Old 02-06-2004, 12:32 PM   #1
00Kevin
Indyfan

Lightbulb just wanted to end the sadness with some fun complaining

00Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 12:57 PM   #2
00Kevin
Indyfan

this thread is intended for a fun layed back look at the indy 4 situation, no bickering here! jokes
Old 02-06-2004, 03:35 PM   #3
Attila the Professor

Guys...it's just a movie. It doesn't matter.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 03:16 AM   #4
Pier 1981
IndyFan

I don't understand all this criticism and insults toward Lucas, I mean, would u prefer a catastrophic IndyIV (like the prequels of Star Wars) or no IndyIV at all? I choose the second option.

IMHO Lucas doesn't want to make the same mistakes he did with Episode I and II, disappointing most of the SW fan, so he is trying to do the best to have a great last Indy movie, and if this means a simple delay (no one said officially that the project is gone), no matter for me.
We all should be grateful to Lucas that he isn't going to do this movie only for money.
Pier 1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:24 AM   #5
torao
Moderator Emeritus

let`s instantly HOPE that he has that good intentions, pier 1981! otherwise....maybe he just followed HIS own taste that even guided him to the mess by the name of episode 2 etc...

attila is right...it`s just a movie. i actually should be way happy that they won`t make indy 4 for a 2005 release (because this would be around my finals which would result in an incredibly high need of adrenaline i couldn`t afford.)

however what woories me is the fact that this script is probably freakin' good. *sigh* this makes me really nervous you know.
torao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:03 AM   #6
00Kevin
Indyfan

Ok, It's is obvious that none of you understand the reasoning of this thread. There are like 6 threads out about the same topic, all of them negative or serious

This one is the joke thread, forget your crying and your seriousness at the door.

Post humor and puns related to the present situation

such as the thread I bumped last month about indy 4 beign released in 2050. The title of this thread was a spoof of all the active threads in the present day.

So Ease up!
Old 02-07-2004, 12:09 PM   #7
philhos
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Renderking Fisk
The Law of Gravity has been ammended by Congress and special intrest groups (The ACLU says The Law of Gravity is unfair to Blacks, Hispanics and poor working families and Newton was in fact a Republican).

Do you want to know why the ACLU is saying this? It's 'cause The Law of Gravity keeps insisting it was created by God.

Oh! And also, 'cause The Law of Gravity wanted to put the 10 Commandments up in its office.
philhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:49 PM   #8
00Kevin
Indyfan

that's enough John, that it outside

JOKES!

Harrison Ford to Play Indy's Grandfather in the Next Indy flick
Old 02-07-2004, 04:54 PM   #9
Henry Jones Junior
IndyFan

Jar-Jar Binks should beat Lucas to death at the end of the 3rd star wars. That bearde

Temple of John I have always respected you but the prequel bashing is uncalled for. So my true colors are revealed I am a Star Wars fan. Yes Star Wars and that includes the GREAT prequel films that George Lucas has worked hard to make. If you are pissed off at Lucas do not be. An insider at CHUD has said it was Spielberg who did not like the script. I do not want an Indy 4 just for the sake of having it. If it is not as good a story as the previous ones I would prefer it to be left alone.

When it is made and you guys do not ALL like it because it is not exactly like the previous ones I will have to here you guys b***h and moan like babies. I have seen it with the prequels and care not to see it again.
Henry Jones Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:25 PM   #10
Tennessee R
IndyFan

Marion plays the new Indy's girlfriend's mother.

Anyone notice how poor she looks on the bonus disks?

[Edited by Tennessee R on 02-07-2004 at 05:52 pm]
Tennessee R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:32 PM   #11
Webley
IndyFan

I hear Short Round is going to play Brody in Jones4.
Webley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:38 PM   #12
philhos
IndyFan

Is it true that Pat Roach is going to play Indy's brother? Finally, he can say more than, "Argh!" "Ugh!" and "Waugh!"

I made up the Pat Roach thing. I never heard it except from my shoulder angel. He said he heard it from some guy he knew.

[Edited by philhos on 02-09-2004 at 07:23 am]
philhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:42 PM   #13
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by Tennessee R
Marion plays the new Indy's girlfriend's mother.

Anyone notice how poor she looks on the bonus disks?

[Edited by Tennessee R on 02-07-2004 at 05:52 pm]

Yeah, it can be a reference to LC.

Marion: "It's disgraceful; he's old enough to be your fath - grandfather."

Marion's daughter: "I'm as human as the next woman."

Marion: "Yeah, but I was the woman before you."

Indy (grinning): "Ships that pass in the night..."
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:21 PM   #14
00Kevin
Indyfan

hahaha!
Old 02-08-2004, 02:40 PM   #15
IAdventurer01
IndyFan

Actually, george dying at the end of the fourth movie would be pretty good. I have liked his more recent movies(epi:1 & 2) but many have not. So, if epi:3 is unliked, and WHEN Indy 4 gets made, George can drop dead content that he sucessfully helped make THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!
IAdventurer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 02:49 PM   #16
Tennessee R
IndyFan

Sorry, but I can't seem to figure out what epi is?
Old 02-08-2004, 04:09 PM   #17
00Kevin
Indyfan

Episode, the star wars films

Episode 1: The Phamtom Menace
Episode 2: Attack of the Clones
Episode 3: The Quest for More Money
Old 02-08-2004, 11:43 PM   #18
Tennessee R
IndyFan

Aha, Thanks 00Kevin
Old 02-09-2004, 10:25 AM   #19
dmaster
IndyFan

Re: Jar-Jar Binks should beat Lucas to death at the end of the 3rd star wars. That bearde

Quote:
Originally posted by Henry Jones Junior
Temple of John I have always respected you but the prequel bashing is uncalled for. So my true colors are revealed I am a Star Wars fan. Yes Star Wars and that includes the GREAT prequel films that George Lucas has worked hard to make.

