TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Old 03-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #1
garzo
IndyFan

Sean Patrick Flanery

I was a big fan of the Young Indiana Jones series and was wondering if there has ever been any serious talk of big-screen Indiana Jones films with Sean Patrick Flanery as a not-so-young Indy. Wouldn't he be ideal to carry on the franchise?
garzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:32 AM   #2
Webley
IndyFan

I think SPF would make a grate Indiana Jones to carry on the movie franchise.
Webley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #3
indifan101
IndyFan

Here's some FYI on this actor's name. I almost got pretty excited when I heard this name because this is the name of a vietnam war veteran who had his diary published into a book. It's based off of the Dear America series. The new series for boys is My Name is America. Iv'e read this book and it put tears to my eyes. It's about a young man who fought in the Vietnam War and the siege of Khe Sahn during 1969. I would recomend this book to anyone. Truley and inspiration story.
indifan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #4
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
I would like to see SPF take over... I want to see HF in Indy IV, but it'd be nice if they made more in the 20's and early 30's with SPF as Indy after Indy IV. And he's a babe....
Oh and.. Welcome to the Raven, Garzo!!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 07:44 AM   #5
indyfreak999
IndyFan

how come there are 22 chapters but spf does 12 and corey carrier does 1 who does the rest
indyfreak999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
Junior Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfreak999
how come there are 22 chapters but spf does 12 and corey carrier does 1 who does the rest

Corey Carrier portrayed Indy in 5 chapters (comprised of six episodes, one-and-a-half TV movies, and addition footage).
Sean Patrick Flannery did 17 chapters.
And Harrison Ford did 3.

(I don't know why people keep saying that only Harrison Ford can play Indy.)
Junior Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:44 AM   #7
garzo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
I would like to see SPF take over... I want to see HF in Indy IV, but it'd be nice if they made more in the 20's and early 30's with SPF as Indy after Indy IV. And he's a babe....
Oh and.. Welcome to the Raven, Garzo!!

Thanks Violet Indy!
garzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:30 PM   #8
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Nice to know some people still have their manners intact.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:55 AM   #9
BrodyIsDead
IndyFan

Just look to the Dead Zone

If you watch SPF in the Dead Zone currently you can totally see a young Harrison Ford in his face - I never thought watching the Young Indy series that I could imagine him growing older looking like Harrison Ford, but I was so wrong - he could totally pull off a mid-1920s Indy now...

Let's hope Lucas has some sense and uses him in the film - it doesn't really matter that non-fans won't get the reference - if there's a young Indy flashback scene somewhere in it, he should use SPF!

Incidentally years ago after Last Crusade I also always though Dennis Quaid would make a good Harrison Ford replacement as Indy but SPF definitely would be better, given his involvment with the franchise already...

------------------------------

www.cgallan.blogspot.com

&

www.findthemissingreel.com
BrodyIsDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:42 PM   #10
Alexandria
IndyFan

I always thought SPF could play Indy's son as well. Hmm. I don't think that ****SPOILER ALERT****

Shia lebouf really looks too much like Indy. I thought that SPF was great as long Indy. He kind of had that slanted grin, and charm about him.
Alexandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:59 AM   #11
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

At first, I'll admit that I didn't see resemblence between HF and Shia, but now seeing him recently in "Transformers" trailer, he does resemble a young Harrison (but, better! ).

BTW, who does SPF play in the 'Dead Zone'? It used to be on TV in Australia but it isn't anymore.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #12
Alexandria
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
At first, I'll admit that I didn't see resemblence between HF and Shia, but now seeing him recently in "Transformers" trailer, he does resemble a young Harrison (but, better! ).

BTW, who does SPF play in the 'Dead Zone'? It used to be on TV in Australia but it isn't anymore.
I think it was the president of the United States that he played in "the dead zone".
Alexandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:13 AM   #13
arkfinder
IndyFan

I never watched the t.v. show. But, I will once they come out on dvd. I heard it's pretty good.
arkfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:03 AM   #14
Yvonne
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I think it was the president of the United States that he played in "the dead zone".

I think he played the Vice President, but I'm not sure since I've only seen a few episodes of The Dead Zone.

As for SPF playing Indy, I think that would be awesome! He does resemble Indy more now than he did back then I think.

-yvonne
Yvonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:09 AM   #15
IndySeven
IndyFan

He makes a pretty good Indy.
IndySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Demon Hunter (2005). I'm not expecting much, but the DVD cover, coupled with the name Sean Patrick Flanery, made me think of Masks of Evil.

On the back there's a warning about "strong sex and nudity". As long as it's not SPF prancing around in his birthday suit, the movie might not be a total loss.

Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #17
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
On the back there's a warning about "strong sex and nudity". As long as it's not SPF prancing around in his birthday suit, the movie might not be a total loss.
I haven't seen "Boondock Saints II" yet but I believe there is a scene in it where The Flan Man is buck naked.

One movie I'm trying to track down is his pre-Young Indy film, "Powder". A friend told me that it's interesting. Has anyone here seen it?
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Powder came out after YIJ
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #19
Stoo
IndyFan

So it did. 1995. Have you seen it, Mitch? If so, did you like it?
Old 01-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #20
RaiderMitch
TR.N Staff Member

Saw it when it came out. It is actually very well done and better than the run of the mill teen angst/ outsider movie.
RaiderMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:11 AM   #21
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
So it did. 1995. Have you seen it, Mitch? If so, did you like it?

Seen it. It's an intriguing film- and it also has Jeff Goldblum in it. It's certainly one of Flanery's better films. I haven't seen either of the Boondock films, but they are avaliable so eventually will rent them out. I also saw a few years back, a movie called "Guinevere" in which Flanery plays King Arthur. Don't bother with that one. That's crap.

And technically wouldn't it be a during Young Indy film, as some scenes from Young Indy were filmed post-1995 according to the 2000 VHS releases?
Old 01-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #22
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Demon Hunter wasn't that bad. It was a bit like a sexed up version of Buffy, with SPF as Buffy.

He's a half-demon bounty hunter on contract to the Catholic church. But he doesn't like his bosses much, and gets to verbally abuse some priests.

Colleen Porch is an Angelina Jolie lookalike, which is a good trick to pull on a low budget.

More fun than The Exorcist, anyway.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #23
Attila the Professor

Sean sure makes us proud...

Boondock Saints II Commentary review

Quote:
Another running gag involves the phrase “Squeezer to the dome!”, apparently a joke gesture in which someone mimes masturbating, then flinging semen at someone else’s head. Duffy and Flanery love this phrase, and repeat it upward of 50 times throughout the track, in response to nudity, jack-off jokes, people being shot or hit in the head, people having guns held to their heads, characters being generally screwed over, or general sexual excitement. Again, whenever one of them says it, the other repeats it, usually louder and in a different silly accent, and then they bounce it back and forth a couple times, guffawing wildly. Similarly, whenever Connolly’s character, Il Duce, shows up onscreen, Duffy and Flanery work through various mispronunciations—Il Douche, Il Doooose, etc.—in various goofy voices. They also really like the phrase “homo queersicle” to describe any man showing any emotion other than rage or contempt.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #24
Stoo
IndyFan

If you get the U.K. channel, Film4, turn it on RIGHT NOW. They are showing a movie called, "Simply Irresistable", with Sean Patrick Flanery.

It started 15 minutes ago. Here's the description:

"A woman with no talent for cooking makes a success of her family restuarant with the help of a magic crab. Romantic comedy, with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Sean Patrick Flanery."

MAGIC CRAB?
Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #25
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

His face has really taken a beating since the first Boondock Saints movie.
What happened?
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote