TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #101
clorrificus
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 36
i love how they timed the music to fit perfectly with the shots. genius.
clorrificus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #102
Michael24
IndyFan
 
Michael24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay
i am not really sure, but the music from the beginning of the latest TV Spot sounds a bit like the ark theme but not a 100 %, maybe it is one of the new themes or more likely it sounds differently due to the sound quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPdcDHiRl7w&fmt=18

What did you hear guys?

Sounds like the Ark theme to me. The very beginning in particular sounds like the same piece as they're making the trek on the island in Raiders.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:54 AM   #103
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan
 
Dr.Sartorius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,991
TV spot 10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtiYlijoW4I
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:15 AM   #104
torao
Moderator Emeritus
 
torao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius

Woooeeyy! Ford's facial expression is classic.
torao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:25 AM   #105
eroc
IndyFan
 
eroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Swampwater, Louisiana
Posts: 525
What does Mutt say before Indy says, "Kid, it's just a story"?
eroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:30 AM   #106
The Man
IndyFan
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mola Ram School Of Cardiology
Posts: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroc
What does Mutt say before Indy says, "Kid, it's just a story"?

"Daddy, I'm scared."
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:36 AM   #107
eroc
IndyFan
 
eroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Swampwater, Louisiana
Posts: 525
Classic! Ha Ha!
eroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:39 AM   #108
-Jones-
IndyFan
 
-Jones-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroc
What does Mutt say before Indy says, "Kid, it's just a story"?

'What powers?' It's in the novelization.
-Jones- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #109
SterankoII
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 352
Here's a bad quality of the "It's just a story" spot:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtiYlijoW4I



I caught 2 more new spots while watching MTV and MTV2 yesterday. I only caught the very end of one while watching MTV and it's of the jungle chase where Shia's standing in one jeep while swinging a shovel and hitting Spalko who was standing on another! Then later while watching MTV2 I caught the other one and it's all stuff from the jungle chase. Indy,Marion, Mutt and Okley(John Hurt) in the amphibious vehicle yelling while going over a small waterfall, Indy looking really pissed driving and sideswiping another vehicle, Spalko riding in a jeep yelling "JONES!!" in a way that she should have been waving her fist at him, and Mutt and Spalko having a sword fight while each standing on top of the same two moving jeeps(or amphibious vehicles) from the other promo! This sequence is going to be insane!

Last edited by SterankoII : 05-14-2008 at 10:40 AM.
SterankoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #110
~Bender~
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 21
Sounds to me like he says " so whats the power?" but of course, the quality is bad so.....
~Bender~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #111
The Man
IndyFan
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mola Ram School Of Cardiology
Posts: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by SterankoII
Here's a bad quality of the "It's just a story" spot:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtiYlijoW4I



I caught 2 more new spots while watching MTV and MTV2 yesterday. I only caught the very end of one while watching MTV and it's of the jungle chase where Shia's standing in one jeep while swinging a shovel and hitting Spalko who was standing on another! Then later while watching MTV2 I caught the other one and it's all stuff from the jungle chase. Indy,Marion, Mutt and Okley(John Hurt) in the amphibious vehicle yelling while going over a small waterfall, Indy looking really pissed driving and sideswiping another vehicle, Spalko riding in a jeep yelling "JONES!!" in a way that she should have been waving her fist at him, and Mutt and Spalko having a sword fight while each standing on top of the same two moving jeeps(or amphibious vehicles) from the other promo! This sequence is going to be insane!

That sounds astonishing. One week to go!!!
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #112
SterankoII
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 352
Waaay better quality of TV Spot #10 or #11("Just a story!")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJxQrsWkZnk
SterankoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #113
oki9Sedo
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by SterankoII
Waaay better quality of TV Spot #10 or #11("Just a story!")
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJxQrsWkZnk

It amazes me how skeptical he is after seeing the power of the Ark, Sankara Stones and Holy Grail.
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #114
Ska
IndyFan
 
Ska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,438
Very true...Indy should just about believe anything at this point in his life!
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #115
SterankoII
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 352
Quote:
Very true...Indy should just about believe anything at this point in his life!

I think Indy probably has found thousands of artifacts over they years that have been said to possess mystical powers and those three(and if you count the non-canonical adventures) make up a small percentage that have turned out to be true.
SterankoII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #116
The Man
IndyFan
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mola Ram School Of Cardiology
Posts: 5,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by oki9Sedo
It amazes me how skeptical he is after seeing the power of the Ark, Sankara Stones and Holy Grail.

He's just saying that to avoid Mutt getting excited and spilling his milkshake.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #117
torao
Moderator Emeritus
 
torao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
He's just saying that to avoid Mutt getting excited and spilling his milkshake.
lol

Milkshake!
Whatever.
I think it's one of the paradoxes of the series that no installment acknowledges the journey of "illumination" or faith Indy has made previously. It's the condition to start off with the reluctant and doubting hero at the beginning of each episode.
..I also wondered if that would change this time around, though. And I thought that Marshall's emphasizing of what Indy has learned over the years had something to do with that.
torao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:08 PM   #118
Hawkeye
IndyFan
 
Hawkeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 355
Just saw another one, where the amphibious vehicle Mutt, Indy, and Marion are on goes over the waterfall! Looked pretty cool!
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #119
sandiegojones
IndyFan
 
sandiegojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,251
This tv spot is now on the OS along with a new behind the scenes.
sandiegojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:55 PM   #120
digitalfreaknyc
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Just saw another one, where the amphibious vehicle Mutt, Indy, and Marion are on goes over the waterfall! Looked pretty cool!

They just showed this during Idol!
digitalfreaknyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #121
sandiegojones
IndyFan
 
sandiegojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,251
Yeah, I just caught that during Idol. That had a lot of new clips. Doomtown explosion, Mutt & Spalko sword fight during the jungle chase, temple implosion, and the gang going over a a waterfall.

Looked like quite a lot of digital stuff though...

Last edited by sandiegojones : 05-14-2008 at 11:12 PM.
sandiegojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:22 AM   #122
gregmasciola
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1
It's kind of funny, but I'm a little tired of seeing the TV spots. Obviously I want to see the movie; okay, I'm DYING to see the movie; but I can hardly watch much TV right now because they seem to show the same TV spots during every single commercial break no matter what I'm watching. And they also show the Special Edition ad during every break. It's kind of annoying, but at least the movie is getting a lot of promotion
gregmasciola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:34 AM   #123
eroc
IndyFan
 
eroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Swampwater, Louisiana
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jones-
'What powers?' It's in the novelization.

Thanks! Although I did like, "Daddy I'm scared."
eroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:36 AM   #124
eroc
IndyFan
 
eroc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Swampwater, Louisiana
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
He's just saying that to avoid Mutt getting excited and spilling his milkshake.

HA!!!!
eroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:05 AM   #125
Blue Jay
IndyFan
 
Blue Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegojones
This tv spot is now on the OS along with a new behind the scenes.

Here are the links for TV Spot # 10

http://downloads.paramount.com/mp/in...essor_480p.mov

http://downloads.paramount.com/mp/in...essor_720p.mov

http://downloads.paramount.com/mp/in...ssor_1080p.mov

Enjoy
Blue Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.