Right on the money, these folks almost don't seem to know who George Lucas really is. I mean, if they did they would not be all worked up like this.

My recommendation: go out and buy one of GL biography that are out there, you'll get a better respect for this guy. Prequels or not, he is the creator of Indiana Jones.

I've always said this, and I respect and admire both of them; If Spielberg is the Genius, Lucas is the Vision.
dmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 03:44 PM   #20
Kate
IndyFan

Location: The Wild, Wild West (though there are places I'd rather be and a certain place I left my heart)
Quote:
Originally posted by temple of john
Jar-Jar Binks should beat Lucas to death at the end of the 3rd star wars. That bearded freak has destroyed 2 of the greatest movies franchises of all time. Down with Lucas.

Ha ha! I agree thoroughly!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:03 PM   #21
Coldfyre
IndyFan

I agree with you, Temple of John. I think the reason Lucas doesn't like Darabont's script is more along the lines of "not enough poop jokes, CGI effects or Willie" rather than "not worthy of being an Indy movie". Lucas has clearly abandoned common sense, taste and talent with the Star Wars prequels, and unless Episode III turns out to be VERY good, I'm not about to trust his judgment of Indy 4's script.
Coldfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:52 AM   #22
monkey

I just want to say a few words about George Lucas.

He is one of the most creative artists in the history of the motion picture industry.

He created INDIANA JONES! Who I think is one of the greatest characters ever in the history of fiction.

He created Star Wars. Arguably the most famous motion picture ever.

I was never really a big Star Wars fan, and still am not, but that doesn't mean I didn't like the movies. They were great! And I've seen Episode 1 and 2. They were different from the originals trilogy, but that's because it's been more than twenty years since those movies were made. This is a new era of movie making. I thought Episode 1 and 2 were great.

Just my opinion, but I think the Lucas bashing on this forum is getting a little out of hand, and it isn't fair.
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 07:13 AM   #23
LASTCRUSADER
IndyFan

I think we have to remember that we do not know what is going through GL's mind. We don't know his reasons for delaying the project and not being satisfied with the script. For all we know he could be creating the best Indy flick out of the franchise and just wants it to be as close to perfect as possible. Hopefully these delays only mean good thing for Indy IV.
LASTCRUSADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 12:41 PM   #24
Coldfyre
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by monkey
I just want to say a few words about George Lucas.

He is one of the most creative artists in the history of the motion picture industry.

He created INDIANA JONES! Who I think is one of the greatest characters ever in the history of fiction.

He created Star Wars. Arguably the most famous motion picture ever.

I was never really a big Star Wars fan, and still am not, but that doesn't mean I didn't like the movies. They were great! And I've seen Episode 1 and 2. They were different from the originals trilogy, but that's because it's been more than twenty years since those movies were made. This is a new era of movie making. I thought Episode 1 and 2 were great.

Just my opinion, but I think the Lucas bashing on this forum is getting a little out of hand, and it isn't fair.

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate what Lucas has done in the past. He's created some amazing things, and I'll always be grateful to him for that. But I think it's pretty obvious that he's lost his touch recently, to put it mildly. I mean, come on. Jar-Jar. How could ANYONE with a lick of common sense think Jar-Jar was a good idea? I know the Lucas who created Indy was a great man, but the Lucas who created Jar-Jar is like a totally different person, and unless he regains what he's lost, I don't trust his opinion of the Indy 4 script.

Fisk, I hope you're right about Lucas listening to fan complaints and regaining some of his sanity. I have to admit that Episode 2, though (in my opinion) nowhere near the quality of the original trilogy, was much better than Episode 1, so maybe he is learning.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:20 PM   #25
Coldfyre
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Renderking Fisk
Coldfyre:

I dont' mind telling you and the rest of the guys this... what makes you think that the OT was really any good? They were great CINEMA but they weren't great FILM. We're talking about movies that were made to be fun and when we frist saw them when we were children and had a diffrent mindset.

I believe that when Episode III is released, the first two will be in better context.

I agree with your statement about them being great cinema rather than great film... they're, well... fluffy. Even The Empire Strikes Back wasn't very deep or emotional compared to a FILM movie like Casablanca or Citizen Kane. I think Indy (at least Raiders) is somewhere in between, with lots of fun action and jokes, but emotion as well. Compare Han Solo and Indiana Jones, and it's pretty obvious which character has more depth and complexity. I guess what worries me is how I felt about the prequels compared to the original trilogy... the original trilogy was watchable several times over. Episode 1 made me never want to see it again (except the lightsaber battle), and Episode 2 left me completely indifferent and apathetic. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, and I don't think nostalgia really explains this difference for me. I think it's the quality of the movies. So my reasoning is, if Lucas can't even do the light, fluffy stuff as well anymore, it's pretty unlikely he'll be able to do something deeper, and the new Indy movie will feel hollow, full of goofy jokes and lacking the romance, adventure and supernatural awe that made Raiders so great. I hope you're right though... I really respect most of Lucas' past work, I realize everyone makes mistakes, and if he's really listening to what fans want, maybe it will turn out okay.