.
I was actually about to add that, but for some reason didn't. You're right, Marion is likely to know Indy's real name (if not the real story behind it).

And oh yeah, people... this comes a little late, but did it light up to any of you that we're in spoiler-FREE section of the board? So please, do not discuss any rumors that contain possible plot points here, and if you have an article to post that contains some, DO NOT QUOTE IT ALL HERE! I've obviously skipped it on my previous readthroghs, but better late than never. Watch it, please.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 05:31 PM   #34
Parzival
IndyFan

anything new on this rumor?
Parzival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #35
Shortie
IndyFan

More films, for real?

Quote:
We haven't seen the Indy line at retail yet, and already interest is focussing beyond your initial offerings - specifically on vehicles. The 'Last Crusade Tank' and 'Raider's Flying Wing' - are these something you've considered producing? (TPU.co.uk, 04/04/08)

We are indeed considering the Flying Wing for the vehicle line and are looking at whether it can be done in our $19.99 assortment (if we did it, it would be in '09 at the earliest). However, the Tank is just too big to do in our $19.99 vehicle line. As we don't have another, higher priced assortment in the IJ line, this one will have to be a "wait and see" based on the response to the IJ line, and possibly tied to future movies if we can't get it done for this one. The entire IJ line will have a shelf-date of 5/1.

I wonder if Hasbro let that cat out of the bag.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #36
Kingsley
IndyFan

Thinking about it seriously, I think the only one who has more "important" things to do in his future is Spielberg.
For Ford, there isn't anything greater than Indiana Jones in sight. And for Lucas... if he didn't start with anything truly new in the last 20 year, I find it hard to start now.

But I don't like the perspective of more movies only because they don't have anything better to do!
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #37
IndyFan89
IndyFan

Hank Braxtan(Director of Return of the Ghostbusters) mentioned on his forums that he play's hockey with a guy that worked on the film a while back:

Quote:
HA HA HA HA HA!

Guess who actually knows someone working on this movie RIGHT NOW?

Quote:
Well...I do work in Hollywood, after all. Is it a real shocker? Actually, I play hockey with someone working on this film.

Quote:
Well don't worry...they're making three of them.

Veiw the thread here:

http://www.braxtanfilm.com/smf/index.php?topic=3212.20
IndyFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #38
Moedred
Administrator

In those posts from August he's just repeating news we knew that "Shia is signed on for more sequels" (a standard contract).
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #39
torao
Moderator Emeritus

Merged these threads. Maybe the history of the issue becomes more apparent this way.

Oh ...and the news Moedred mentioned can be found [Beware. There are potential spoilers lurking behind that link I believe] here for example.

Last edited by torao : 04-06-2008 at 03:34 PM.
torao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #40
Kingsley
IndyFan

Well, maybe the thread belongs to the spoilers section now.

Thinking about it, you can always find hints pointing to more movies.
George Hall and all the 90's footage in YIJC removed... why? Is Mutt such an important character to generate contradictions there?

Quote:
CHUD: the buzz is that this franchise could live on as a generational saga if audiences love Shia as much as director Steven Spielberg does...

Well, lets see what they did with Mutt in KOTCS... he should be extremely charming to generate such a saga.
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #41
Shortie
IndyFan

I heard Harrison has also signed on for more films. Just as many as Shia I think.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #42
-Jones-
IndyFan

Of course there will be movies 4-6. Some of you think that there will be only one movie with older Indy? I don't think so. And I don't believe Marshall anymore, he's lying SoB ;>.

IMO it just looks stupid:

I-III -> about 38-40 year old Indy

IV -> about 58-60 year old Indy ??? naaah After 20 year of waiting only 1 movie? Naaah. Ford's career needs a big boost, because in last 10 years he played in really shi**y films.

So:

IV-VI -> YES ;]
-Jones- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:02 PM   #43
TheLastCrusader
IndyFan

Let us 4most see Indy 4 be4 hoping 4 more than 4 IJ films.
TheLastCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #44
Hedwig
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
I heard Harrison has also signed on for more films. Just as many as Shia I think.
Hurray! More Indy movies (hopefully..)!
Hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #45
inky_skin
IndyFan

Stars are often 'optioned' to appear in future movies when deals are made with studios (remember Peter Mayhew around the time of Revenge of the Sith ?). The option to exercise this right in the future is occasionally taken up if the movie does well, but signing the agreement doesn't automatically equate to future movies actually being made.

Wouldn't be the first time a licensing partner screwed up though - especially when it comes to Hasbro (who knew that the Clone Wars would be in theaters this summer before they 'leaked' it ?).
inky_skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:06 PM   #46
Snap
IndyFan

I think they are going to make 2 more after indy IV. Just you wait and see.
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote