TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 12-19-2003, 09:08 PM   #26
Randy_Flagg
IndyFan

I don't want to see anyone particularly well-known in Indy4. Anthony Hopkins is a good actor, as someone said, but to me he's always "Anthony Hopkins" because he's entirely too well known, and his face is all over the place in magazines and such. Same problem with Harrison Ford, lately, but fortunately, I can still see him as Indy.

I liked the leading ladies in the previous Indy movies because I only knew them as their characters. Karen Allen was Marion. Nobody else. I'd never seen her anywhere before Raiders, so I didn't associate her with any other character. Same with Kate Capshaw and Alison Doody. And of course I can also say the same about other characters like Mola Ram and Belloq and Short Round. I didn't know these people from other roles (yes, I know now that Paul Freeman and Amish-what's-his-face-Mola were in a ton of other movies, but I hadn't seen them before Raiders.) While I loved Henry Jones, Sr., I couldn't help but look at him and think, "Wow, what a weird role for Sean Connery." Rather than him just being the character, he was the actor too, and that takes a little something away from the experience for me.
Randy_Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 01:09 PM   #27
Mozart

yeah, anthony hopkins is way to famous. it'd be annoying to see people from other famous movies...
Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:14 AM   #28
Henry Jones Junior
IndyFan

Maybe Willem Dafoe or Terence Stamp as villains. The girl could be Demi Moore. I also would like a young under-study like James Franco or maybe even Dominic Monaghan or Billy Boyd boy am I going to get flamed!
Henry Jones Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:23 AM   #29
Henry Jones Junior
IndyFan

For the lady role perhaps there are others better than Demi Moore such as John Ritter's wife. Her name ecscapes me but you know who I am talking about. I am trying to think of a person that is the believeable age range of about 15 years to a 55 yeare old Indy. Gillian Anderson??? Jennifer Connely is always great as is Elizabeth Shue. I think Jennifer Connely and Elizabeth Shue could pass as brilliant scholars.

If they were to go the daughter route I think Kiera Knightly would be a good route if ti was not for her Pirates fame. Arrgh.
Henry Jones Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 09:53 AM   #30
Mozart

Thumbs up

Terence Stamp, not a bad suggestion.
he's not too famous, and he's a great actor.
Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 10:40 AM   #31
Webley
IndyFan

John Goodmen as Remy.
Webley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 03:56 PM   #32
Webley
IndyFan

Carrie Fisher as Gale Parker.
Webley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:49 PM   #33
00Kevin
Indyfan

hmmm, interesting....I'm not sure that Goodman would make a good Remy, he's too american

I'm thinking that it would be better to get a new face for the love interest, like most of Lucas' projects, it would be good to see someone associated as the indy girl, not any other charactor
00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 07:25 PM   #34
Ska
IndyFan

Going with the Tom Selleck rumor, I watched an episode of Magnum P.I. a while ago (which I was able to tape btw) called The Legend of the Lost Art. The episode showed me how much Selleck really wanted to play Indy, and I think at the time of the episode, he really regreted turning down Raiders. When I first read that Selleck was orignally cast as Indy, I was thinking how much the Indy movies would have sucked with him as our hero. But after watching the Magnum P.I. episode, he wore the fedora, leather jacket, whip, etc. quite well. I believe that it would be more than interesting to see him as a villian in IV as a rival American archeologist who sold out to the (insert your favorite bad guy country here).

BTW...the episode was hilarious to an avid Jones fan. Quite a good parody with a lot of references to Raiders.

Ska
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote